SportsWrath

What are the chances Tyree re-emerges as our

JackStroud

I for one am not counting him out

He has these things going for him-

#1 Supreme Athleticism, Supreme Desire

#2 Experience and Route knowledge

#3- Pure Speed

#4 Leaping ability,Over the middle toughness, and Reckless abandon going for the ball

#5-Familiarity with Eli.....Tyree is smart, and can interpret a Manning head/hand gesture on the fly

Think of David as a Toomer much younger and more physically gifted.....

He needs to get in and out of his cuts and learn the value of a good headfake and he just might be our guy

I actually would love to see Tyree do that and think he actually could. Do I think he'll get a fair shot to do so? No. Too many other receivers younger that the Giants like more.

thats a good point but who? They are all sort of unestablished except for Smith (a #3 if there ever was one)

I think Tyree has a shot....I also like Nicks, And Moss believe it or not

I'm not sold on Hixon...... and Manningham has not played enough to judge

We might see a veteran brought in yet

I'm going to say less then zero.

The only way Tyree cracks the starting #1-#2 WR slot is if we have acouple injuries in our WR core. I have him behind Hixon/Smith/Moss/Nicks at the moment, I put him beside Manningham since we've seen nothing outta Mario yet. Tyree is a special teams player at the moment who could come in and play WR, so like I said unless we have some sort of major injury streak to the WR core I doubt you see him much this year lining up.

I'm going to say less then zero.

The only way Tyree cracks the starting #1-#2 WR slot is if we have acouple injuries in our WR core. I have him behind Hixon/Smith/Moss/Nicks at the moment, I put him beside Manningham since we've seen nothing outta Mario yet. Tyree is a special teams player at the moment who could come in and play WR, so like I said unless we have some sort of major injury streak to the WR core I doubt you see him much this year lining up.

maybe but there seems to be no clear #1 or #2, so the SB hero has a punchers chance

Hixon showed me nothing last year......Smiths really a #3 as he is rather slow but good cuts and sure handed

maybe but there seems to be no clear #1 or #2, so the SB hero has a punchers chance

Hixon showed me nothing last year......Smiths really a #3 as he is rather slow but good cuts and sure handed

The #2 is Smith, he was basically groomed to be Toomers replacement. Plus when given the chance to stretch the field Smith has gotten behind defenses, heck he had a sure TD in the Eagles playoff game if Eli didnt over throw him. Smith is going to be our #2 for years and anyone can hold me to that.

The #1 spot is up for grabs in my opinion I doubt Tyree has what it takes to hold it, I mean he's been on the team for six years now and has shown nothing that he could be a legitimate #1 hell of a special teams s player though. I say leave Tyree where he excels on the field and have Hixon/Nicks/Manningham fight it out for the committee at #1.

In the end whoever the coaches put out there I'm confident with since they know what the players can/can not do, not to mention I think we're going to be more of a WR rotation this year since we need to get the young guys as much time playing as possible.

The #2 is Smith, he was basically groomed to be Toomers replacement. Plus when given the chance to stretch the field Smith has gotten behind defenses, heck he had a sure TD in the Eagles playoff game if Eli didnt over throw him. Smith is going to be our #2 for years and anyone can hold me to that.

The #1 spot is up for grabs in my opinion I doubt Tyree has what it takes to hold it, I mean he's been on the team for six years now and has shown nothing that he could be a legitimate #1 hell of a special teams s player though. I say leave Tyree where he excels on the field and have Hixon/Nicks/Manningham fight it out for the committee at #1.

In the end whoever the coaches put out there I'm confident with since they know what the players can/can not do, not to mention I think we're going to be more of a WR rotation this year since we need to get the young guys as much time playing as possible.

Tyree when healthy ha played behind established WR veterans, so no real chance

Whenever he has gotten on the field at WR due to injury or fatigue ot 4-5 WR sets he has done remakably well. extraordinary really

He's been a human highlight reel using his limited chances very well.......I cannot say that of any of the others Smith included

although Smith is solid......don't count David out right yet.......I'll bet Parcells would give his eyeteeth to get a hold of him

Whenever he has gotten on the field at WR due to injury or fatigue ot 4-5 WR sets he has done remakably well. extraordinary really

He's been a human highlight reel using his limited chances very well.......I cannot say that of any of the others Smith included

although Smith is solid......don't count David out right yet.......I'll bet Parcells would give his eyeteeth to get a hold of him

Really? Outside of the Superbowl I cant recall one "highlight" in his entire career outside of his special teams play. Infact if you look at his WR stats outside of the Superbowl they are all lack luster is not borderline practice squad worthy. When he touches the field he has done nothing to prove he could be anything more then a #4 at most, infact you take away what he did in the Superbowl and he's not even on the team this year.

Like I said love him as a special teams player, what he was able to do in the Superbowl and even as an emergency WR but he's no starting material. He will contribute this year playing as a slot or something since he does have experiance in the system but I highly doubt opponents would be game planning for Tyree anytime soon.

I actually would love to see Tyree do that and think he actually could. Do I think he'll get a fair shot to do so? No. Too many other receivers younger that the Giants like more.

BB01 whats with the Selma love did Booyah take over your account?

:clap::clap:

Bravo, bravo

You're definitely our number one poster. :rock:

Really? Outside of the Superbowl I cant recall one "highlight" in his entire career outside of his special teams play. Infact if you look at his WR stats outside of the Superbowl they are all lack luster is not borderline practice squad worthy. When he touches the field he has done nothing to prove he could be anything more then a #4 at most, infact you take away what he did in the Superbowl and he's not even on the team this year.

Like I said love him as a special teams player, what he was able to do in the Superbowl and even as an emergency WR but he's no starting material. He will contribute this year playing as a slot or something since he does have experiance in the system but I highly doubt opponents would be game planning for Tyree anytime soon.

Really??? In 2004 in a game where Rothlingsberger stared down Eli (a draw) Tyree got open and turned the game around with a 45 yd (through the air) post rout separating himself from the Pitt defense and making a terrific over the shoulder catch a catch which resulted in a 20-16 Giants lead.

He also had numerous clutch catches in the 2 minute offense over the years (the only time he gets to play WR barring injury to the high paid starters)

He made the most miraculous, clutch, athletic, impossible catch in NFL and super Bowl history......perhaps football history

what a bum....he can't play..... the nerve of Tyree..... scheeesh.... its all luck.... LOL

Hey why don't you put on a leather helmet and go play some of that Canadian 12 man football or comment on it......more your speed. What's your favorite team the Winnipeg Winnebago's? :o)

Really??? In 2004 in a game where Rothlingsberger stared down Eli (a draw) Tyree got open and turned the game around with a 45 yd (through the air) post rout separating himself from the Pitt defense and making a terrific over the shoulder catch a catch which resulted in a 20-16 Giants lead.

He also had numerous clutch catches in the 2 minute offense over the years (the only time he gets to play WR barring injury to the high paid starters)

He made the most miraculous, clutch, athletic, impossible catch in NFL and super Bowl history......perhaps football history

what a bum....he can't play..... the nerve of Tyree..... scheeesh.... its all luck.... LOL

Hey why don't you put on a leather helmet and go play some of that Canadian 12 man football or comment on it......more your speed. What's your favorite team the Winnipeg Winnebago's? :o)

Why dont you actually read someones post before you quote it, I said he was really impressive in the Superbowl and one of the reasons why we won. However you state "numerous clutch catches in the 2 minuet offense" alright name two times. Give me two examples of when in a two minuet situation where Tyree lead us into a winning position in the regular season, that should be simple since there were "numerous" times.

But I guess Tyree with his only Hall Of Fame 45 yard catch that season deserves the #1 spot with a catch he made five years ago. By the way we never lead 20-16 in that game, so maybe your just making decent players (Blackburn/Tyree/Palmer) into HoF players in your head.....again.

Like I said Jacky Tyree is a good emergency WR and a hell of a special teamer, but your man crush with him is starting to worry me. Is Blackburn going to be looking for a new fan?

Hey why don't you put on a leather helmet and go play some of that Canadian 12 man football or comment on it......more your speed. What's your favorite team the Winnipeg Winnebago's? :o )

OH NO Not "that" Roethlisberger, The one we "overlooked"

Anyway , Tyree will not be on the roster come Sept. He's 29 has had a bad Knee injury and a Hamstring we have way to many younger WR's . So as far I can see Tyree has a good chance of being our 1st WR

our first WR cut that is ...

Ironically the foreigners on this board know more about 'your' game then you do, dickhead. You just made your man-crush Jesse Palmer cry.

Why dont you actually read someones post before you quote it, I said he was really impressive in the Superbowl and one of the reasons why we won. However you state "numerous clutch catches in the 2 minuet offense" alright name two times. Give me two examples of when in a two minuet situation where Tyree lead us into a winning position in the regular season, that should be simple since there were "numerous" times.

But I guess Tyree with his only Hall Of Fame 45 yard catch that season deserves the #1 spot with a catch he made five years ago. By the way we never lead 20-16 in that game, so maybe your just making decent players (Blackburn/Tyree/Palmer) into HoF players in your head.....again.

Like I said Jacky Tyree is a good emergency WR and a hell of a special teamer, but your man crush with him is starting to worry me. Is Blackburn going to be looking for a new fan?

Sorry they just replayed that game on NFL Network.....moot point but Coughlin went for a controversial 2 point conversion (Eli was sacked) leaving us up 20-16 rather than 21-16

Eli came into his own that game.....did not win it but for the 1st time he looked like he was worth the #1 pick (but maybe still not the other #1, #'2s etc etc).....

It was remarkable how few of those Giants D players remain......just Osi I believe and Robbins

Our D was good back then, but not great, not top 5, maybe top 15....and no Pierce was not the difference maker :o)

BTW on of the Rags just rated Eli #20 QB in the NFL right behind Gulp Gulp Pennington

NFL Network is counting down the top NFL teams and did #11 last night- The Cowboys

Will be interesting to see where we are placed......also Kareem McKenzie took viewers on a tour of the new Giants complex, weight room, and Cafeteria.....practice fields......nice but nothing like the Jets palace out in the Morristown area

I guess most of the Jets will relocate out there....its a drive from the Stadium area

I hate to speak ill of the man who caught THE PASS, but he also flubbed a couple of crucial passes in that game, and I believe on of them was in that same drive. I'd say he's really lucky to have a job. I'd really rather have Toomer back.

I hate to speak ill of the man who caught THE PASS, but he also flubbed a couple of crucial passes in that game, and I believe on of them was in that same drive. I'd say he's really lucky to have a job. I'd really rather have Toomer back.

Really.........he was flubbing away on his date with destiny huh?

Well think about this.......with the SB on the line the coaches were playing him and not some other lesser lights.

If he did miss a few I'll bet they were likely Eli ducks or rushed throws.

I think this means he will get his shot this summer to replace Plaxico or Toomer

The fact the Giants even kept him last year with that injury means they want him back....hes under the radar but could be the surprise starter.......its a long shot but possible

Tyree is a winner........he always seems to do the remarkable at the most important times

He reminds me of Joe Morrison.......feisty and able

Really.........he was flubbing away on his date with destiny huh?

Well think about this.......with the SB on the line the coaches were playing him and not some other lesser lights.

If he did miss a few I'll bet they were likely Eli ducks or rushed throws.

I think this means he will get his shot this summer to replace Plaxico or Toomer

The fact the Giants even kept him last year with that injury means they want him back....hes under the radar but could be the surprise starter.......its a long shot but possible

Tyree is a winner........he always seems to do the remarkable at the most important times

He reminds me of Joe Morrison.......feisty and able

Tyree did well in the SuperBowl, he also had that TD catch. He has always stepped up when they have put him out there as a receiver, which has been rare. I don't think that he is as athletic as you think, though, Jack. I do think he can help the team and should be retained, but I think Nicks and Smith will win the two starting spots, both of whom have their advantages over Tyree. I think Hixon is the slot guy, sometimes Manningham, and Tyree will see spot work and contribute on specials like he has always done. I think it will be tough for him to make this team if everyone is healthy, but he is deserving of the spot, particularly for his effort on specials. And I agree with you that he is a winner.