SportsWrath

I take it back Sheridan is not the guy

JackStroud

Where was our pass rush.....where was our blitz? Embarassing.... we did not get to that little Romo all night

I could forgive the lack of a pass rush if we stopped the run

instead of playing Blackburn ................all night Sheridan has Clark, Keihl, Goff, Boley, SloMo Pierce wiffing and getting pushed all over the field

This LBer corp without Blackburn is a TOTAL embarassment

The only reason we win this game is Romo is totally psyched out going against the Giants

also our QB DB's and WR's played like champions

How about that Tynes 23yd shankopotomus? Carney NEVER EVER missed a short FG like that

We won but I wanted total domination......this is a bitter moment for me :o(

I wouldnt go that far Jack. But the run defense, and the pass rush are a concern right now. I hope they can go back to the drawing board and figure this out. I said to myself last night, if Spags was still here, he would have gone striaght to the drawing board and figured a way to get some pressure and stop the run, Sheridan just didnt do that. But give the guy a break, this is his first season a DC ever. I still have faith he will work this out.

Wait a minute Jack. I saw plenty of blitzing in this game and I thought the blend was

good. The Giants didnt get to Romo cause Dallas picked up the blitz real well last night

just as the Giants did.

If any problem I had with the D was missed assignments and Pierce got blocked out several times

and there were numerous miss tackling by all. Jones and Barber seemed to have olive oil on there

uniform last night. Sheridan is doing a fine job so far.

Pick on something that makes sense dude!!

Most of the big runs were towards Osi and Boley. No surprise there: those two have to learn each other's tendencies, and that's not going to happen in a week. And let's face it--between Jones, Barber, and Choice that team isn't exactly horrible when it comes to running the ball, either.

Sheriden had the D double covering Witten like 80% of the time.

Sheriden seemed to have a bend not break scheme going for the secondary, and it worked. Romo did terrible last night. Only issues we had were with the run. That won't happen again, or at least won't happen frequently with this Defensive line.

Wait a minute Jack. I saw plenty of blitzing in this game and I thought the blend was

good. The Giants didnt get to Romo cause Dallas picked up the blitz real well last night

just as the Giants did.

If any problem I had with the D was missed assignments and Pierce got blocked out several times

and there were numerous miss tackling by all. Jones and Barber seemed to have olive oil on there

uniform last night. Sheridan is doing a fine job so far.

Pick on something that makes sense dude!!

actually I was joking about Sheridan.....he wasnt the one missing all the tackles and getting pushed all over the field

BUT he did not utilize Blackburn enough in favor of this new dude boley who admittedly is fast but cannot tackle or wrap anyone up

Blackburn's physical presense stops the run......I know he was focused on stopping the pass but BLackburn is also a force on the blitz

Well he went with his speed guys to make Reese happy..........it was a disaster on the run side and the pass rush suffered too

if you remember Kavika Mitchell solved all these problems the SB year......not re-signing mitchell was and continues to be the most boneheaded thing coughlin and reese have done to date

actually I was joking about Sheridan.....he wasnt the one missing all the tackles and getting pushed all over the field

BUT he did not utilize Blackburn enough in favor of this new dude boley who admittedly is fast but cannot tackle or wrap anyone up

Blackburn's physical presense stops the run......I know he was focused on stopping the pass but BLackburn is also a force on the blitz

Well he went with his speed guys to make Reese happy..........it was a disaster on the run side and the pass rush suffered too

Boley had 7 tackles last night...6 unassisted.

if you remember Kavika Mitchell solved all these problems the SB year......not re-signing mitchell was and continues to be the most boneheaded thing coughlin and reese have done to date

only so much money to go around and you have to spend it wisely.

so far jerry reese has proved his salt. Jerry has a great feel for talent

and how to work the money.

only so much money to go around and you have to spend it wisely.

so far jerry reese has proved his salt. Jerry has a great feel for talent

and how to work the money.

i repeat- not re-signing mitchell was and continues to be the most boneheaded thing coughlin and reese have done to date

END OF STORY

overpaying Eli was the 2nd most boneheaded......it was a little over the top for a top 10 not top 5 QB

Having said that Eli may be moving up in class which is very unusual for a guy who just got a ridiculous contract ala alex rodriquez

Sheriden had the D double covering Witten like 80% of the time.

Sheriden seemed to have a bend not break scheme going for the secondary, and it worked. Romo did terrible last night. Only issues we had were with the run. That won't happen again, or at least won't happen frequently with this Defensive line.

This. The run D is a concern but the passing game was shut down, even after all the talk of how fucking great their WRs are, how they don't miss Owens, how Williams is "back to form" and how devastated and inexperienced our secondary is. We had zero sacks but still had decent pressure, as evidenced by Romo's performance. And that's with Tuck out to a fucking cheap play.

My biggest concern remains our embarrassing redzone efficiency. We should have put up 50+ points last night. I count 19 points left on the field due to redzone choking. Our D won that game for us, again.

This. The run D is a concern but the passing game was shut down, even after all the talk of how fucking great their WRs are, how they don't miss Owens, how Williams is "back to form" and how devastated and inexperienced our secondary is. We had zero sacks but still had decent pressure, as evidenced by Romo's performance. And that's with Tuck out to a fucking cheap play.

My biggest concern remains our embarrassing redzone efficiency. We should have put up 50+ points last night. I count 19 points left on the field due to redzone choking. Our D won that game for us, again.

agreed! the number one thing in my mind is leaving points on the table.

If the trend continues there will be some very disappointed Giants fans this

year. The D can't cover every week the O needs to score when opportunities

are there. THe game should have not been close.

I think being down to only 3 healthy Cb's forced the gameplan to place more importance on stopping the passing attack of Dallas. Not an exuse, but lets be honest this defense is not a 200 yard a game on the ground defense. I see than as an abberation.

This was a typical Dallas-Giants game.....non-stop crazy shit:

As usual in a Cowboys game, nothing made sense.

Our running game was contained, and Dallas ran wild.

Eli looked like Dan Fouts, and Tony Romo looked like Babe Laufenberg.

Neither defense managed any sacks..

About the only thing that looked familiar was Wade Wilson.....still fat.

Throw the stats out the window, because the only thing that matters is the win, and the fact that Jerry Jones once again had the taste of ashes in his mouth.

Throw the stats out the window, because the only thing that matters is the win, and the fact that Jerry Jones once again had the taste of ashes in his mouth.

Boley played a great game. He didn't practice at all in camp if I remember correctly, and I believe this was his first week of practice pretty much? He came in and led the team in tackles,. Played sideline to sideline and layed the wood a couple of times pretty good. To me, other than Phillips, Boley might've been the best defensive player we had last night. I am extremely encouraged after his first game as a Giant.

Wade Wilson is fat? :rolleyes:

Who was the linebacker covering Witten on his TD? ....... :doh:

If your alluding to Blackburn he was the wise ol guy who stopped his blitz and dropped back toward witten

Pierce was right on Wittens back but as is his norm, and its very weird Pierce never stuck out his arm to try and divert the TD pass