SportsWrath

Thoughts on new Edwards rumor

echochamber

heh, I sure remember...but I still miss the talented but inconsistant ol' bastard :wub:

Yah the fact that it was like having a basketball center play WR for us kind of made up for it, lol.

Not surprising really. So-Cal said Dwayne Jarrett will be the next Randy Moss. :rolleyes:

Well, So Cal says some intelligent stuff, and I even agree with Jack on some stuff...but this just reminds me of when some people thought Anthony Mix was the next Plaxico Burress. Ware is a practice squad RB, for Christ sake! If the Giants had no doubt he could be their #3 this year, they wouldn't have drafted Andre Brown.

Well, So Cal says some intelligent stuff, and I even agree with Jack on some stuff...but this just reminds me of when some people thought Anthony Mix was the next Plaxico Burress. Ware is a practice squad RB, for Christ sake! If the Giants had no doubt he could be their #3 this year, they wouldn't have drafted Andre Brown.

That's a pretty poor argument when they were clearly going for the best value on the board for most of the draft. We know less about Brown than we do Ware.

That's a pretty poor argument when they were clearly going for the best value on the board for most of the draft. We know less about Brown than we do Ware.

Okay, you can trade Ahmad Bradshaw with So Cal and Jackstroud. I, and the rest of the board will take Ahmad and Andre Brown as our 2nd and 3rd RBs, as opposed to an undrafted running back who has been on two teams practice squads and has accumulated a whopping 2 NFL touches. :blink:

I thought I was supposed to be the contrarian of this board?

Andre Brown was drafted in the 4th round and obviously was actually scouted by the Giants as opposed to being plucked off a team's practice squad to be on our practice squad to fill a hole for depth. I'd say we know quite a bit more about Andre Brown than Danny Ware...unless you witness practice squad practices.

I didn't say I wanted to trade Bradshaw over Ware, I said your argument was weak.

Good counterpoints, LMAO.

The argument is strong in this one.

Give them Bradshaw, and I'm on board. Ware, no way.

Personally I liked what I saw from Ware. I think Ahmad brings another dimension to our running game... and I wouldn't want to mess with what we have... if it's not broken.. don't fix it.

So let me get this straight.

Trade a running back who mind you, has had success in this league as a change of pace

back for Brandon Jacobs (see, Playoffs 2007) and yet you want to trade him for what Danny

Ware MIGHT become. The Danny Ware who has had 2 professional carries in an NFL game.

This really takes the cake, infact..it takes the whole fucking bakery.

LMAO, right on GG..

Danny Ware has more potential than any other Giants RB because he's the complete package

Big guy, power, speed, shifty, good hands, and can block

Jacobs is neither shifty or particularly fast

Bradshaw is small but powerful, not sure he has hands for the screen

Jacobs has hands of concrete

I predict Danny Ware will be a pro bowl back in this league.......basically from what I saw last summer

We let another one of our RBs go to GB in a crazy deal like this, and he went right to the Pro Bowl........lets not repeat that mistake thinking a Rookie can do it out of college

WOAHHHH

Jack are you trying to say Ware is a better running back then BRANDON JACOBS?

Idc how FAST or how much of good hands ware has, Jacobs is the BEST powerback in the NFL..one of the best the NFL has ever seen, and we lucked out when we drafted this beast........IN THE 4TH ROUND.

WOAHHHH

Jack are you trying to say Ware is a better running back then BRANDON JACOBS?

Idc how FAST or how much of good hands ware has, Jacobs is the BEST powerback in the NFL..one of the best the NFL has ever seen, and we lucked out when we drafted this beast........IN THE 4TH ROUND.

I like Jacobs but he is not a breakaway runner. He also has a propensity to come up short on 2nd and 3rd and short around mid-field..............and he often gets nicked up and is then not able to fully execute the mission

How did you like the Ryan Grant story........wanna repeat it?

I merely said Ware has the POTENTIAL to be our best RB. From what we've seen so far he looks even better than Ryan Grant did at this point.....

frankly with Grant and Ward gone we STILL have the best RB group in the NFL

I want to keep it that way..........I also do not want to lose Manningham

Guest MyKiwisTucked

Get Jerry on da ring ring yo! I'll be puliin dis off in a thump thump homie Dayum!

I like Jacobs but he is not a breakaway runner. He also has a propensity to come up short on 2nd and 3rd and short around mid-field..............and he often gets nicked up and is then not able to fully execute the mission

How did you like the Ryan Grant story........wanna repeat it?

I merely said Ware has the POTENTIAL to be our best RB. From what we've seen so far he looks even better than Ryan Grant did at this point.....

frankly with Grant and Ward gone we STILL have the best RB group in the NFL

I want to keep it that way..........I also do not want to lose Manningham

I'm not ignoring the fact that Ware could be a Ward kinda rb, but even WARD wasn't gonna be a 1st string to Jacobs..jacobs is just too much of a beast to be put on 2nd string.

I'm not ignoring the fact that Ware could be a Ward kinda rb, but even WARD wasn't gonna be a 1st string to Jacobs..jacobs is just too much of a beast to be put on 2nd string.

start schmart.........who cares who starts

frankly Jacobs best attribute is punishing defenses (and himself in the process) Ward showed last year he was our best back.....just not good enough comparative to the others to pay him megabucks

Ware runs bigger than Ward.......he has a bigger frame

having said that Ward was a wonderful back and a wonderful teammate

he will be missed

yeah the ryan grant story. there was no room for him on a superbowl winning team, we really look stupid on that one.

brandon jacobs is definitely fast too, just because he's a bruiser doesn't mean he's slow--he's not.

Obviously the Giants thoughlt Jacobs was a better back..that's why they resigned him and didn't resign Ward.

I dont think it went that way.....they see Jacobs as a punisher

the stats show Ward was the better back last year

Jacobs is not valued as much as a back as he is a battering ram........somthing no one else in the NFL really has

he wears down the opponents and then we bring in fresh legs to destroy them

Ward was not a batterer

The bad thing about rumors.. this kindda bullshit. the good thing.. gives us something to talk about... in this rather boring period.

So you mean to tell me the Browns didn't want our 2nd and 5th but will take Ware and whoever?