SportsWrath

Is there a defense that can stop the Hedgecock Swing Pass?

JMFP

Granted, he hasn't caught one yet, but if and when he does, this is going to send shockwaves throughout the NFL.

Defensive coordinators will be scrambling for a way to contain him (because as you know, you can’t really hope to stop Hedgecock’s mad receiving skills).

Hedgecock has a combination of reach (short), speed (slow), and hands (stone) that you really can't coach.

What I like about the call is opposing D's are gonna have to start to double team him opening

many other play calling opportunities. I'm just so glad we have Gildride for the genius that makes

him one of the elite OC's in the league. :rolleyes:

I believe opposing D's are double teaming other players to purposely leave Hedgecock open. It's worked great for them so far.

I believe opposing D's are double teaming other players to purposely leave Hedgecock open. It's worked great for them so far.

yes the opposing D's are counting on Gilbride to work that play in at least 2 times a game.

They are hoping that this becomes a 3rd down effort on the Giants part.

I think they have drawn up the perfect Defense for the play already. Leave him wide open so Eli throws it in his direction.

The guy is a top notch run blocker, so hands of stone does not bother me in the slightest.

Don't get me wrong....I like Hedgecock as a blocker. Receiver?.....not so much.

I think they ought to try a "Hook and Hedgecock".

Shot gun with split backs...Hedgecock on the left, Bradsaw on the right......after the snap.......Dance the ever nimble Hedgecock out into the left flat. Have Bradsaw trail him by about 5 yards back....or giving him a 4 to 4 Mississippi start...... When "The Hedge" turns around ..or even if he doesnt'....have Manning Throw it right at his hands (this part is the key to the whole play). All the fool defenders will converge on The Hedge and the pass.....and Bradsaw can then catch the ensuing ricochet off big number 39's hands and have clear sailing to the end zone.

It is the last thing they would ever expect....and Hedgecock's fake will be complete, as he will not be brought in on the play and simply think he is going out for a pass to do that zoo-doo he does with the ball.

Why I say its magic lad...magic.

C. Wagon.

Granted, he hasn't caught one yet, but if and when he does, this is going to send shockwaves throughout the NFL.

Defensive coordinators will be scrambling for a way to contain him (because as you know, you can’t really hope to stop Hedgecock’s mad receiving skills).

Hedgecock has a combination of reach (short), speed (slow), and hands (stone) that you really can't coach.

Let's not over-analyze Joe, the guy is stocky as shit and is a full back.. he's not meant to catch passes... put on those heavy pads and see how far you can extend your arms.

That's beyond the point.. a Full Back who can catch passes is just icing on the cake.. the guy is good at what he does.. but let's not throw him passes..

he's a safety valve, not a primary receiver- but he should get rid of the alligator arms- if he's eligible once in a while the ball will find him.

he's a safety valve, not a primary receiver- but he should get rid of the alligator arms- if he's eligible once in a while the ball will find him.

I'm not disagreeing with you.. maybe they should work on him softening his hands. I just it's natural for stocky dues with short arms.. to be extra stiff since their pads tend to be wider than average. What I'm not happy with is the # of passes thrown at Boss.. the guy made a great catch yesterday.

I think they ought to try a "Hook and Hedgecock".

Shot gun with split backs...Hedgecock on the left, Bradsaw on the right......after the snap.......Dance the ever nimble Hedgecock out into the left flat. Have Bradsaw trail him by about 5 yards back....or giving him a 4 to 4 Mississippi start...... When "The Hedge" turns around ..or even if he doesnt'....have Manning Throw it right at his hands (this part is the key to the whole play). All the fool defenders will converge on The Hedge and the pass.....and Bradsaw can then catch the ensuing ricochet off big number 39's hands and have clear sailing to the end zone.

It is the last thing they would ever expect....and Hedgecock's fake will be complete, as he will not be brought in on the play and simply think he is going out for a pass to do that zoo-doo he does with the ball.

Why I say its magic lad...magic.

C. Wagon.

Somewhere deep in the bowels of Giants Stadium, Killdrive is putting chalk to your vision.

Unfortunately it's looked more like the "Twilight Zone".

Rod_Serling1.jpg

Picture, if you will, an offensive coordinator...

His quarterback is moving down the field at will....

It's 1st and 10, from the 20 yard line....

Kevin Gilbride has stepped off the sidelines, and into the Twilight Zone.

Rod_Serling1.jpg

Picture, if you will, an offensive coordinator...

His quarterback is moving down the field at will....

It's 1st and 10, from the 20 yard line....

Kevin Gilbride has stepped off the sidelines, and into the Twilight Zone.

hahahah, very nice sir.