SportsWrath

Jets or Giants- who is better?

JackStroud

The Jets got a good defense but they need their offense to step up, if Sanchez takes a step in the right direction I can see them in contention for another AFC championship game.

The Giants are almost on the opposite foot their offense isnt the problem but their defense is. It all comes down to if Fewell can turn the D around and get them playing at some what of a respectable level of play. If that does happen then I can see the Giants making the playoffs and hopefully having a deep run, however if the D continues to let other teams throw up 25+ points a game we will be looking at a long season with maybe six wins at most.

Edit: Guess I forgot to add who I think is better, obviously my Giants pride is saying that we are however I think the Jets are in a better situation then us relying only on their play of their QB while we have to rest our season on all 11 men on D and the guy leading them in Fewell.

The Jets. Rex Ryan is the new queen of NY. They have so many other teams' castoffs, I shudder to think just how absolutely awesome they will be..................shudder. Did I mention Rex Ryan? And we have Couglin? Pshaw..........who needs a superbowl winning coach? Jets are better.

I've got the Jets at 8-8 this year

Giants 10-6

the jets have a better defense and better coaching. if sanchez matures as expected, and the run game stays as solid as it was, then you have to say the jets are a better team as of right now...however, the dog wouldn't be surprised if they slump a tad this year before rebounding again in the future, as seems to happen with young teams like this, so it is possible that despite being the better team, the giants may still finish with a better record this year...

the jets have a better defense and better coaching. if sanchez matures as expected, and the run game stays as solid as it was, then you have to say the jets are a better team as of right now...however, the dog wouldn't be surprised if they slump a tad this year before rebounding again in the future, as seems to happen with young teams like this, so it is possible that despite being the better team, the giants may still finish with a better record this year...

Those are two big Ifs: they lost Jones and Faneca; and there's no guarantee Sanchez improves drastically. Let's face it: he cost his team a few games last year.

Coaching? Let's count Ryan's Lombardi trophies. Done. Zero. No body of work to speak of as a head coach except for last year, and there's an excellent chance that his mouth gets tired real fast among the team. I'm not saying that's a certainty, but it could happen.

They are a good team. But one bad season out of three doesn't mean the Giants are has-beens, either.

i think rex ryan is an exciting young coach with tremendous potential and a great coaching lineage. His defense is way more disruptive than any other team right now. We may be seeing the next Bill Parcells emerging.

i think rex ryan is an exciting young coach with tremendous potential and a great coaching lineage. His defense is way more disruptive than any other team right now. We may be seeing the next Bill Parcells emerging.

That's also a possibility, although his BS sounds more like his dad than anything else. I'm just pointing out that it's a bit premature to include "coaching" as an advantage for the Jets.

Those are two big Ifs: they lost Jones and Faneca; and there's no guarantee Sanchez improves drastically. Let's face it: he cost his team a few games last year.

Coaching? Let's count Ryan's Lombardi trophies. Done. Zero. No body of work to speak of as a head coach except for last year, and there's an excellent chance that his mouth gets tired real fast among the team. I'm not saying that's a certainty, but it could happen.

They are a good team. But one bad season out of three doesn't mean the Giants are has-beens, either.

the dog sees your point with regards to Ryan (and quite frankly finds him irritating to listen to), but he is a tremendous game planner with an excellent feel for the moment and ability to adjust on the fly. he motivates well and the players love him. coughlin is solid, but has had issues with player relations, and in the dog's opinion is inconsistent in his ability to adjust and to reach his players...so the edge in the dog's opinion goes to ryan.

sanchez doesn't have to improve drastically, he just needs to take the next small step. he cost them games as every rookie does, but he evolved tremendously through the post season. if that defense is as consistent as it was a year ago, then they can be a playoff contender even if he doesn't take the next step, b/c despite losing jones and faneca (the bigger loss of the two), that run game will be solid. the dog isn't sold on the jets, as they could have a down season as the dog said, but looking at both teams right now where they stand, the edge goes to the jets...but it is July and a lot can change.

the thing is they are not exactly a young team, besides Sanchez,Greene,Ferguson and Revis, in fact I think they would be better if they stayed with their young nucleus, instead of bringing in washed up guys like Taylor and Tomlinson, also added headcases like Cromartie and Holmes I think they are gonna dissapoint but with that said, we are even neither team is better I have them both at 8-8

I'm in total agreement here. Rex's attitude is tremendous... his confidence rubs off on his players.. and he's pretty relaxed out there.. Coughlin is polar opposite.

Sanchez appeared to me to be innacurate, happy feet, and not much arm strength...hes no Joe Namath or even Eli Manning

The Jets rode their D last year.....the league has had a lot of time to prepare for all the 9 men in the box stuff

They will likely be diminished on D this year

If I were playing the Jets I would max protect and test their DBs. with long passes...as well as run up the gut

With all those guys in the box if you break through its a long gain.....draw plays should destroy them

Having said all that I'd take Ryan over Coughlin in a NY second

It's actually Nice to see Members of Sportswrath conversing with a "troll" (No offense Dog) in a civil manner and to see points given and taken on both sides of the age old Giants/Jets Argument . SO far I don't have to DELETE this thread to keep my job ..................

UT OH have we grown up ?

Jets are better....now.

Depending on Revis' holdout/status for regular season and depending on Sanchez' play - things could change drastically.

Until the Giants LB and S positions are solidified, I have no confidence that we'll give up any less than 25 a game, regardless of Fewell's scheme. At the end of the day, the players have to play. I love the Rolle signing, but I fear it may not be enough.