SportsWrath

giants working out kickers

Mr. P

Graham Gano was a fuckin pimp last year in the Florida Bowl game, he punted three in a row within the 3 yard line and nailded every FG and kickoffs went through the endzone.

He did not have a good pre-season with the Ravens though... but could he really be much worse the Larry kick it to the ten Tynes?

Graham Gano was a fuckin pimp last year in the Florida Bowl game, he punted three in a row within the 3 yard line and nailded every FG and kickoffs went through the endzone.

He did not have a good pre-season with the Ravens though... but could he really be much worse the Larry kick it to the ten Tynes?

I guess the memo has finally hit the head coach - there is no more margin for error this season; they'll need every point.

I'd be thrilled if they replaced Tynes with Gano....hopefully he nails his workout. Plus, given Feagles decline, we could use a guy with a cannon leg.

Tynes is simply undependable....too many blow chipshots. This offense can't afford to walk off the field with nothing to show after getting into the red zone, and he's a huge reason for their red zone issues.

Tynes (with alot of help from the Sheridunce Defense) blew the San Diego Charger game.

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121208aab.html

Dec. 12, 2008

WALT DISNEY WORLD, Fla. - Florida State senior Graham Gano was awarded the nation's top honor for a placekicker when he won the Lou Groza Award Thursday night on The Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards Show. Gano is the nation's top placekicker and his award marks the third time a Seminole has won the award. No other university has more than one Groza winner.

"I am really speechless," said Gano. "I want to thank the Palm Beach Sports Council and the Orange Bowl for this wonderful award. The two guys that were here with me are phenomenal kickers and to just be in the same class as them was an honor in itself."

Gano was slated to become the first kicker in Bobby Bowden's 33 years at Florida State to handle field goals, kick-offs and punts until two weeks before the start of the Seminoles' season when he tore the meniscus in his right knee. After surgery and rehab, Gano was back on the field after missing just two games. He lined up for the first field goal attempt of his collegiate career from 52 yards. He missed that kick. It would be 55 days before he missed another field goal. Graham went on to make an FSU record 18 consecutive field goals including five straight attempts from 50 yards or more.

"This whole process was an experience I will remember for a lifetime and everyone involved with the Lou Groza Award does an amazing job of making this so memorable," said Gano. "It is an honor to join the fraternity of Lou Groza Award winners."

The senior from Pensacola, Fla., leads the nation in field goals and is the highest scoring kicker in all of the FBS. No kicker in America converted more attempts from 50 yards than Gano and he converted 24-of-26 field goal attempts overall. His only two misses came from 52 and 50 yards. Gano has as many 50-yard field goals in his career as FSU's two-time Lou Groza Award winner Sebastian Janikowski and he is the only kicker in school history to convert over 90% of his field goals in a season.

Gano is in line to capture the ACC's scoring title and has already been named a Rivals All-American and an All-ACC first team selection by ACSMA/AP, Phil Steele and Rivals as well.

Oh well....wishful thinking.

Tynes it is!!!!

http://www.nj.com/gi...tice-squad.html

You have GANO in grasp and you don't sign him??????????? WTF TOM? How long do you really Think Feagle's can do this? How much better at kickoffs is he than tynes? Hell did that 52 yarder blur your thinking

TOM ........ COME ON MAN

Seriously, our kicking game was pathetic today....our kickoffs barely made it to the 20, and the punts werent' going 40 yards before being returned.

I love Feagles, and his direction punts are fantastic, but I can't see why they at least don't add Gano to handle kickoffs and deep punts. The weather conditions are only going to get worse.

Suisham missed like a 10 yard field goal that would have sealed the game for the Redskins.

I know but let's assume this last month of his career didn't happen... what are the odds he's better than Tynes?

Pray enlighten me - how could we not sign Gano especially after he visited the Giants? I can understand Snyder throwing a lot of money at him, but we should have done the same. The kid would have been special and a lock for us for many years to come!

STOOPID IMGRATES!