SportsWrath

Thoughts on new Edwards rumor

echochamber

If the number you are saying is $6 million then Braylon will never be a Giant. That is far below market value for a receiver of his caliber.

A Receiver his caliber?

I didn't know receivers who have droppsies where top caliber.

A Receiver his caliber?

I didn't know receivers who have droppsies where top caliber.

Plax, T.O, Chad Johson, Andre Johnson(though he got alot better), Steve Smith in Carolina. All WRs who I would consider top caliber (though Plax will probably be out of the league this year) who had to struggle or are still struggling with a bad case of dropping passes.

Plax, T.O, Chad Johson, Andre Johnson(though he got alot better), Steve Smith in Carolina. All WRs who I would consider top caliber (though Plax will probably be out of the league this year) who had to struggle or are still struggling with a bad case of dropping passes.

Yeah...but Edwards droppsies were beyond worse then theres..

Actually I would probably rank T.O. above Edwards but put him on the same level as Plax with dropping passes.

Yeah well atleast Plax and T.O made up for there droppsies, if edwards is that kind of WR who cries over a drop then lets it ruin his season I don't want him.

Keep your chin up and keep trying, he was being a total BITCH last year.

Yeah well atleast Plax and T.O made up for there droppsies, if edwards is that kind of WR who cries over a drop then lets it ruin his season I don't want him.

You dont remember Plax when he was first with the Giants do you?

I'm not saying Edwards doesnt drop passes but at the same time are you going to honestly say T.O/Plax didnt let their lack of play affect them? T.O screaming about his QB/O-Coordinator and even his TE doesnt make him a bitch? Plax got better nearing the end of his career with the Giants but to say that Plax was solid 24/7 is kind of ridiculous.

Oh I'd still love to have Plax on the team, but when he decided to put a hole in his leg that thought went out the window.

Haha, that Placcident will go down as the moment that ruined the Giants perfect season..

I'd feel good about this either way.

If we get Edwards, it can potentially be a Plax headache all over again (Prima Donna syndrome, not shooting himself in the leg). Yet, if he puts it all together, he can be a HUGE piece to the Giants puzzle to get us back to the playoffs.. and would we only get him for one year... what are the contract issues? Let's not forget how quickly the fans turn on WRs and TEs with dropsies... Mark Jackson, Jeremy Shockey, et. al. have been BOOED more than a few times at Giants stadium after big drops.

If not... I honestly like the potential of Manningham, Ware, and whoever we'd get in the third. Ware is a UFA after this season, let's not forget... so that's a push with Edwards. Everyone is raving about Manningham in the offseason, so there's potential there as well.

I'd love Edwards for that price, but if we don't get him I'm fine with these guys too. It's a great time to be a Giants fan. :TU:

From bbi, Edwards for Ware, Manningham & a 2010 conditional pick (can be as high as a 3rd). With the past draft we had, I believe both players are now expendable, and I absolutely love Ware. Depending on what kind of $ Edwards wants and what Jerry will pay, I'm saying $7.5-$8 mil tops + incentives, methinks this is a no-brainer for a legit #1 entering his prime.

Seems to good to be true. Granted the Browns missed an opportunity to unload Edwards and his huge contract demands during the draft, but this still seems too heavily discounted to be true.

Seems to good to be true. Granted the Browns missed an opportunity to unload Edwards and his huge contract demands during the draft, but this still seems too heavily discounted to be true.

If it is true then the Mangini Era Browns are making a run for Worst Managed Team Of All Time.

Are you clowning on Jacks ridiculous post, or are you serious? I am high on Ware too but know Bradshaw is the real deal. I dont necessarily want to give up Ware, but I would before Id give up Ahmad.

LOL, I know, right? I was astonished at So Cals post...Did Ware get any actual regular season carries...?

Bradshaw ran for nearly 400 yards last year behind 2 one thousand yard rushers and had key plays to win games.

Ware is pure potential. Bradshaw is production.

So let me get this straight.

Trade a running back who mind you, has had success in this league as a change of pace

back for Brandon Jacobs (see, Playoffs 2007) and yet you want to trade him for what Danny

Ware MIGHT become. The Danny Ware who has had 2 professional carries in an NFL game.

This really takes the cake, infact..it takes the whole fucking bakery.

:lol:

Nicely said Golfin.

Trading Bradshaw and giving the Browns a far MORE valuable pick than Danny Ware is the most retarded thing I have ever heard on this board.

You did see that dudes 2007 campaign, right? The one where he had a QB having a decent season throwing to him?

Since then, those guys have had QB by committee over there...it's hard for anyone to produce under the conditions in Cleveland. Fact is, you didn't watch all their games, have no idea what passes were drops and which ones were Edwards using his skill to get in to position to catch a poorly thrown ball and just not being able to pull it in.

You dont remember Plax when he was first with the Giants do you?

I'm not saying Edwards doesnt drop passes but at the same time are you going to honestly say T.O/Plax didnt let their lack of play affect them? T.O screaming about his QB/O-Coordinator and even his TE doesnt make him a bitch? Plax got better nearing the end of his career with the Giants but to say that Plax was solid 24/7 is kind of ridiculous.

Examples: Plax giving up on poorly thrown balls and not even trying to prevent them from being intercepted, and afterward, making half assed attempts to tackle the defender, taking 4-5 plays a game off, etc etc.

Examples: Plax giving up on poorly thrown balls and not even trying to prevent them from being intercepted, and afterward, making half assed attempts to tackle the defender, taking 4-5 plays a game off, etc etc.

heh, I sure remember...but I still miss the talented but inconsistant ol' bastard :wub:

:lol:

Nicely said Golfin.

Trading Bradshaw and giving the Browns a far MORE valuable pick than Danny Ware is the most retarded thing I have ever heard on this board.

Not surprising really. So-Cal said Dwayne Jarrett will be the next Randy Moss. :rolleyes: