SportsWrath

Who is better Rogers or Eli?

JackStroud

yes, he's a tad better.

anyone remember Tad's Steak House? I bet T does. For $1.99 you could get the grisliest, toughest piece of grade D beef and a baked potato.

:laugh:

Yes I do....one was on 34th Street and I believe the other was near or on 14th Street. Unfortunately for my entire digestive tract fiance number one and three (now ex-wife number one..lol) were big time fans. I bet there grease catcher must have been the size of an oil tanker judging by the low grade cuts of meat they had. :P

:laugh:

Yes I do....one was on 34th Street and I believe the other was near or on 14th Street. Unfortunately for my entire digestive tract fiance number one and three (now ex-wife number one..lol) were big time fans. I bet there grease catcher must have been the size of an oil tanker judging by the low grade cuts of meat they had. :P

Yeah they drew you in with the open fire and the smell. Then you'd chew and chew.

I love Eli, and believe it wasnt all luck in our SB.......but I agree with you Storm. Elis magic in our SB was perseverance, staying strong despite being faced with 2 min left and down 4 points. Yes a lil luck, but determination more than anything. But Aaron Rodgers was simply superb vs an awesome D.

Don't get me wrong, Eli gave one of the most magical, most clutch, most mistake free Super Bowl performances of all time. I just don't think he had the quality game that Rodgers had.

OK, maybe superb is stretching it a lil. But only his completion % was close. Rodgers performed better in every other category, including yds and TD's. But the biggest difference I noticed, which doesnt have a stat.....was his mind. He didnt look flustered one bit. Big Ben was gettin pummeled for a bit.

There was one play in particular, and I'm not going to remember who he threw it to (I think it was Nelson or maybe Brandon Jackson or Starks) but Rodgers was literally about to get sacked and managed to dump the ball out to the flat allowing his receiver to still pick up yardage after the catch. He has the ability to make plays with his athleticism that Eli Manning will never, ever have.

I dont know why this thread is even still going in all honesty.

Rodgers is a better overall QB then Eli, he has mobility, accuracy on the run, a really quick release and what I find most impressive does it all with a lack of a running game.

Eli is a good QB who can win games but Rodgers is a better QB then him.

Honestly what more needs to be said?

Oh-Im-sorry-I-thought-this-was-America.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Randy-Marsh-2

There was one play in particular, and I'm not going to remember who he threw it to (I think it was Nelson or maybe Brandon Jackson or Starks) but Rodgers was literally about to get sacked and managed to dump the ball out to the flat allowing his receiver to still pick up yardage after the catch. He has the ability to make plays with his athleticism that Eli Manning will never, ever have.

Someone's forgetting the first half of this play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSUJQmIeVBo

Don't get me wrong, Eli gave one of the most magical, most clutch, most mistake free Super Bowl performances of all time. I just don't think he had the quality game that Rodgers had.

Rodgers kind of sucked in the 2nd half.....but for the Mendenhall fumble the game would have gone solidly to the Steelers

All of Rodgers points came off turnovers, and the stupid FG try, he did not march the field once

I'd say Eli had the better Super Bowl

Rodgers kind of sucked in the 2nd half.....but for the Mendenhall fumble the game would have gone solidly to the Steelers

All of Rodgers points came off turnovers, and the stupid FG try, he did not march the field once

I'd say Eli had the better Super Bowl

jack, with all due respect, rodgers played as good a super bowl as a QB has played. again, 3 of the 6 drives that they didn't score on ended in blatant dropped passes of highly accurate throws, including two in the second half. yes, drops are a part of it, but to diminish rodgers efforts is inaccurate. again, he had no run game against a good defense and he produced at an extremely high level. the final drive for the "stupid" fg try was one that squarely was all him, and included a huge pass to a well covered jennings on a key third and long, and lasted 10 plays for 80 or so yards at a time when the steelers had the momentum. his numbers speak for themselves. manning's super bowl win was obviously amazing, but let's not forget he did adequately throughout that game, but was certainly not spectacular. the team had 10 total points for three plus quarters. he threw a key interception on an early drive in patriots territory, and he was fortunate that the patriots defenders missed two opportunities to convert interceptions on poorly thrown passes on the final drive. manning did what he had to in order to win, and pull off an amazing upset, but let's not blur this and put his performance ahead of rodgers.

receivers generally do not just drop balls

usually they are off target, screened by a defender, poorly timed, or the ball may just be thrown too hard in an effort to thread a needle

your completion record is what it is, your record is your record for a reason

he also was the recipient of some finger tip catches in that same game

What is there to argue both of them lost the Superbowl, Eli did it against the Pats, Rodgers against the Steelers.

Honestly if you want to say Eli is a better QB then Rodgers because he beat an at the time perfect team then you can say it all you want but it's not true. I'm pretty sure Eli had alittle bit of help from a defense that held the top scoring offense in the league to only 14 points.

Come on Joe even you cant be this childish to say Eli is better just because he beat the Pats, were not talking who beat who in the Superbowl were talking about who is the better QB. By your line of logic since Eli beat the "perfect Pats" then he is obviously a much better QB then guys like Joe Montana, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, ect.

Eli played good in the SB and brought his team back for the winning touchdown but still the point remains were talking about who is a better QB not who had the better performance....although Rodgers still beats Eli in that category.

Please find the quote where I said Eli was better. I'll be standing by.

Oh wait, here, let me help you....this is what I posted at the top of this thread:

I've got it this way:

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Ben Rothlisberger

Eli Manning

My point is that Eli belongs in the conversation with QB's such as Rodgers, Rothlisberger, Rivers, and Romo. I've said on multiple occasions that I felt Peyton and Brady where the tops in the NFL (future hall of famers). I felt Brees was #3, followed by the rest.

If people feel that beating the greatest team in NFL history is a small task, then yes, by all means, Rodgers is so far beyond Eli they might as well create a new league for Rodgers.

In fact, they should create a new sport simply to utilize Rodgers unthinkable talents.....maybe he should play for Planet Krypton.

Because, I remember EVERY expert saying the 2010 Steelers were the best team to ever take the field.

receivers generally do not just drop balls

usually they are off target, screened by a defender, poorly timed, or the ball may just be thrown too hard in an effort to thread a needle

your completion record is what it is, your record is your record for a reason

he also was the recipient of some finger tip catches in that same game

very true, jack. people tend to forget those errant passes that a receiver made a play on- or those prayers that are caught.

why is it so hard to concede that another QB might be better than eli? the dog doesn't get it. but what is really odd is to base that argument over who beat a better team in the super bowl. that is just beyond absurd. the dog could argue that rodgers was placed in a harder situation going into the super bowl than manning was in 2007...in the end, who cares. rodgers is a better QB in all facets of the game. does that matter? no, becuase he is better than a lot of NFL qbs. who cares if manning isn't better than rodgers (besides apparently you)? can they win with him, yes. so be it.

I'll just refer you up to my comments to BlueinCanada.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the topic of the post, which was started by someone else, is "Who is better, Eli or Rodgers?".

And, again, I provided my own ranking that gives you no reason to make the claims that you do.

I would humbly recommend that you carefully read my comments prior to jumping to wild conclusions.

And, as a side note......are you suggesting the the 2010 Steelers were a more formidable opponent than the 2007 Patriots?????

Considering the 2010 Patriots were a shadow of the 2007 team, and still managed to thoroughly kick the Steelers ass all over the field this season, as well as beating the 2010 Packers, you aren't going there, are you?

I'll just refer you up to my comments to Canada.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the topic of the post, which was started by someone else, is "Who is better, Eli or Rodgers?".

And, again, I providing my own ranking that gives you no reason to make the claims that you do.

I would humbly recommend that you carefully read my comments prior to jumping to wild conclusions.

And, as a side note......are you suggesting the the 2010 Steelers were a more formidable opponent than the 2007 Patriots?????

Considering the 2010 Patriots were a shadow of the 2007 team, and still managed to thoroughly kick the Steelers ass all over the field this season, as well as beating the 2010 Packers, you aren't going there, are you?

you are so desperate over a QB that could care less who you are. it is disturbingly funny to the dog. and your last paragraph here is juvenile, because as you would argue, the 2010 giants are a better team than the 2010 titans, and yet, somehow, the 2010 titans beat them by 19 points. the packers beat the giants 45-17...should the dog just jump to rodgers being superior and close this case? no, to do that would be ignorant. it is just as ignorant as the dog saying the 2007 giants would crush the 85 bears because the giants played a supposed better patriots team in 2007 than the bears did in 85. ridiculous. who cares who the packers had to play...it is three years later. things are different. teams are different. the dog could argue that this years packers team would have beaten that patriots team as well. who knows. who cares. you are still living off a game three years ago to defend your claims that manning is as good as rodgers now. come on joe, you are better than this. you typically make logical points, but sorry, everything else aside, your uncomfortable crush on eli manning is making you sound like you haven't a clue about football when the opposite is true.

BEST QB PERFORMANCES IN A SUPER BOWL

Eli Manning (XLII) | 19-34, 255 yds, 7.5 YPA, 2 TD, 1 INT, 87.3 passer rating

NEXT

eli-manning.xlii.jpg

BEST QB PERFORMANCES IN A SUPER BOWL

Eli Manning (XLII) | 19-34, 255 yds, 7.5 YPA, 2 TD, 1 INT, 87.3 passer rating

defense and clutch plays in big moments or against uncertain circumstances.<>Eli stands alone in football lore: he's the only QB in NFL history who's led a championship-winning TD drive in the final two minutes when anything less than a TD would have meant defeat. This singular accomplishment -- highlighted by a Houdini-like escape from the clutches of the Patriots pass rush -- earns him a spot. That he also reduced to rubble a seemingly indestructible 18-0 gridiron empire in the process of the 17-14 victory adds another layer of extraordinary to what was otherwise a very ordinary game.

NEXT

you are so desperate over a QB that could care less who you are. it is disturbingly funny to the dog. and your last paragraph here is juvenile, because as you would argue, the 2010 giants are a better team than the 2010 titans, and yet, somehow, the 2010 titans beat them by 19 points. the packers beat the giants 45-17...should the dog just jump to rodgers being superior and close this case? no, to do that would be ignorant. it is just as ignorant as the dog saying the 2007 giants would crush the 85 bears because the giants played a supposed better patriots team in 2007 than the bears did in 85. ridiculous. who cares who the packers had to play...it is three years later. things are different. teams are different. the dog could argue that this years packers team would have beaten that patriots team as well. who knows. who cares. you are still living off a game three years ago to defend your claims that manning is as good as rodgers now. come on joe, you are better than this. you typically make logical points, but sorry, everything else aside, your uncomfortable crush on eli manning is making you sound like you haven't a clue about football when the opposite is true.

Again...relating to this topic:

•  
  • The subject of the topic is: "Who is better, Rodgers or Eli?"
  • The topic was created by someone else.
  • I submitted my list, which, if you note, does not rank Eli above Rodgers.
  • I don't see myself as "desperate" for Eli....he's the QB of my favorite team.
  • I would imagine Eli Manning cares about this fans, since he seems like a decent guy who gets how lucky he is to be the QB of the NY Giants. He comes from a family that surely gets that.

Now, if you want to compare the 2007 Patriots to the 2010 Steelers....that's something for a different post. But anyone who makes an attempt to do so, based upon any objective evidence, would be forced to admit that there is simply no comparison.

I understand it must pain you, deeply (and, it seems, darkly) to accept the fact that a QB that you underrate so highly could defeat the most talented NFL Team of all time.

But, history says it did happen. Eli Manning did in fact defeat the Patriots to win a Super Bowl. In fact, he had to come from behind, twice, in the 4th quarter, to win. History tells us that the Patriots defense, under Bill Belichick, had an 80-2 record when protecting a lead in the 4th quarter.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/02/just_call_it_fourth_and_won/

Call them the anti-comeback kids. If the Patriots have the lead heading into the fourth quarter, it's almost a lock that the opponent is going to lose. Since 2001, the Patriots are an astonishing 80-2 in games in which they've led entering the final frame, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. That's a .976 winning percentage. The next-best record belongs to the Steelers, who are 65-5-1 (.915).

If New England has the lead tomorrow entering the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLII against the Giants and history follows suit, then history in the form of a 19-0 season is all but a certainty and the Lombardi Trophy will be paraded down Boylston Street for the fourth time in seven seasons.

Again, some - perhaps yourself - would be inclined to rank Bill Belichick among average defensive minds. And yes, maybe Rodgers has such ass-shaking talent that he might have been able to be among the 3 QBs that have beaten Belichick's 4th quarter defense, and not the 80 others that failed. We might never know.

But, to date, the record is clear. Eli Manning accomplished something that only 2 other QBs ever managed against Belichick's defense. So, based on the greatest upset in Super Bowl history, along with his statistics, victories, winning seasons, etc., I'm putting Eli in the same category as Rodgers. I think he has earned it.

I regret that this comparison stirs up so much passion in you. I suggest that a visit to a local petting zoo might help you deal with the anger that you project towards me....I'm here to help you, not hurt you.

Again...relating to this topic:

•  
  • The subject of the topic is: "Who is better, Rodgers or Eli?"
  • The topic was created by someone else.
  • I submitted my list, which, if you note, does not rank Eli above Rodgers.
  • I don't see myself as "desperate" for Eli....he's the QB of my favorite team.
  • I would imagine Eli Manning cares about this fans, since he seems like a decent guy who gets how lucky he is to be the QB of the NY Giants. He comes from a family that surely gets that.

Now, if you want to compare the 2007 Patriots to the 2010 Steelers....that's something for a different post. But anyone who makes an attempt to do so, based upon any objective evidence, would be forced to admit that there is simply no comparison.

I understand it must pain you, deeply (and, it seems, darkly) to accept the fact that a QB that you underrate so highly could defeat the most talented NFL Team of all time.

But, history says it did happen. Eli Manning did in fact defeat the Patriots to win a Super Bowl. In fact, he had to come from behind, twice, in the 4th quarter, to win. History tells us that the Patriots defense, under Bill Belichick, had an 80-2 record when protecting a lead in the 4th quarter.

Again, some - perhaps yourself - would be inclined to rank Bill Belichick among average defensive minds. And yes, maybe Rodgers has such ass-shaking talent that he might have been able to be among the 3 QBs that have beaten Belichick's 4th quarter defense, and not the 80 others that failed. We might never know.

But, to date, the record is clear. Eli Manning accomplished something that only 2 other QBs ever managed against Belichick's defense. So, based on the greatest upset in Super Bowl history, along with his statistics, victories, winning seasons, etc., I'm putting Eli in the same category as Rodgers. I think he has earned it.

I regret that this comparison stirs up so much passion in you. I suggest that a visit to a local petting zoo might help you deal with the anger that you project towards me....I'm here to help you, not hurt you.

when you start reaching and comparing which team was the better opponent in the super bowl in a three year time span in order to bolster your ever weakening argument that eli is better than rodgers now, you are desperate. you are the only one bringing up the 2007 super bowl in order to say that eli manning is better than rodgers in 2010. this debate doesn't stir up passion in the dog, ignorance and desperation sometimes does. you should change your name to joemorrisforprezeliformybed...

....your....argument that eli is better than rodgers

One final time....

I've got it this way:

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Ben Rothlisberger

Eli Manning

If you are going to attempt to advance your argument based upon a lie, then there is nothing further to discuss.

I'm sorry it has come to this...but your rhetoric has become Boltonesque.

michael-bolton-mullet.xlarge.jpg

One final time....

If you are going to attempt to advance your argument based upon a lie, then there is nothing further to discuss.

I'm sorry it has come to this...but your rhetoric has become Boltonesque.

michael-bolton-mullet.xlarge.jpg

You Bolton'd him.......my God man....I never thought you'd do it...the madness....the madness.

C. Wagon