SportsWrath

Giants to Hire new Special teams assistant to help Quinn

Lughead

Izzo, will hold guys accountable, actually get in their face if something goes wrong. We all know how wrong things have gone on ST recently

That's a hell of a job description lol

I really don't think Quinn was the problem last year. We have had plenty of decent ST units under this guy. Rather I felt the problem lay with many of the players who just didn't seem to want to give the effort, especially on coverage teams.

Guys like Sintim, Beckam and Wilkerson really let us down.

I really don't think Quinn was the problem last year. We have had plenty of decent ST units under this guy. Rather I felt the problem lay with many of the players who just didn't seem to want to give the effort, especially on coverage teams.

That's ultimately the coaches responsibility though, right?

They lack the fire....that's why they aren't starting, and suck at ST.

I'd much rather have someone who doesn't have a ton of talent, but makes up for it with hustle.....like how Izzo played.

That's ultimately the coaches responsibility though, right?

yes and no.

as Dallas Green so famously said of the Yankees chances when he took over in '89, "I can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit"

I think some of the blame goes to the GM, who selected and signed these guys and some of the blame goes to the players themselves. We are talking about 2nd and 3rd round draft picks. They should be able to run down the field under control and hit someone.

yes and no.

as Dallas Green so famously said of the Yankees chances when he took over in '89, "I can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit"

I think some of the blame goes to the GM, who selected and signed these guys and some of the blame goes to the players themselves. We are talking about 2nd and 3rd round draft picks. They should be able to run down the field under control and hit someone.

that what's I mean about accountability, among the coach and the players themselves. You need to go see that little bastard that wears #10, you better fucking hit him and hit him hard. Instead it's lets just shrug our shoulders,throw up our arms and make half ass tackles, while Jackson leads them, like he is a director of a marching band.

yes and no.

As far as special teams are concerned, I'd happily trade some athletic ability for some courage and smarts.

But as we both know, special teams is an old, sad song. We were spoiled with Feagles....now we've got a complete fucking head case for a punter, backed up by guys who think they should be somewhere else on the team.

really? was matt playing defense when you were up 31-10 with 8 minutes left?

Very true. And Coughlin kind of threw Dodge under the bus for that one, with his, "Durr, I told him not to kick it to dat dere Jackson fella!!!!"

But as far as the field position game went throughout the year, Dodge and the special teams as a unit definitely did drop the ball in several games. It's hard to say how many games could have been won with better special teams, but it is safe to say they didn't help WIN any games, lol.

Very true. And Coughlin kind of threw Dodge under the bus for that one, with his, "Durr, I told him not to kick it to dat dere Jackson fella!!!!"

But as far as the field position game went throughout the year, Dodge and the special teams as a unit definitely did drop the ball in several games. It's hard to say how many games could have been won with better special teams, but it is safe to say they didn't help WIN any games, lol.

lol can't argue with that

Although the D did the major damage, or was it Gilbride, but Dodge put the cherry on top of the shit sandwich. To be honest I am shocked...shocked he wasn't fired on the field. Slicing it out of bounds would have been a better play. Anything would have been a better play.

I'm sure Quinn had a big say in whether Matt Dodge was punting for us last year or not, and the insistance in keeping the kid in there when he was clearly struggling, has everything to do with Quinn. And for that alone he should be fired, not to mention how poorly prepared they were for the return on that punt.

I'm sure Quinn had a big say in whether Matt Dodge was punting for us last year or not, and the insistance in keeping the kid in there when he was clearly struggling, has everything to do with Quinn. And for that alone he should be fired, not to mention how poorly prepared they were for the return on that punt.

I agree....an 8 yard kick out of bounds would have been better than that kick....the guy has no game sense at all. Choking is not even the word for it. How about spastic freeze up.

No, he kicked a line drive punt to the league's best returner with 8 seconds left. Weren't you watching the game?

sure, i watched your defense fold. 11 guys. and your offense shut down like closin time. 11 guys.

then i saw 11 guys fail to tackle jackson.

but hey, dodge is an easy target. he only has one job.

nevermind it took collossal failure from the rest of the team to set him up for collossal failure.

but the good news. no changes. coughlin is still captain of the leaky ship.