SportsWrath

PLAX RELEASED

Lubeck

We cut Burress because he was too old

Who knew

How old is the gunslinger?

I guess he also shot burress in the leg with an unregistered handgun while in a public nightclub in new york. GOD DAMN YOU COUGHLIN!

Jack please slit your wrist.

This has Coughlin's thumbprints all over it

He pushed out Tiki, Toomer, Shockey, and now Burress......also refused to even consider bringing back Strahan when Osi went down

Coughlin has now gotten rid of anyone who had the audacity to speak back to him

He is THE KING........we'll see how the king does now that he has gotten all he asked for.

Bellicheck operates under pretty much the same atmosphere and thrives so we'll see......Bellicheck also has Brady

id love to see you back up your "refused to even consider bringing back strahan" comment with some proof

This was so obvious, especially after a plea was not copped earlier this week.

My thoughts exactly. The Giants absolutely needed to know what the future held for Plax before the draft. Plax and his lawyer wouldn't accept the plea deal and said basically, "we'll talk about it again in June" AFTER THE FRIGGIN DRAFT!!!

The Giants brass has given Plax every opportunity to clean up his act and would keep him even after he does some short time, but Plax doesn't want to do "short time" and now no one knows his future status. IMO, The Giants had no choice because they must know where they stand before the draft and while trade opportunities exists.

Truth is....I like Plax. He's a helluva reciever. But he did everything in his power to make sure the Giants' brass could no longer deal with his crazy behavior off field. So long Plax.....it was nice while it lasted.

He pushed out Tiki, Toomer, Shockey, and now Burress......also refused to even consider bringing back Strahan when Osi went down

He is THE KING........we'll see how the king does now that he has gotten all he asked for.

Bellicheck operates under pretty much the same atmosphere and thrives so we'll see......Bellicheck also has Brady

Back any of those accusations up with facts and we might give you some leeway to talk.

Jack, you are just talking out of your fucking ass. "He pushed out Tiki?" Really, because it seems

the only thing that pushed Tiki out was Tiki.

"Pushed out Toomer?" Why, because Toomer said so? Please, give me a fucking break. Toomer was in the

last year of his contract at the age of 34, what team wants a 34 year old receiver who has diminishing speed

and is at this point of his career no more than a 3rd or 4th receiver on a team.

"Pushed out Shockey?" Hmm..really. Again, the only person who pushed Shockey out of town was you guessed

it, Jeremy Shockey. It speaks volumes that the Giants traded him AFTER the draft last year..seems to me

that they wanted to keep him around. Shockey wanted out and the Giants gave him his wish. Now they have a

Tight end who catches every thing thrown to him and shuts his mouth.

Refused to bring Strahan back?! Are you fucking kidding me? Reese and Co. called Strahan up and

asked him point blank if he wanted to come back, Strahan said "No." He left on top and it's hard to blame him.

Holy jumping jack fish, Batman.

Well pretty much means we're either:

1.Trading for a WR, maybe the Edwards talk with the Browns have picked up

OR

2.They have some WR in the draft that their really high on.

Unfortunately, it doesn't mean either of those things. It really means that Plax more or less refused to make the behavioral concessions the team asked for (his dissatisfaction stemmed from the team recouping his bonus money). Factor in the adjounment of his legal case, and his fate was pretty much sealed...

Unfortunately, it doesn't mean either of those things. It really means that Plax more or less refused to make the behavioral concessions the team asked for (his dissatisfaction stemmed from the team recouping his bonus money). Factor in the adjounment of his legal case, and his fate was pretty much sealed...

however, there's a good chance that 1 of those 2 scenarios (probably #1) that canada laid out will happen out of necessity.

however, there's a good chance that 1 of those 2 scenarios (probably #1) that canada laid out will happen out of necessity.

They're each potential results, but neither motivated the decision to release Plax.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/20...hance-to-s.html

April 3, 2009

Burress rejected a chance to stay

Plaxico Burress was given one last chance to salvage his career with the Giants, but he refused to sign a new contract the team offered him before his arbitration hearing last week.

According to two sources familiar with the situation, the Giants - - in an attempt to settle their arbitration case with the troubled receiver - - offered the 31-year-old Burress a new deal that would’ve given him the chance to remain with the team at least through the 2009 season. The new deal would’ve nullified the rest of the five-year, $35 million contract he signed in September and would’ve kept the two sides out of arbitration.

Burress and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, flatly rejected the offer, as they had all attempts by the Giants to settle, sources said.

Rosenhaus did not immediately return a call and e-mails seeking comment, and it’s not clear exactly what the terms of the offer were. It was likely much less than the $11.5 million in salaries Burress was due over the next four years under his current deal.

The Giants, according to one team source, took his refusal to accept their offer as yet another sign of Burress’ refusal to change and to work with the team to return under their terms. As a result, the arbitration hearing over the $1 million payment the Giants’ withheld and the status of all the future escalators and bonuses in Burress’ contract, took place as scheduled on Wednesday morning.

Two days later, Burress was cut.

Just his thumbprints?

New York Giants offered all of Plaxico Burress' future money in proposed grievance settlement

by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

Friday April 03, 2009, 8:03 PM

Andrew Mills/The Star-LedgerPlaxico Burress turned down the chance to earn the $29.5 million he had coming to him on his original contract because he didn't want to be a Giant anymore.

I mentioned earlier the Giants were willing to make a deal with Plaxico Burress to avoid a hearing with the NFL's special master on whether the team violated the collective bargaining agreement by withholding a $1 million payment of his signing bonus and claiming he defaulted on future roster bonuses and guarantees.

Well, I've gotten the details of the offer and it turns out it was a pretty sweet deal for Burress. And the fact that he turned it down shows you how much he really didn't want to be a Giant anymore.

According to someone familiar with the negotiations, the team offered Burress the chance to earn all of the money that was written into his contract from here on out. All he had to do was end his fight for the money he forfeited over the last four weeks of last season (base salary, roster bonus and signing bonus) during which he was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team" and start playing by their rules.

It's unclear if the full $1 million signing bonus payment the Giants withheld would have been considered part of the defaulted money or if the team would have held on to only the prorated portion for the four weeks he was suspended (a little more than $200,000) and paid him the rest.

But what is clear, according to the people familiar with the team's offer, is the Giants would have allowed Burress the opportunity to earn the remaining four years on his deal: $11.5 million in base salaries, $3.5 million in reporting bonuses (which are actually behavioral clauses), $8.2 million in roster bonuses, $5 million in escalators and $1.3 million in workout bonuses. That's a grand total of $29.5 million that was out there to be earned.

The Giants would have packaged the deal in the form of a new contract and there might have been a penny lost or gained here and there. But they were willing to work with him and give him the chance to make roughly what he could have earned over the next four years if he hadn't blown a hole in his leg last November.

But Burress said no. Again, he didn't feel like he owed the team anything. Nor did he want to wear a Giants uniform ever again.

The real question for Burress at this point is whether he believes he can get anywhere near that kind of money over the next four years from another team - provided his legal situation works out, of course.

MG

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/04...ll_of.html#more

Holy jumping jack fish, Batman.

Well pretty much means we're either:

1.Trading for a WR, maybe the Edwards talk with the Browns have picked up

OR

2.They have some WR in the draft that their really high on.

I highly doubt the 2nd point is valid. Releasing a star for a rookie is highly unlikely. I think the Giants have all but inked a start WR. Tough luck for Plax. I really thought they'd give him another chance.

I'm reading rumors on others boards that ESPN radio is claiming the Giants are really close to signing Boldin. I've read that now on two separate boards. If true, that's cool but I would rather have Edwards out of the two and of course C.Johnson is a pipe dream...anything could happen though.

I'm reading rumors on others boards that ESPN radio is claiming the Giants are really close to signing Boldin. I've read that now on two separate boards. If true, that's cool but I would rather have Edwards out of the two and of course C.Johnson is a pipe dream...anything could happen though.

Unless we give Detroit all of our draft picks in the next five years, they would never trade C.Johnson. The guy is the only good player they have.

No shit, and the format is awful. Makes my eyes hurt.

its funny- i've met a couple of the bbi guys out here socially and they are super nice. but when they get together on that board, the playground bully comes out in them.