JackStroud

I've got it this way:

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Ben Rothlisberger

Eli Manning

I hate to say it, but Peyton and Brady are tied, I was skeptical about Brady early in the year but he is just phenomenal. Brees I think is cooling off a bit but still deserves to mentioned in the big 3. Rodgers looks to be heading in that discussion as well.

I think the only QB better than Aaron Rodgers right now is Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers is head and shoulders above Eli. Eli is a cerebral QB with little to no athleticism. Aaron Rodgers is also a cerebral QB, with lots of athleticism....capable of making plays completely on his own.

And Mendenhall is a better running back. He fumbles A LOT less, despite yesterday.

You know me, I live life with Blue colored glasses on.......and I say Rodgers and Mendenhall are better.

But I dont think the gap between Mendenhall and Bradshaw is that far apart. And Eli is a different type of QB, one that only the fan base can truly love. If youre not a Giant fan,. you dont understand what makes Eli special.

I don't think Mendenhall is as explosive or can change direction like Bradshaw......both are good. Bradshaw has to learn when to lay down after a good gain, but thats his value add, he does break tackles.......both of them do.

Eli if given protection can put up the same numbers as Arron Rogers.......I think the receivers are about equal but ours are younger and will get better.....if Plaxico comes back, and the the others are 100% the scale tips towards the Giants passing game for sure. Much more explosive.

I'd have to say Green Bay has the edge at Defensive tackle, LBer......the Giants at DE and DBs. The Packers O-line is better than ours at this point......we really need to start rotating some of the younger guys into the O-line running game.

You know me, I live life with Blue colored glasses on.......and I say Rodgers and Mendenhall are better.

But I dont think the gap between Mendenhall and Bradshaw is that far apart. And Eli is a different type of QB, one that only the fan base can truly love. If youre not a Giant fan,. you dont understand what makes Eli special.

just out of curiosity, the dog was wondering from a giant's fan perspective, what does make eli "special"? no hidden agenda, just a non-giants fan looking to gain a better understanding, as obviously everyone here knows where the dog's opinion lies with him...

and joe, stop typing now...this will not digress into an eli is/is not elite debate...

to answer the question from jack, rodgers is better. and while the dog would take roethlisberger over him strictly for his QB ability, the dog is not so sure that would be a smart trade in the long run from the character stand point...

Right now Rodgers is hot.....he did not look so hot when he got his concussion

If we can get to him, rattle him, we can beat him....Pittsburg was not hitting him enough

The one thing Eli has over Rodgers is durability......Eli is a very big guy, something often overlooked

and joe, stop typing now...this will not digress into an eli is/is not elite debate...

No problem Dog.

The Joe Joe Dancer has wasted too many keystrokes in a vain attempt to educate you on the finer points of the quarterback position.

But if you wish to leave your allegorical cave, just let me know. My charity knows no limits.

just out of curiosity, the dog was wondering from a giant's fan perspective, what does make eli "special"? no hidden agenda, just a non-giants fan looking to gain a better understanding, as obviously everyone here knows where the dog's opinion lies with him...

to answer the question from jack, rodgers is better. and while the dog would take roethlisberger over him strictly for his QB ability, the dog is not so sure that would be a smart trade in the long run from the character stand point...

I'm starting to think there's nothing really that special about Eli. He heaved up a prayer that David Tyree answered and the rest, as they say is history.

He's a pretty good QB who still makes rookie mistakes. Lacks the ability to make plays on his own. Still makes way too many ill advised throws.

He does normally manage the game well, doesn't fumble many snaps like some QBs do (Ben R with his new center), and there isn't another QB I'd rather have with 2 minutes left. But all things equal, Aaron Rodgers is approximately two times better than Eli Manning.

Right now Rodgers is hot.....he did not look so hot when he got his concussion

If we can get to him, rattle him, we can beat him....Pittsburg was not hitting him enough

The one thing Eli has over Rodgers is durability......Eli is a very big guy, something often overlooked

This isn't a durability question. Rodgers simply runs the ball instead of getting sacked or throwing up a pick. You can't fault the guy for taking hits because he runs all over the field. He led the Packers in rushing a couple games this season.

I'm starting to think there's nothing really that special about Eli. He heaved up a prayer that David Tyree answered and the rest, as they say is history.

He's a pretty good QB who still makes rookie mistakes. Lacks the ability to make plays on his own. Still makes way too many ill advised throws.

He does normally manage the game well, doesn't fumble many snaps like some QBs do (Ben R with his new center), and there isn't another QB I'd rather have with 2 minutes left. But all things equal, Aaron Rodgers is approximately two times better than Eli Manning.

Eli was the only QB that played better than Brady that year....I'll take that.

Rodgers would have looked even better if his receivers didn't drop so many passes. That Jones kid would give me a heart attack. He's the Tynes of Wide Receivers.

Reminiscent of Hakeem Nicks....except all of Nicks drops fly 8 feet into the air and fall into the other teams hands....

Or he'll be wide open on his own, 20 yards down field and drop a sure big gain.

Reminiscent of Hakeem Nicks....except all of Nicks drops fly 8 feet into the air and fall into the other teams hands....

Or he'll be wide open on his own, 20 yards down field and drop a sure big gain.

I'm pretty sure Jones dropped nearly as many in the play-offs as Nicks did all year. You're too harsh on him.

I'll take Eli over Ben any day.

absolutely but neither are in the top ten. Ben is average most of the game and Pittsburgh lives on grounding out the clock, keeping it close enough and then hitting the big play in the 4th quarter and Pittsburgh has had this uncanny ability to hit third and long all year. Eli I still love but he makes such horrible decisions with the ball and no amount of game tape will change that, he is a worker though and I think he bounces back especially if we can get Smith, Nicks and Manningham all healthy and we resign Smith. Rodgers was lights out though from the game he torched us all the way through the playoffs, he has improved dramatically since his first year post Favre.

absolutely but neither are in the top ten. Ben is average most of the game and Pittsburgh lives on grounding out the clock, keeping it close enough and then hitting the big play in the 4th quarter and Pittsburgh has had this uncanny ability to hit third and long all year. Eli I still love but he makes such horrible decisions with the ball and no amount of game tape will change that, he is a worker though and I think he bounces back especially if we can get Smith, Nicks and Manningham all healthy and we resign Smith. Rodgers was lights out though from the game he torched us all the way through the playoffs, he has improved dramatically since his first year post Favre.

Agreed.. but Eli is definitely in the top 10. I'd even put him in the top 5 but that's just me.

Brady threw 36 TDs with only 4 INTs; 9 TDs per INT. That's just crazy.

Cassel and Freeman kept it around 4 TDs per INT which is very good. 3 to 1 is the target.

Eli barely beat rookie Sam Bradford, which is shameful.

Player TD Int TD/INT

1 Tom Brady 36 4 9.00

2 Josh Freeman 25 6 4.17

2 Matt Cassel 27 7 3.86

4 Michael Vick 21 6 3.50

5 Ben Roethlisberger 17 5 3.40

6 Matt Ryan 28 9 3.11

6 Aaron Rodgers 28 11 2.55

8 Joe Flacco 25 10 2.50

9 Philip Rivers 30 13 2.31

10 Kyle Orton 20 9 2.22

10 Matt Schaub 24 12 2.00