SportsWrath

Rumor: NY Giants ready to spend for Peppers

Mr. P

According to Boomer & Carton of 66AM WFAN, the New York Giants will be offering free agent defensive end Julius Peppers an Albert Haynesworth-like $100 million deal at midnight on Thursday night…the very moment free agency begins.

Whether or not this turns out to be true remains to be seen; after all, it could simply be Boomer & Carton blowing smoke. However, there have been various rumors circulating about Peppers and the Giants since the offseason began, and if history has taught us anything, it’s that Big Blue loves top-notch pass rushers

http://www.giants101.com/

i initially didnt want to post this since i think its bullshit, but it might get some good conversation so here it is.

i nearly posted the very same link yesterday .......but i actually think it is utter bullshit .........i cant see Reese coming up with this sort of cash

last year in FA was a mess ...and out of character for the G men .......and the season was awful, partly as a result .......i cant see a repeat mistake

I heard on ESPNs 1st take, that we will most likely be getting Dansby. Anyone else hear that?

I heard otherwise on Sportscenter, they say that the Redskins are going to be throwing him an Haynesworth type contract. I wouldnt be surprised if the Skins signed both Peppers and Dansby to 100 million dollar contracts this year.

I heard otherwise on Sportscenter, they say that the Redskins are going to be throwing him an Haynesworth type contract. I wouldnt be surprised if the Skins signed both Peppers and Dansby to 100 million dollar contracts this year.

Is 2010 officially an uncapped year?

And what ive heard a majority of the time is Dansby goin to Miami. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hope the Redskins dont get him, or any other NFC East team for that matter.

In this uncapped year, don't expect a wild spending spree by owners, and also don't expect big signing bonuses to be awarded after the first handful of players are signed.

So, basically, Daniel Snyder will do the complete opposite of what he normally does. :smartass:

I heard on ESPNs 1st take, that we will most likely be getting Dansby. Anyone else hear that?

I heard on the radio that the Giants will not pursue him. Thought it was odd for the Giants to announce that... I wasn't kindda half payin attention till I heard "The NY Giants" somewhere..

I heard on the radio that the Giants will not pursue him. Thought it was odd for the Giants to announce that... I wasn't kindda half payin attention till I heard "The NY Giants" somewhere..

So, basically, you're as reliable a source as, say, a Twitter account.

Yeah, heard that shortly after I posted this. <_<

LOL, I do the same thing. My ears pop up whenever I hear "New York" or Giants". :laugh:

i nearly posted the very same link yesterday .......but i actually think it is utter bullshit .........i cant see Reese coming up with this sort of cash

last year in FA was a mess ...and out of character for the G men .......and the season was awful, partly as a result .......i cant see a repeat mistake

I agree and as much as I like Peppers, he seems to be at his prime if not past it... I'm for FA whose best days are still ahead of them.

The Eagles are interested too... :rolleyes:

Let them get their next "Freak"...Peppers isn't really needed here unless we are going to jettison Osi.

I think we'll go pass rush DE first day of the draft at some point...we're much better at scouting pass rush talent than bringing in pass rush talent through FA...excepting Cedric Jones...

Let them get their next "Freak"...Peppers isn't really needed here unless we are going to jettison Osi.

I think we'll go pass rush DE first day of the draft at some point...we're much better at scouting pass rush talent than bringing in pass rush talent through FA...excepting Cedric Jones...

How could you forget the great Frank Ferrara? Or the unstoppable Lance LeGree??