SportsWrath

Current state of the NFC East

JMFP

#1: Giants: they have a passing game, a 1-2 punch at running back, (OFFENSE NFL #5) an effective 4 man pass rush (DEFENSE NFL #1), and a secondary that I'm not worried about. Special teams suck ass, and sometimes they leave their brains in the locker room, but on paper, and on the field recently, they look to be the best team of the bunch.

#2: Philly. Tremendous receivers. (OFFENSE NFL #8) Not sure about the defense (DEFENSE NFL #15) that almost folds in the face of Alex Smith and the 49ers. Bradley is not a dominant LB. Brewing QB controversy with Kolb winning now. The Fat Man can still coach, though.

#3 Washington: Could flip with Philly for #2....very close. Great coach, but shoddy (DEFENSE NFL #32) defense.....other than McNabb, nothing too dangerous on offense (OFFENSE NFL #15) They have a sluggers chance to win the division, but going farther assumes McNabb is capable of doing something in the postseason, and his track record is mixed, at best. Shanahan needs one more year and another draft class before they are truly dangerous.

#4 Dallas: Best team in the division if you don't count winning and losing. Their coach is a goofball, and their offensive line has serious issues. Offense is productive (OFFENSE NFL#2) Strong defense (DEFENSE NFL #8). QB has great stat lines but no accomplishments.

#1: Giants: they have a passing game, a 1-2 punch at running back, (OFFENSE NFL #5) an effective 4 man pass rush (DEFENSE NFL #1), and a secondary that I'm not worried about. Special teams suck ass, and sometimes they leave their brains in the locker room, but on paper, and on the field recently, they look to be the best team of the bunch.

#2: Philly. Tremendous receivers. (OFFENSE NFL #8) Not sure about the defense (DEFENSE NFL #15) that almost folds in the face of Alex Smith and the 49ers. Bradley is not a dominant LB. Brewing QB controversy with Kolb winning now. The Fat Man can still coach, though.

#3 Washington: Could flip with Philly for #2....very close. Great coach, but shoddy (DEFENSE NFL #32) defense.....other than McNabb, nothing too dangerous on offense (OFFENSE NFL #15) They have a sluggers chance to win the division, but going farther assumes McNabb is capable of doing something in the postseason, and his track record is mixed, at best. Shanahan needs one more year and another draft class before they are truly dangerous.

#4 Dallas: Best team in the division if you don't count winning and losing. Their coach is a goofball, and their offensive line has serious issues. Offense is productive (OFFENSE NFL#2) Strong defense (DEFENSE NFL #8). QB has great stat lines but no accomplishments.

:LMAO:

its true they look very very good in those uniforms......they line up crisper than any other team

nice stadium, nice women with pom poms

goofball for a HC

reckless QB

every year every talking head loves their chances......N/ESPN has a permanent hard on for them

8-8 if they are lucky :smartass:

At this point I would have to disagree.

Right now the Redskins have to be viewed as the top team in the division. 2 of their 3 wins are in the division ( home: dallas road: philly ). If they split the balance of their NFC East games they will most likely be in the drivers seat come playoff time.

On the flip side, I would put the Gints at #2 because they haven't played anyone in the division yet. If we can stay focussed on Detroit this week and get to 4-2 we will be set up pretty well too. Same deal. 4-2 in our division + detroit this week will probably get us to the playoffs

Dallas and Philly? Both have problems on the Offensive line but at the end of the day I will give the nod to Philly because they have the better coach.

There I said it. Now please commence to telling me what an asshole / dirt bag / moron / Benedict Arnold I am.

Right now the Redskins have to be viewed as the top team in the division. 2 of their 3 wins are in the division ( home: dallas road: philly ). If they split the balance of their NFC East games they will most likely be in the drivers seat come playoff time.

On the flip side, I would put the Gints at #2 because they haven't played anyone in the division yet. If we can stay focussed on Detroit this week and get to 4-2 we will be set up pretty well too. Same deal. 4-2 in our division + detroit this week will probably get us to the playoffs

Dallas and Philly? Both have problems on the Offensive line but at the end of the day I will give the nod to Philly because they have the better coach.

There I said it. Now please commence to telling me what an asshole / dirt bag / moron / Benedict Arnold I am.

Get him!! Pelt him with stones!!! lol

I actually agree with you. i believe we are better overall than the skins, but you're assessment thus far is pretty accurate.

That's a fair assessment. But I doubt the Redskins will finish over the Giants when all is said and done. They don't have the talent of any of the other three teams in the division.

I am not being biased here at all, at least not trying too. In my opinion, the Giants are the most complete team in the division. The Giants team has their faults, but not one team is 100% perfect. Look at the Skins, they have a really good defense but their offense is pretty average. If they didn't have McNabb, they wouldn't be scoring at all, just like previous years. The Eagles, have a really good offense but their offensive line is pretty depleted. Plus their defense has some injuries, still a top 2 team in the division. Then you have the Cowboys. They have one of the best offense in the league like the Eagles but their defense just sucks. They let up too many points. Romo has made a lot of mental errors so far this year. The NFC East is still the best division in football and all teams are capable of making the playoffs.

Right now the Redskins have to be viewed as the top team in the division. 2 of their 3 wins are in the division ( home: dallas road: philly ).

That's a valid argument. But without the benefit of NFC East games, I'm basing my opinion on the league stats (#1 Defense, #5 Offense), W-L record, and strength of competition.

The Giants have beaten a crappy Panthers team, but have beaten the Bears and Texans, who both have solid records. Their 2 losses are likewise against solid teams.

All conjecture at this point, but I see how you are coming to your conclusion.

What the Redskins have going for them is McNabb, as much as I do not like him he wins games... in the regular season at least. Any close game in Washington he gives them an edge.

The biggest weakness of the Gmen is special teams. That is the weakness that hurts you the most in close games. Fucks up field position and leaves points on the field. It is a major flaw, and more likely then not will be the downfall of this team. It lost us the Tennessee game, and will end up costing the gmen again this year.

The Eagles are going to be tough if Vick is running the show, he adds an element to the game with his running ability and experience. If Kolb is running the team it will lead to question marks as to how they will hold up against top defenses and in pressure situations. Plus a QB controversy in Philly will not help them at all.

The Cowboys have the worst QB to have behind a poor offensive line. Romo is a duck and chucker like Brett Favre.. especially the longer the game goes without them scoring he will force balls into double coverage and throw INTs.

What the Redskins have going for them is McNabb, as much as I do not like him he wins games... in the regular season at least. Any close game in Washington he gives them an edge.

The biggest weakness of the Gmen is special teams. That is the weakness that hurts you the most in close games. Fucks up field position and leaves points on the field. It is a major flaw, and more likely then not will be the downfall of this team. It lost us the Tennessee game, and will end up costing the gmen again this year.

The Eagles are going to be tough if Vick is running the show, he adds an element to the game with his running ability and experience. If Kolb is running the team it will lead to question marks as to how they will hold up against top defenses and in pressure situations. Plus a QB controversy in Philly will not help them at all.

The Cowboys have the worst QB to have behind a poor offensive line. Romo is a duck and chucker like Brett Favre.. especially the longer the game goes without them scoring he will force balls into double coverage and throw INTs.

That goes doubly for Vick. Good defenses & pressure situations = Vick kryptonite.

That's a valid argument. But without the benefit of NFC East games, I'm basing my opinion on the league stats (#1 Defense, #5 Offense), W-L record, and strength of competition.

The Giants have beaten a crappy Panthers team, but have beaten the Bears and Texans, who both have solid records. Their 2 losses are likewise against solid teams.

All conjecture at this point, but I see how you are coming to your conclusion.

you have to be kidding me

we would beat the skins by 20 points........nice little team, on the rise finally, but with a long long long way to go to compete with the Giants.

Its the Giants and the 3 little mice in the NFC East

you have to be kidding me

we would beat the skins by 20 points........nice little team, on the rise finally, but with a long long long way to go to compete with the Giants.

Its the Giants and the 3 little mice in the NFC East

I picked the Giants as currently #1 in the NFC East.

No change from the prior week.

Don't get me wrong Shanahan has worked miracles in DC and I never doubted he would.....the guy is the poster boy for intense and competent

The Eagles are the Eagles....they will always give us fits and it will always be a tong war

the difference now is we hold the edge on D by a wide margin, and we can match their receivers tit for tat

we hold the RB advantage too.....I'll give special teams to the Eagles

Dallas is dangerous on O and can blow you out for that reason, but nine times out of ten we would beat them as things stand. Reason- you cannot run on the Giants anymore.....your forced to be one dimensional and in that senario Romo eventually starts to try to force the passes and he will be sacked, stripped, and picked off

Giants and Philly are 1-2, the order flips depending on your bias, injuries, and whatnot.

Cowboys are still number 3. Redskins are 4th.

Though, the Redskins may very well prove they've moved ahead of the Cowboys, but they haven't yet in my opinion.

Monday's game is huge. If we beat the Cowboys in Dallas, it gives us a great starting point to our division, it will put Dallas at 1-5 thereby all but eliminating them from the playoffs after just 6 games. However, if Dallas wins, it will give them the type of win that COULD turn their season around.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Giants CAN sweep the division, but the realist in me sees us splitting with Philly and either Washington or Dallas. We'll end up 4-2 in the division. Added to our current 4-2, that puts us at 8-4, well on the way to the playoffs.

Giants and Philly are 1-2, the order flips depending on your bias, injuries, and whatnot.

injuries, indeed:

Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News predicts that DeSean Jackson will miss multiple games with a severe concussion.

We already know Jackson won't play in Week 7 at Tennessee, but Domowitch believes he could be out "a lot longer than the Week 9 game against Indianapolis." Though the Eagles' bye is between the two games, it apparently may not be enough to get Jackson back on the field. Keep in mind that this is speculation -- not a report -- but the source is a respected, longtime Eagles beat writer. Jackson owners should prepare for multiple missed games.

Maclin continued to play well after Jackson's injury...but I agree, it will be easier for defenses to single Avant and keep a safety over top of Maclin. Even if the Eagles go 3-wide with a TE, RB, or 3rd WR - they're all coverable by zone underneath or singled up.

Would be interesting to see Vick AND Kolb in a split backfield...just to see what it'd look like.

Maclin continued to play well after Jackson's injury...but I agree, it will be easier for defenses to single Avant and keep a safety over top of Maclin. Even if the Eagles go 3-wide with a TE, RB, or 3rd WR - they're all coverable by zone underneath or singled up.

Would be interesting to see Vick AND Kolb in a split backfield...just to see what it'd look like.

That's a DL's wet dream. "Who's blocking, bitches?!"