SportsWrath

Post your five Pre-Camp Predictions for the Giants!

Sephiroth

Here's my five:

1. Eli will have his best statistical season this year, posting MVP-type numbers. We're going to hear about Plaxico Burress and his zero Pro Bowl appearances all season long, rest assured, but Eli won't miss a beat with the young guys we've got. In fact, we're going to hear about how in college, Eli had the ability to "make everyone around him better," and we're going to see that on the field. No Shockey, no Tiki, no Plax... this is Eli's team now.

2. Kenny Phillips will have a Pro Bowl type season. If you go back and watch tape from last year, Phillips has great sideline-to-sideline skills, hits like a mother, and always seemed to be in the right position to make plays. Hell, even the pass that Torry Holt caught over him was more luck than anything, as Phillips was in perfect position. He'll be a force in the defensive backfield.

3. By week eight, fans will be disappointed with Chris Canty. Why the Giants paid so much for this guy, I'll never know (he's making more than Justin Tuck... and they're not even in the same ballpark when it comes to skills). Yeah, he's tall with a huge wingspan, but c'mon... five sacks last year playing next to Demarcus Ware? I've been paying a lot of attention to Canty the past month or so on NFL Replay, and he hasn't impressed. On a similar note, Rocky Bernard will totally OUTPLAY his contract and come up huge for us this year... he'll double Canty's sack totals.

4. Kevin Gilbride's dog shit playcalling will lose us at least two games we should win. Sixty MPH winds against the league's worst run D? Time to AIR IT OUT, BABY! That being said, we'll still have a top-ten offense.

5. Sinorice Moss will have 2200 receiving yards and 23 TDs this season, en route to a Pro Bowl season. The Giants will erect a statue outside the new Giants Stadium in his honor, and he will become the first player to be inducted into Canton while still playing football. Treehugger, however, will still find a reason to not pay me my dollar.

1. Ahmad Bradshaw will be the #2 running back.

2. Steve Smith and Hakim Nicks will be our starting WRs.

3. Osi Umenyiora will be back to his old form, chasing QBs down left and right in a Pro Bowl season.

4. Brandon Jacobs will rush for 1400 yards

5. Aaron Ross and Corey Webster will both go to the Pro Bowl.

1. Kenny Phillips will have a huge year for us. Fast and he likes to lay the big hit on anyone near him with the ball, he's going to sure up our safety position for years. Going to add another factor to our trio of Webster/Ross/Phillips, hopefully either Johnson or CC Brown fill in the other safety position. Look for him to make a name for himself and hit the Pro-Bowl.

2. Kehl is going to be starting by week 6. The kid is just a beast and really physical, he's going to take the SAM position away from Clark this year. Would love to see Boley/Pierce/Kehl as the starters heading into the playoffs.

3. Osi/Tuck/Canty/Kiwi will have a total of 40+ sacks between the four of them this year. The rest of the D-line will have 15 by years end.

4. Brown is going to replace Ward in the passing game. All reports from OTAs and from what the coaches have said is that Brown has crazy glue on his hands and is also a big physical back like Jacobs. Look for him to come in on 3rd and longs for pass blocking/catching, so far Ware/Bradshaw have shown nothing in the passing game. Will he be the #2? Probably not but he will get quite abit of playing time.

5. Eli and Nicks are going to be the new Eli to Plax. I dont know why but I'm really excited for the Nicks guy, a physical WR who can get separation and catches anything thrown his way. I've always thought when you draft a franchise QB you should draft a WR to grow with ala Manning/Harrison Montana/Rice. I dont think Nicks will start for the first half of the season but I think he will eventually replace Hixon as the #1. Cant wait to see what he can do on the field.

Just because I'm an ass I'm going to have a number six.

6. Our D is going to be better this year then it was with Spags. Spags was a hell of a coach but was I the only one noticing in the latter part of this year opponents offenses were exploiting our D? They would keep extra protection in and then exploit our weakness in the LB core and Spags did nothing to compensate for it. He would still continue to rush two extra and we were getting burned, he should of let our pro-bowl front four go and come up with something from there. I think Sheridan will be able to make those adjustments while staying true to the blitz happy D we are.

1. beginning of the season our starting wr's will be hixon and smith

2. by the end of the season they will be manningham and nicks

3. beckum wont put up big numbers but we WILL be very impressed by him

4. osi will have more sacks and a better season than tuck

5. johnson will look about the same as he did last year, making us realize he is as good as hes going to get.

Here's my five:

1. Eli will have his best statistical season this year, posting MVP-type numbers. We're going to hear about Plaxico Burress and his zero Pro Bowl appearances all season long, rest assured, but Eli won't miss a beat with the young guys we've got. In fact, we're going to hear about how in college, Eli had the ability to "make everyone around him better," and we're going to see that on the field. No Shockey, no Tiki, no Plax... this is Eli's team now.

2. Kenny Phillips will have a Pro Bowl type season. If you go back and watch tape from last year, Phillips has great sideline-to-sideline skills, hits like a mother, and always seemed to be in the right position to make plays. Hell, even the pass that Torry Holt caught over him was more luck than anything, as Phillips was in perfect position. He'll be a force in the defensive backfield.

3. By week eight, fans will be disappointed with Chris Canty. Why the Giants paid so much for this guy, I'll never know (he's making more than Justin Tuck... and they're not even in the same ballpark when it comes to skills). Yeah, he's tall with a huge wingspan, but c'mon... five sacks last year playing next to Demarcus Ware? I've been paying a lot of attention to Canty the past month or so on NFL Replay, and he hasn't impressed. On a similar note, Rocky Bernard will totally OUTPLAY his contract and come up huge for us this year... he'll double Canty's sack totals.

4. Kevin Gilbride's dog shit playcalling will lose us at least two games we should win. Sixty MPH winds against the league's worst run D? Time to AIR IT OUT, BABY! That being said, we'll still have a top-ten offense.

5. Sinorice Moss will have 2200 receiving yards and 23 TDs this season, en route to a Pro Bowl season. The Giants will erect a statue outside the new Giants Stadium in his honor, and he will become the first player to be inducted into Canton while still playing football. Treehugger, however, will still find a reason to not pay me my dollar.

Canty is more of a DT....or a run stuffing DE...

False: The young WRs will take too long to click witht he system for Eli to post anything but decent numbers

Agreed

Agreed

False: See #1 for why we'll be a run-first offense this season.

IT AIN'T YO DOLLA YET BITCH!!!

Here's my five:

I agree with everything up to #5, as for #5 I think your stats are too low...he's easily going to get 40 TDs this year

1) Manningham is the breakout star of the wideouts.

2) Fox will do a piece on the "Giant wide receiver corps and the post Plaxico era and how they have all stepped up to fill the void after the loss of Plax and Amani". This will be done by mid season.

3) Darcy Johnson will be released, Travis Beckham will become the 2nd tight end with Matthews kept as a blocking tight end.

4) Madison Hedgecock will make the pro bowl.

5) WHEN, we win the division and make the playoffs, Andre Brown will be the number 2 running back.

Well it's like when we let go of Ryan Grant or even Will Allen, it happens to all teams.

Ryan Grant was 4th on the depth chart and stil isn't better than Jacobs or Bradshaw, Will Allen was given every chance in the world and just had terrible hands....Hedgecock was simply released, and he is clearly better than what they have....But I see your point...I think Ryan Clark would have been a better example

Ryan Grant was 4th on the depth chart and stil isn't better than Jacobs or Bradshaw, Will Allen was given every chance in the world and just had terrible hands....Hedgecock was simply released, and he is clearly better than what they have....But I see your point...I think Ryan Clark would have been a better example

Ryan Clark? Huh?

Jurevicius or Ed Mcaffery would have been better examples...

Ok, I'll bite:

1. Hakeem Nicks is named NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year and is at least 2nd on the team in receptions and yards.

2. Defense sets new team record for sacks in a season.

3. Eli does have his best statistical season... and the offense will remain a balanced one.

4. Giants will start the season 10-0.

5. Sinorice Moss will be cut, traded, or start the year on PUP. Tyree makes the team with Nicks, Smith, Hixon, Manningham, and Barden.

1. A white guy will lead the team in passing yards

2. A black guy will lead the team in sacks

3. A black guy will lead the team in rushing

4. A black guy will lead the team in receiving yards

5. A black guy will lead the team in interceptions

1. A white guy will lead the team in passing yards

2. A black guy will lead the team in sacks

3. A black guy will lead the team in rushing

4. A black guy will lead the team in receiving yards

5. A black guy will lead the team in interceptions

th_ThatsRacist.gif

lol j/k

I was thinking something more recent since Clark was on the Steelers last year, but both of your choice are excellent

Oh, I was thinking Clark was still a Redskin...and I forgot who he was for a second...

1. Eli will have 3500+ passing yds, 29 TD's to only 12 picks. He will make the probowl and JUST miss out on league MVP.

2. The Giants will go 14-2 in the regular season, losing only to SD and Minny. (Minny will be meaningless again)

3. Danny Ware will end up the #2 RB, but we will still see an effective "Earth, Wind and Fire" with Ahmad in the lineup. R. Brown will take another yr to develop.

4. Corey Webster and A Ross are the starting probowl CB's.

5. Sinorice Moss will contribute this yr heavily.

1.Ahmad Bradshaw will have 1,500 total yards at least

2.Will Beatty will start at one of the tackle spots,LT most likely moving Diehl to the inside giving us two guards (Snee and Diehl) and O'hara in the pro bowl

3.Michael Boley will be a bust (sorry to be honest)however Clint Sintim will be great

4.Ross and Webster will be in the pro bowl along with Tuck,Osi,Canty and Phillips defensively

5.What else the Giants beat the Patriots again in a super bowl 42 rematch

2.Will Beatty will start at one of the tackle spots,LT most likely moving Diehl to the inside giving us two guards (Snee and Diehl) and O'hara in the pro bowl

3.Michael Boley will be a bust (sorry to be honest)however Clint Sintim will be great

4.Ross and Webster will be in the pro bowl along with Tuck,Osi,Canty and Phillips defensively

No way....wont happen. Not this yr.

Yah, I'm skeptical of Boley...