SportsWrath

Thoughts on new Edwards rumor

echochamber

From bbi, Edwards for Ware, Manningham & a 2010 conditional pick (can be as high as a 3rd). With the past draft we had, I believe both players are now expendable, and I absolutely love Ware. Depending on what kind of $ Edwards wants and what Jerry will pay, I'm saying $7.5-$8 mil tops + incentives, methinks this is a no-brainer for a legit #1 entering his prime.

Giving up Ware is way too much to pay

NO FNNNNNN WAY

We don't need a WR......We'll be fine with this crew

As a matter of fact giving up Ware will put even more presssure on the WRs

Jacobs is injury prone, and cannot break for big gains.........Bradshaw is too small, light to carry a load- we absolutley need Ware to replace Ward

Give them Bradshaw, and I'm on board. Ware, no way.

Are you clowning on Jacks ridiculous post, or are you serious? I am high on Ware too but know Bradshaw is the real deal. I dont necessarily want to give up Ware, but I would before Id give up Ahmad.

Are you clowning on Jacks ridiculous post, or are you serious? I am high on Ware too but know Bradshaw is the real deal. I dont necessarily want to give up Ware, but I would before Id give up Ahmad.

I honestly dont see the spark in Bradshaw anymore. Ware is going to jump ahead of Bardshaw on the depth chart in no time.

I honestly dont see the spark in Bradshaw anymore. Ware is going to jump ahead of Bardshaw on the depth chart in no time.

:huh:

Kinda curious when you have seen Ware play that makes you think he can beat this..

Stays on his feet and just accelerates away from them.

You don't? I was just watching highlights from last yr, and Bradshaw looked like he would do great if given more carries. But I also think Ware will turn out great. Oh the choices!

:huh:

Kinda curious when you have seen Ware play that makes you think he can beat this..

Stays on his feet and just accelerates away from them.

It's just a matter of opinion. I have been wrong before.

So let me get this straight.

Trade a running back who mind you, has had success in this league as a change of pace

back for Brandon Jacobs (see, Playoffs 2007) and yet you want to trade him for what Danny

Ware MIGHT become. The Danny Ware who has had 2 professional carries in an NFL game.

This really takes the cake, infact..it takes the whole fucking bakery.

Guys..take this with a grain of salt..because last time I couldn't sleep properly for 3 straight weeks..I'm not letting this rumour stick to my head every minute every hour of the day.

but...Mangini is asking for a very low price now, lower then what Reese supposedly asked for.

And on the Ware/Bradshaw thing..

Bradshaw is on another level..I think he could even be a 1,000 yard rusher if he got the right amount of carries...

Ware..we haven't even seen the guy play vs real competition yet..a couple of preseason games makes you think he is now better then who we've seen battle off some of the best pass rushers in the NFL?

From bbi, Edwards for Ware, Manningham & a 2010 conditional pick (can be as high as a 3rd). With the past draft we had, I believe both players are now expendable, and I absolutely love Ware. Depending on what kind of $ Edwards wants and what Jerry will pay, I'm saying $7.5-$8 mil tops + incentives, methinks this is a no-brainer for a legit #1 entering his prime.

If Edwards contract was reasonable, I'd do this in a heartbeat. A former UDFA (or was he a practice squad pickup? sorry guys--Ware hasn't seen much time in regular season, let alone playoffs and SB like Bradshaw), A WR who was 3rd round last year because of questionable character issues and who hasn't really produced for whatever reason, and a pick no higher than a 3rd? Especially when you consider we're replacing Manningham with Edwards, drafted a highly regarded running back, and were willing to give up far more in draft picks this year; I don't know if there is really a gripe.

If I'm a Cleveland fan and hear this rumor, I'd be pissed. They're giving up someone that is a known starter (at least) for players that might have potential, but have yet to demonstrate it on the field. A far cry from 1st and 3rd, I'd think.

Mangini would look like a real "genius" if he does this---particularly considering the ass kicking he took in draft day trades.

I really think Edwards would take 6 million or whatever and go with it..he's gonna be playing for a team that CAN win..he'll be living in new york..doing ALOT more commercials, he'll have alot of more freebies and fame..I think he'd take that money in a heartbeat.

Do it Reese. Brown was just drafted so Ware is expendable.

I'd have no problem giving up a practice squad RB(when we drafted another RB this year) and some pick in the 2010 draft. I suppose if the coaches think Manningham isnt going to pan out liked plan, I wouldnt have a problem giving him up as well with the WRs we drafted this year.

Edit: However this is another BBI rumor and if any of their rumors were true we would of had Edwards twenty times by now.

First, I'd do this deal in a nano-second. Our top 4 receivers would be Edwards, Nicks, Smith, and Barden. Are you kidding me? And we still have Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Brown. To me, it's a no-brainer... as long as we can sign Edwards. Make the deal contingent on a signed contract extension for Braylon, and the Giants are big winners in this deal.

I really think Edwards would take 6 million or whatever and go with it..

i'd cream my pants.

also, someone mentioned Ware being Ward's replacement. I think that falls more to Andre Brown, hence making Ware expendable.

But I highly doubt Braylon would take only 6 million dollars a season. I think we'd have to feel lucky if he signed for $8 mil per.

that's the number I think Reese holds at. I don't see him going a penny over

that's the number I think Reese holds at. I don't see him going a penny over

If the number you are saying is $6 million then Braylon will never be a Giant. That is far below market value for a receiver of his caliber.