SportsWrath

If Warner and AZ lose does Kurt still make the HOF ?

Martin

3 SB appearances with two teams in 10 years? Plus, he already has one win under his belt. And he's won league MVP twice.

How do you keep him out? :unsure:

If getting to the SB gets you into the HoF then Charles Haley should of been in along time ago.

Warner is a good QB but it would take a really weak ballet to get him in at this point. If he wins the Superbowl and has another season or two like 2008 he would get alot better consideration but as it stands he isnt getting in.

If getting to the SB gets you into the HoF then Charles Haley should of been in along time ago.

Warner is a good QB but it would take a really weak ballet to get him in at this point. If he wins the Superbowl and has another season or two like 2008 he would get alot better consideration but as it stands he isnt getting in.

He's a lock in my opinion after bringing the Arizona Cardinals to the superbowl We're talking about a team who has barely sniffed the playoffs in its entire history. 3rd superbowl appearance, multiple MVP honors and a superbowl winner. If Peyton keeps going one and done and is already a lock to be a first ballot HOF with one ring (yes I know he has put up sick stats) then Warner has to be a lock.

the dog has to say he should get in...3 super bowl appearances (winning at least 1) with two different teams. 3rd all time in passer rating. 2nd most accurate passer statistically ever. and what the dog finds interesting, is that in his career, he has started every game for a team only 3 seasons, and in all 3 seasons, that team went to the super bowl (he was the MVP of the league in two of those seasons, and could have been this year)...

How about if you're also MVP of one of them?

I'm not saying he's the best ever, but he was the starting QB of one of the greatest offenses in NFL history and has done everything mentioned earlier. You're not going to confuse him with Elway, but he is belongs in the same hall as Jim Kelly and Joe Namath.

he probably does with his numbers but it's pretty clear he's a system qb

To be honest I never understood the system QB thing!

Once a QB gets comfortable with his offensive system

and accels in it is he a system QB? Can we just plug in

anyone in AZ and get the same results?

I guess I dont understand what it is.

Pardon my ignorance Admiral. Maybe you can help me here.

a system is 2 stud WR's and a decent offensive line.

Yeah I think Kurt Warner gets in regardless of the outcome of this super bowl. He won't be remembered as the QB who lost the super bowl but the one who took the perennial losers to the super bowl. Then there is the time he spent with the Rams and the way he broke into the NFL through NFL Europe.

Kurt Warner is an excellent first ballot candidate for the HOF.

a system is 2 stud WR's and a decent offensive line.

Then Lienart is a complete and utter bust. Anyway he isn't top 20 in any stats except passer rating. He will get a few more years with Arizona after this year I am sure and as long as he doesn't suck then he will get some consideration; should crack a few top 20 stats also.

meaning if he doesn't play on a team that is loaded with offensive weapons and employs timing patterns he looks like he did when he played for us

meaning if he doesn't play on a team that is loaded with offensive weapons and employs timing patterns he looks like he did when he played for us

So to take it a step further a QB that is under no real pressure

to execute. A Qb that gets rid of the ball quickly who throws

to great wide outs with a good running game. Take that same

QB with alot less talent and more pressure and he is mediocre.

I dont buy that Warner is a system QB in fact with the Giants

he didnt know our system that well to begin with and the Giants

Oline got a lot better under Eli. I would even go as far to say

that with todays current team Warner would have made alot of throws

that Eli hasnt made. I love Eli but he is not one of the most accurate

passes of our time.

I think Warner gets a bad rap because he had bruce and holt

and faulk. Warner is much better than a "system Qb" and will

make the HOF in my opinion.

passes of our time.

:clap:

passes of our time.

i think it's the systems he played under that give him the rep of a 'fast release qb'. it's no coincidence that the number of sacks we gave up went down considerably once eli took over for warner. a big complaint everyone had with him when he was on the giants was that he held onto the ball too long. let's face it, the guy has played with one of the greatest rb's of all time and two of the top (if not THE top) wr tandems of the past decade. when he wasn't on an offense that was as loaded as STL or ARZ he played like crap--in fact his play was so bad he was benched despite us having a winning record and coming off a 4-12 season with no expectations that year. but i agree, his numbers are good enough to get him in the hall of fame

but i agree, his numbers are good enough to get him in the hall of fame

Stats wise he isn't top 20 anything except passer rating. Probably he'll make it, I doubt first ballott unless it's weak, because of his MVPs and 3 SBs. If Arizona gives him 3 more years and he plays decent then he should break into the top 20 on most stats though.

Stats wise he isn't top 20 anything except passer rating. Probably he'll make it, I doubt first ballott unless it's weak, because of his MVPs and 3 SBs. If Arizona gives him 3 more years and he plays decent then he should break into the top 20 on most stats though.

yeah his cumulative numbers aren't up there thanks to how few games he's played but i was just talking about how great his numbers have been in his good seasons plus what he's accomplished so far (super bowl, mvps, etc)

i think it's the systems he played under that give him the rep of a 'fast release qb'. it's no coincidence that the number of sacks we gave up went down considerably once eli took over for warner. a big complaint everyone had with him when he was on the giants was that he held onto the ball too long. let's face it, the guy has played with one of the greatest rb's of all time and two of the top (if not THE top) wr tandems of the past decade. when he wasn't on an offense that was as loaded as STL or ARZ he played like crap--in fact his play was so bad he was benched despite us having a winning record and coming off a 4-12 season with no expectations that year. but i agree, his numbers are good enough to get him in the hall of fame

Your right you cannot despute the talent the Kurt had.

I guess my definition of a system qb doesnt add up to be

Warner. I think of a game manager type qb's real good

running game , excellent D. They doesnt have to thow

too much and when they do its short to intermediate routes.

You can plug almost anyone in. Ravens Trent Dilfer comes to mind.