SportsWrath

Giants' MVP

Nas

Ok I just thought a new topic. Let's examine our roster and our depth chart as it stands now and tell me who would the Giants suffer most if they were to lose him for a decent chunk of time. Examine the back ups and how reliable they'd be to do an outstanding job versus stinking up the joint (who's that back up offensive lineman who kept getting unsportsman-like conduct penalty?

How I rank them.

1.Webster: Ross is a good CB but the rest of our CB core is fairly raw and might have a hard time shutting down big name WRs if Webster went down.

2.Eli: Carr is still gun shy from getting his brain smashed in during the Texan years. I'm confident that if Eli did go down Carr wouldnt loose games for us but I dont think he would do anything to really help us win.

3.Snee/Sueburt: Best guard combo in the game bar none, if both these guys went down I think our running game would suffer greatly.

4.Jacobs: The power house of our running game, Bardshaw is still unproven to carry the load and Ware/Brown are moot up to this point.

5.Osi/Tuck: Sure we have great depth at the D-line but both these guys are pro-bowl DEs, either one going down will hurt the pass rush regardless of depth.

Honorable mentions:

Steve Smith (only WR with solid game time experiance)

Kenny Phillips (hate to see this promising kid go down)

Shaun O'hara (great center IMO)

Barry Cofield (4th round pick thats warmed up to me, solid starter)

How I rank them.

1.Webster: Ross is a good CB but the rest of our CB core is fairly raw and might have a hard time shutting down big name WRs if Webster went down.

2.Eli: Carr is still gun shy from getting his brain smashed in during the Texan years. I'm confident that if Eli did go down Carr wouldnt loose games for us but I dont think he would do anything to really help us win.

3.Snee/Sueburt: Best guard combo in the game bar none, if both these guys went down I think our running game would suffer greatly.

4.Jacobs: The power house of our running game, Bardshaw is still unproven to carry the load and Ware/Brown are moot up to this point.

5.Osi/Tuck: Sure we have great depth at the D-line but both these guys are pro-bowl DEs, either one going down will hurt the pass rush regardless of depth.

Honorable mentions:

I would agree with this, except switch Jacobs and Webster. I believe in our overall secondary a little more. Other than that, spot on IMO.

How I rank them.

Honorable mentions:

I dunno man, I think you just described the perfect backup quarterback...remember, he DID almost beat the Minnesota Vikings with backups playing...

Jacobs

Agreed. If we lost Jacobs, we would be in a world of trouble, IMO. You are no counting on Bradshaw to carry the load and nobody knows if he can do that for 20-25 totes a game. And Eli needs a strong running game, especially with our WR corps. Plus with what Jacobs does to a defense over the course of a game, to me, it's a no-brainer, Jacobs is the one guy we can not afford to lose. Eli is a close second, but I actually think with our line and running game, we could win with Carr.

State your case young man.

I feel there is a greater drop off in talent behind Jacobs now that Ward is gone .Bradshaw can not carry this team if it was put on his shoulders for the whole year of course they would split the carries up with Ware and he is relatively unproven. Who Knows what Brown will do for us.

Now look at every other position who can step in an fill the shoes of the guy ahead of them?

Everyone will immediately say Eli. Carr has the ability to step up and fill in if god forbid Eli goes down.He has had god awful offensive lines to deal with in the past . Under Chris Palmer's tutelage and a Competent OL He has "re-built" himself. Although it has yet to bee seen in extent, the few Glimpses I have seen with him as Giant under center you can see his confidence has been regained .

....I expect I will be getting heavy flack for the last paragraph but I don't care its just my opionion

I feel there is a greater drop off in talent behind Jacobs now that Ward is gone .Bradshaw can not carry this team if it was put on his shoulders for the whole year of course they would split the carries up with Ware and he is relatively unproven. Who Knows what Brown will do for us.

Now look at every other position who can step in an fill the shoes of the guy ahead of them?

Everyone will immediately say Eli. Carr has the ability to step up and fill in if god forbid Eli goes down.He has had god awful offensive lines to deal with in the past . Under Chris Palmer's tutelage and a Competent OL He has "re-built" himself. Although it has yet to bee seen in extent, the few Glimpses I have seen with him as Giant under center you can see his confidence has been regained .

....I expect I will be getting heavy flack for the last paragraph but I don't care its just my opionion

Actually Lug that's EXACTLY how I've felt all along which ultimately lead me to create this thread. I think Carr can be brilliant behind our OL and with our organization in general. Jacobs carries this team.. he demlishes defenders so his fellow running backs can ran over them... without him the entire team.. defense and offense.. suffer.

Well said, my friend. Well said.