SportsWrath

Sheridan Say's

Lughead

LMAO, not with everyone in NY complaining about what he did to what was once a pretty stellar defense. He undid several years of building on that side of the ball. It would be interesting to see what he could do with Phillips and Ross back to health (IF Phillips is back), a better MLB, and another OLB of Boley's caliber.

I hate to say it...But I really can't put everything on him this year.

it doesn't have to be everything... he's not fit for the job. Nothing against his person... but as a DC, he's not fit for the job.... that's like askin Jakk to be the voice of reason on here... not happenin'

If Sheridan stays at DC, I will be :furious: for a very long time and will avoid watchin the Giants to preserve my health.

HAHAHA, I like this guy's comment:

"competent? talk about damning yourself with faint praise. never mind the obvious fact that hes isn't, guys and gals, tell me this; at work your boss calls you into his office and says "we're thinking about letting you go. give me a reason or 2 why we should keep you on". How many of you answer simply with "because i'm competent"? not one of you. you say things like "i know its been tough, but i believe that if given the opportunity, i can prove myself to be an invaluable asset to the team". competent is just liek saying "well, i'm mediocre. you could find someone much much better, but i'll do, i suppose".

HAHAHA, I like this guy's comment:

"competent? talk about damning yourself with faint praise. never mind the obvious fact that hes isn't, guys and gals, tell me this; at work your boss calls you into his office and says "we're thinking about letting you go. give me a reason or 2 why we should keep you on". How many of you answer simply with "because i'm competent"? not one of you. you say things like "i know its been tough, but i believe that if given the opportunity, i can prove myself to be an invaluable asset to the team". competent is just liek saying "well, i'm mediocre. you could find someone much much better, but i'll do, i suppose".

Like I said nothing against Bill but this is not a job where we have to wait for u to develop... you either got it.. or you don't.

whats he supposed to say "I am overmatched, I relied to heavily on matchups as opposed to our scheme and I tried to reinvent the wheel when I should have let the train just carry itself"?

Hes a goner. Here is what is weird, Spags wanted him as his DC in St Louis. Wonder if Spags would want him as anything but a position coach anymore?

Did you guys read his transcript?

Choice cut:

Q. When you look at defensive rankings you are the 10th-best defense in the league yardage-wise. How do you figure that with the amount of points you have given up. Where is the discrepancy?

A. Honestly, a stat like that with yardage I would give credit to our offense because we have a lot of time of possession. So we are not on the field and we do not have an opportunity to give the opposition. I don't want to downplay our doing that, that is honorable being tenth in the league in yardage but a lot of those kind of stats, just those bottom line gross number stats; yards passing, yards rushing, total, a lot of it has to do with how much you are playing and how much your offense is able to posses the ball and keep us off the field and really our offense does a good job of that. We run the ball historically and we possess the ball. Also you think you are playing defense from week to week. I know our special situation defense has not been good, red-zone, goal line and short yardage are three off the top of my head that we have not been good percentage wise. In the grand scheme of things, I know with a few exceptions in regards to some poor performances week in and week out, even with the injuries, I think we played honorable defense. It's never good enough.

Does this guy want to be fired? It's true [a-hem], but do you really want to downplay the only positive your defensive schemes have been able to muster the whole damn season?

Did you guys read his transcript?

Choice cut:

Does this guy want to be fired? It's true [a-hem], but do you really want to downplay the only positive your defensive schemes have been able to muster the whole damn season?

I have seen it before...like Nas says...he is probably a nice guy in real life and I bet you dollars to donuts that his subconscious much less his personal integrity is not allowing him to live too deeply in denial. LOL!!! Kudos to him for being somewhat honest with himself and others.

I have seen it before...like Nas says...he is probably a nice guy in real life and I bet you dollars to donuts that his subconscious much less his personal integrity is not allowing him to live too deeply in denial. LOL!!! Kudos to him for being somewhat honest with himself and others.

He's got about the same chance of being Giants DC next year as Nate Robinson does of becoming the Knick's Player/ Head Coach ........ LOL