SportsWrath

PRE SEASON POWER RANKINGS

jerseygiantfan

The only thing I would change is us and N.E. We dont have our star QB coming off a really bad injury. I know its Tom Brady, but he still ahs to return to form. Even with Belichik and Brady, we have less question Marks.

Don't agree with the Steelers being number one....they lucked out by facing the team without a defense the Cards in the SB....I have seen the Vikings play better defense in their SB losses.

All things considered, I think we should be number one. If you arent considering how last yr ended, we should be the favorites.

All things considered, I think we should be number one. If you arent considering how last yr ended, we should be the favorites.

Actually when you think about it we shouldn't really be considered the "favorites" at least top five though. I mean we loose both our starting WRs plus Plax who has caught what is it? 40% of Eli's TDs or something like that. We have no clear number one WR plus outside of Steve Smith the rest of our WR core is pretty untested as starters (still not sold on Hixon) We have a power run game however our starting RB has failed to have a complete season and the rest of our RB core is pretty raw, only Bradshaw has any(limited) real game time experiance. Our O-line is one of the best in the league but with the age of it getting up there any injury to it can cripple our run game forcing us to rely on our WR core. I'm confident we will get past all of these challenges and still be the power house this year in the NFC East, I think what might hurt us the most is if none of the WRs step up in "big play" ability...it could really hurt us in the playoffs.

We have alot of "what ifs" going into the season and I just dont think we should be considered #1 out of the rest of the league. I would say atleast top five though, in my opinion number three, behind the Pats and Steelers(they get it because their SB winners)

Actually when you think about it we shouldn't really be considered the "favorites" at least top five though. I mean we loose both our starting WRs plus Plax who has caught what is it? 40% of Eli's TDs or something like that. We have no clear number one WR plus outside of Steve Smith the rest of our WR core is pretty untested as starters (still not sold on Hixon) We have a power run game however our starting RB has failed to have a complete season and the rest of our RB core is pretty raw, only Bradshaw has any(limited) real game time experiance. Our O-line is one of the best in the league but with the age of it getting up there any injury to it can cripple our run game forcing us to rely on our WR core. I'm confident we will get past all of these challenges and still be the power house this year in the NFC East, I think what might hurt us the most is if none of the WRs step up in "big play" ability...it could really hurt us in the playoffs.

We have alot of "what ifs" going into the season and I just dont think we should be considered #1 out of the rest of the league. I would say atleast top five though, in my opinion number three, behind the Pats and Steelers(they get it because their SB winners)

Agreed completely. We are completely untested at WR, we'll have 1 rookie starting and none of our current wr's have started at a 1 or 2 receiver spot. Smith is the only one we know can run routes and catch the ball consistently, and he;s always been our slot type receiver.

Thats why I think we'll make a big move before the season and trade for a good wr.

Somebody explain all the respect San Diego gets, considering a .500 record and winning one of the weakest divisions in the league. They're not terrible, but I'd think they'd need to do a little better before ranking them higher than the Panthers or Falcons. Come to think of it, why are they ranked higher than the Cards?

Somebody explain all the respect San Diego gets, considering a .500 record and winning one of the weakest divisions in the league. They're not terrible, but I'd think they'd need to do a little better before ranking them higher than the Panthers or Falcons. Come to think of it, why are they ranked higher than the Cards?

I am not sure why SD gets so much hype either. Sure they have a good team on paper but they are consistent underachievers and with Turner as coach they will falter yet again.

Good point about SD and the fact that Norv Turner is a head coach in the NFL baffles me.

However, the rest of this is okay. I think 3 is fair. Our biggest question is our wide receiver corp and until further notice we shouldn't be number 1. Pittsburgh are champs, so they should be 1, and New England is a whole different ballgame with Brady and the Pats have made some nice moves in the offseason freshening up that team.

Glad to see they put the Jets at 20, that's all they deserve. Last year, every time the Jets won the coin toss they moved up 3 spots. The media is fascinated with the idea the Jets will make good.

Good point about SD and the fact that Norv Turner is a head coach in the NFL baffles me.

However, the rest of this is okay. I think 3 is fair. Our biggest question is our wide receiver corp and until further notice we shouldn't be number 1. Pittsburgh are champs, so they should be 1, and New England is a whole different ballgame with Brady and the Pats have made some nice moves in the offseason freshening up that team.

Glad to see they put the Jets at 20, that's all they deserve. Last year, every time the Jets won the coin toss they moved up 3 spots. The media is fascinated with the idea the Jets will make good.

No complaints with 3. We have things that we need to prove--don't know if the Pats are the team to be #2, since Brady hasn't played a down in a year and he still has to show he's not rusty, but on paper they're good.

The more I think of it though, the Cards should be ranked higher than 9--they went to the SB last year, they haven't lost any players, did OK in the draft, and I didn't see much in the way of improvement in their division. 9-7 should take that division again this year, and I don't see a reason not to expect the Cards to get there.

No complaints with 3. We have things that we need to prove--don't know if the Pats are the team to be #2, since Brady hasn't played a down in a year and he still has to show he's not rusty, but on paper they're good.

The more I think of it though, the Cards should be ranked higher than 9--they went to the SB last year, they haven't lost any players, did OK in the draft, and I didn't see much in the way of improvement in their division. 9-7 should take that division again this year, and I don't see a reason not to expect the Cards to get there.

Yes, I think the superbowl is going to fuel the Cards and make them a more confident team. Plus they may well have addressed the problem in the running game at the draft.

I dont know if we are #1, 2 or 3 but I do know NEis not a better team than ours nor do they belong in the top 5

blatant Patriots homerism by someone at New England Sports Network

As long as they say the Giants are playing from behind i'm happy.

The team plays shitty when the media says there good.

Been that way forever.

Agreed and I also think 3 is very fair. Pitt is #1 for the same reasons the Giants were 1 last year, champions until proven otherwise.

The media does like this idea of the Jets huh? Was that more the fascination with Favre or the shittines the Jets have played under for the better part of 40 years?

personally, i don’t think the giants should be ranked 3rd in the league. they didn’t have any significant improvements this offseason, especially at the wr position. eli manning is still a big question mark and relies heavily on the defense and the running game to bail him out. looking at the nfc east, i don’t see the giants finishing higher than 3rd in the division. 4th if the redskins dont have alot of injuries.

personally, i don’t think the giants should be ranked 3rd in the league. they didn’t have any significant improvements this offseason, especially at the wr position. eli manning is still a big question mark and relies heavily on the defense and the running game to bail him out. looking at the nfc east, i don’t see the giants finishing higher than 3rd in the division. 4th if the redskins dont have alot of injuries.

Shut up ya fuckin tard

you're putting the Redskins above us?? You really are a fucktard.

Please extract your head from your axx before typing......your thoughts are getting confused from lack of oxygen

are you a Cow Chip fan?.........they released their whole team meathead

Not only will the Giants totally dominate the division......they will sweep the league this year

an undefeated season is not beyond possibility.......we just have get airhead errrrr........ Airhorn out of the middle

LOL

Please extract your head from your axx before typing......your thoughts are getting confused from lack of oxygen

are you a Cow Chip fan?.........they released their whole team meathead

Not only will the Giants totally dominate the division......they will sweep the league this year

an undefeated season is not beyond possibility.......we just have get airhead errrrr........ Airhorn out of the middle

LOL

i have no idea what youre talking about.

regardless, you are smoking crack if you really think the giants can go undefeated. after burress was kicked out of the teams, the giants went 2-4, bearly beating a broken down washington team and a overrated carolina team. while getting your asses handle by the elite teams. at best, i dont see the giants finishing 8-8.

Yes, I think the superbowl is going to fuel the Cards and make them a more confident team. Plus they may well have addressed the problem in the running game at the draft.

And got rid of their biggest liability, the DC. The Cards are big underachievers on defence and with a good coach could very well make the SB again.

And got rid of their biggest liability, the DC. The Cards are big underachievers on defence and with a good coach could very well make the SB again.

Lets not get ridiculous now. The Niners are winning that div. this yr.