SportsWrath

I wonder

boohyah

No matter what we do in the draft either trade up or trade out of the 1st, if Percy Harvin is available, will we invoke our "best athlete available" credo. According to Mike Mayock, Crabtree and Harvin are the best athlete's in the draft and that Harvin was the best workout he had seen this year. We know Crabtree will be off the boards as Money has proven with his "mathematics", but Harvin is slipping big time and just got busted for marajauna at the combine and his past is more than flaky.

No matter what we do in the draft either trade up or trade out of the 1st, if Percy Harvin is available, will we invoke our "best athlete available" credo. According to Mike Mayock, Crabtree and Harvin are the best athlete's in the draft and that Harvin was the best workout he had seen this year. We know Crabtree will be off the boards as Money has proven with his "mathematics", but Harvin is slipping big time and just got busted for marajauna at the combine and his past is more than flaky.

Harvin is an interesting case. His stock seems to be falling, but whoever does get him will certainly have a real weapon. The guy will be able to return punts and you can move him around, hand him the ball, throw it to him, and with his quickness he can go the distance anytime. I'm not pulling for the Giants to draft him, but it would be interesting to see what he would do if they did.

Harvin is an interesting case. His stock seems to be falling, but whoever does get him will certainly have a real weapon. The guy will be able to return punts and you can move him around, hand him the ball, throw it to him, and with his quickness he can go the distance anytime. I'm not pulling for the Giants to draft him, but it would be interesting to see what he would do if they did.

That's what I'm thinking. He supposedly does everything on offense. We're looking for a wideout and he is one. Mayock was saying he's falling into the 2nd round. He's also saying Hicks/Britt and co are looking like they'll go around 26-39. If those guys are on the board alongside Harvin, well that's going to be interesting.

That's what I'm thinking. He supposedly does everything on offense. We're looking for a wideout and he is one. Mayock was saying he's falling into the 2nd round. He's also saying Hicks/Britt and co are looking like they'll go around 26-39. If those guys are on the board alongside Harvin, well that's going to be interesting.

If he has been busted for marijuana then Harvin isn't going to be drafted by the Giants in the first round. I think the Giants will try and steer clear of any player's with possible issues.

If he has been busted for marijuana then Harvin isn't going to be drafted by the Giants in the first round. I think the Giants will try and steer clear of any player's with possible issues.

Well free agency pickups this season throw that theory out the window, and the whole Plaxico issue had less to do with his behaviour as opposed to his refusal to renegotiate.

Wasn't Manningham nailed for marry-j usage? Thats why his stock fell in the draft.

NFL Live on ESPN just reported Harvin tested positive for marijuana during the combine.

If a guy gets caught during the combine, then his problem is worse than just doing drugs....he's friggin stupid. Everyone knows they are going to be tested...EVERYONE. If a guy can't stay off the stuff for a couple of weeks before the biggest event of his life that will make or break his entire career....then he's just plain stupid.

Completely ignoring Harvins off the field issues...

Do we really need another 5'11 receiver?

The only exception I would make is maybe if we have the chance to trade for Jeremy Maclyn who is 6'0.

Good point. We have enough little guys.