SportsWrath

Kenny Philips

Lughead

• There is now serious concern that Giants FS Kenny Phillips will not be ready for the start of the regular season. Although his post-microfracture rehab is reportedly going well, Phillips has not yet been cleared to run even. When asked if Phillips might be ready for the start of training camp, head coach Tom Coughlin didn't sound like it was a reasonable possibility. The likely route is to place Phillips on the PUP list.

Phillips

Other players have had it, wouldn't be surprised if players currently playing now have it.

Lets not shove his career into the grave just yet.

Degenerative Arthritis isn't the kind of injury that people come back from.

His career is effectively over.

I recall the guys on NFL Total Access saying this when we picked up Rolle that alot of people inside the organization dont even know if he will be able to play this year or even be able to step back field.

Wonder if we could trade up to get that Eric Berry kid.

Honestly, I also agree that Kenny Phillips most likely won't see another game as a Giant...you don't come back from something that will constantly cause you pain and not ever heal....that, and the Giants most likely won't want a player who can never play healthy....

It's March. Maybe if this were August I'd begin to be pessimistic about K.P. But it's MARCH.

exactly- and if you read the quote the "reporter" is basing it all on a facial expression by Coughlin. coulda been gas.