SportsWrath

Osi news

Lughead

Beat writter Ohm Youngmisuk:

Coughlin says Osi had physical. He will meet with Dr. Warren this afternoon. Says he doubt Osi will be cleared to practice today

pat hanlon :

TC just told media that one of good things from yesterday is that Osi and Jerry Reese had a good conversation.

If Osi and Reese had a "good" conversation.....then that's a very positive thing for a change. I'd love to see Osi put his enormous ego back in the box where it belongs and settle for being a multi-millionaire playing a game for a living.

I was under the impression that Osi had a year left in his contract, but I just read somewhere that he has 2 years left. If that is so, I'd simply say...."play ball Osi...a deal is a deal....we'll trade your ass to Oakland to play out a career in obcurity if you don't get your shit together".

Anyway.....is it one year or two years left on Osi's contract? Does anyone know for sure?

Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, and Osi would be a sick "four aces" package.

Wow what a rotation...... now throw in Canty, Joseph and Austin at DT.!!!!!! I read that joseph lost a lot of fat but is around the same weight by adding muscle......per ohm tweet. Also JPP said last year he felt like he was slow.....

Reports are saying that the Giants are shopping Osi, but won't settle for anything less than a first round pick. I could live with that.....hopefully a last (or near last) place team.

The line wouldn't be as good without him, but it would cut free more cap space to sign our regulars and next year we'd have 2 first rounders.

Reports are saying that the Giants are shopping Osi, but won't settle for anything less than a first round pick. I could live with that.....hopefully a last (or near last) place team.

The line wouldn't be as good without him, but it would cut free more cap space to sign our regulars and next year we'd have 2 first rounders.

Really? I think the line would be BETTER without him. Osi is a good situational pass rusher but he's not a good every down player. Kiwanuka is a far better starting defensive end.

Not necessarily true. What was reported that I saw (I believe this was a Ralph V tweet), that the Giants told Osi that IF they were going to shop him in a trade that they would ask for a first round pick. I don't think the Giants could get that but it's possible.

Per your earlier question, Osi is signed through the 2012 season per Rotoworld. I definitely think Osi is worth keeping around, and that we have a more dangerous defense with him.

Well, I just read on BBI that the Giants have given Osi's agent permission to seek a trade. Of course, this doesn't mean it will actually happen, Reese isn't going to just give him away. Supposedly interested teams include the Browns, Ravens, Patriots, and Seahawks.

Really? I think the line would be BETTER without him. Osi is a good situational pass rusher but he's not a good every down player. Kiwanuka is a far better starting defensive end.

Have to agree here. Football.. probably unlike most other sports is not a one man team.. Osi.. for all he brings to the table has become more of a distraction.. he's good.. which is why we ought to get something in return for him... he's not THAT good for the reasons you stated.. not an every down player.. and vanishes when needed most.

I completely disagree. Osi makes a ton of impact plays and played a lot better against the run last year than most have given him credit for. You can't replace 10 forced fumbles, it just won't happen. Not that he was going to repeat that this year, but just about every time he sacks the QB, the ball comes out. That is a game changer each time it happens. Players like Osi are the reason why we won 10 games last year despite having one of the most turnover-prone offenses in NFL history. Osi deserves a lot of credit. I don't think he has handled his contract situation in the most professional way, in fact I think he has been flat out wrong with some of the stunts he pulled. But the on-field performance should not be questioned. Besides, it's not a distraction yet, they are barely practicing. I think the best case scenario for the Giants is for Reese and Osi to work out their differences and keep him a Giant for another season. He is a free agent after the 2012 season, so there will still be an opportunity to trade him after this year.

However, if we received a 1st round pick from a team like the Browns or Seahawks, I wouldn't turn it down. I actually think it's possible that we do get a first rounder for him, simply because Osi is an elite pass rusher. The Eagles got a Pro Bowl caliber CB AND a 2nd round pick for a QB that has only a few starts in his career. A guy like Osi, Reese has every right to ask for a first rounder and I wouldn't budge off of that. Maybe the Seahawks will give us Mike Williams and a 2nd rounder (they just signed Sidney Rice). Who knows, but I would love for Osi to stay.

Part of me thinks that there is less and less of a chance for that to happen, though.

I agree that we would be better with him. How could we not? Regardless of what type of DE you think he is, (dissapers towards the end of game, only has 1 move, etc) we obviously would be better with an influx of good/great DE's. The question is, would we be bad w/o him? And I say no, we wouldnt. And if we were to get a 1st rd pick, esp from either the Browns or Seattle, that would be good. And as someone stated, A trade to SEA for TE Carlson wouldnt be bad either, since theres a chance we dont resign Boss.

I agree that we would be better with him. How could we not? Regardless of what type of DE you think he is, (dissapers towards the end of game, only has 1 move, etc) we obviously would be better with an influx of good/great DE's. The question is, would we be bad w/o him? And I say no, we wouldnt. And if we were to get a 1st rd pick, esp from either the Browns or Seattle, that would be good. And as someone stated, A trade to SEA for TE Carlson wouldnt be bad either, since theres a chance we dont resign Boss.

As long as everyone stays healthy. Both Kiwi and Tuck have gotten nicked up or worse in the past. You can never have too many pass rushers, right? It would be nice to have that rotation stay in tact, and that 4 aces package, too.

That would be interesting. Some sources are saying that Boss is being courted by Oakland now that they lost out on Zach Miller....which if nothing else, is going to drive up the cost of keeping Boss.

I like Boss a lot, but I think Carlson would actually be an upgrade. Seattle will probably be willing to deal him simply because they don't need two starting TE's.

I'd take Carlson and a 2nd in a heartbeat for Osi. It would free up a lot of cash. Then sign a vet DE just for insurance in case one of starters goes down.

That would be interesting. Some sources are saying that Boss is being courted by Oakland now that they lost out on Zach Miller....which if nothing else, is going to drive up the cost of keeping Boss.

I like Boss a lot, but I think Carlson would actually be an upgrade. Seattle will probably be willing to deal him simply because they don't need two starting TE's.

I'd take Carlson and a 2nd in a heartbeat for Osi. It would free up a lot of cash. Then sign a vet DE just for insurance in case one of starters goes down.

The way Gilly uses the TEs honestly we could have Shannon Sharpe in his prime and he would still only catch two passes a game.

The TEs in Gillys system dont catch passes, they are there to be an extra blocker or an relief outlet for Eli.

I think Boss is a good TE for the Giants simply because he is a good blocker who can catch the additional pass, plus he comes cheap.

Just talking about it on ESPN might help to force the Issue with Boss. It would be nice to get this Osi nonsense resolved as well. Boss' contract uncertainty is probably holding up other things and Carlson would be a decent replacement.

Boss ( 4 seasons ) 119 catches for 1600 yds. 18 TDs

Carlson ( 3 seasons ) 137 catches for 1519 yds. 13 TDs

We already got much better at the #2 TE spot with addition of Patrick.

Travis I'm really going to miss your lame ass blocking and lethargic ST play. See ya.

The way Gilly uses the TEs honestly we could have Shannon Sharpe in his prime and he would still only catch two passes a game.

The TEs in Gillys system dont catch passes, they are there to be an extra blocker or an relief outlet for Eli.

I think Boss is a good TE for the Giants simply because he is a good blocker who can catch the additional pass, plus he comes cheap.

According to various sites, Oakland is serious on taking a look at Boss and Boss said on Sirius today, that he'd love to join the Raiders because its a lot closer to home (he's from Oregon).