SportsWrath

Cowboys intrested in Ray Lewis?

RandolphScott

Balitmore Sun- Ravens Insider

Word around the NFL is that the Dallas Cowboys are very interested in obtaining Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis if he becomes a free agent. The speculation is that the Cowboys are willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

Dallas owner Jerry Jones believes his team is in the serious hunt for a Super Bowl title next season, and that Lewis could help solve some of the team's problems inside the locker room.

The Ravens are expected to begin negotiations with Lewis, who is in the last year of his contract, as soon as the season is over. Fellow linebackers Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs are also in the final years of their contracts.

Suggs' decision to play against the Steelers was a courageous one. Oh, and by the way, he happened to come up with two big sacks.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

please get Ray Lewis so I can see Jacobs intimidate his ass twice a year, just like he did last year when he ran that murderring thus over like a freight train.

BTW Ravens Insider? Do not think for one second this was not floated out there by Lewis himself in hopes of getting a new deal.

please get Ray Lewis so I can see Jacobs intimidate his ass twice a year, just like he did last year when he ran that murderring thus over like a freight train.

BTW Ravens Insider? Do not think for one second this was not floated out there by Lewis himself in hopes of getting a new deal.

I have never seen a criminal so bereft of hope as I saw Lewis' mug after being steam rolled by Jacobs. I guess he thought he was still playing the 2000 Super Bowl Giants...lol.

Fuck OJ...that is kids stuff...this guy literally got away with conspiracy murder, along with the rest of the faggots that were involved.

yeah and he was the only one who ws charged with anything, obstruction of justice. The other idiots got away for lack of evidence.

What if the Giants try to get him instead?

Fuck OJ...that is kids stuff...this guy literally got away with conspiracy murder, along with the rest of the faggots that were involved.

forgive the dog if he is misunderstanding the above statement, but perhaps you could explain that comment??

The dog can read right....its called irony and sarcasm. Back on ignore for you oh third person arbiter of taste.

oh relax already - the dog was asking for clarifcation...the sarcasm the dog gets, the irony, not so much (unless the cowboys had previously signed OJ to be a MLB and released him due to his crminal activity)...anyway, the dog had admitted to possibly misunderstanding your statement, and was simply asking to clarify before responding inappropriately. It was no attack on you - if the dog was going to poke fun at you, it would be more centered around asking what the over-under will be set at for next season's first Giant game day thread for the number of posts before you start to cry about unfair officiating...the dog is guessing it will be set at 4, and the dog is inclined to take the under...

Cowboys are really trying to buy a ring these days... Anyways let them throw 10 mil a year at a guy whos approaching his mid 30s. Im more than happy to have that deal go through.

This "buying" a ring theory that is floated on this board from time to time is just silly. Many of the Cowboys core players are guys they actually drafted (Newman, Ware, James, Canty, Burnett, Spears, Spencer, Scandrick, Ellis, on offense Witten, Barber, Choice, Crayton, Austin, Folk, Bennet, Jones to name a few). Romo they initially signed for peanuts.

Is it now a crime or some sign of weakness to actually sign a FA? Were the Giants buying a ring when they signed Burress? Will they be trying to buy a ring if they sign Bolden, or should I call him, TO Jr?

Actually, the TO, Pacman, Thomas, and Tank signings were not that bad from a risk/reward prospective. You can't look at any one of these guys and say that Dallas did not win a Superbowl the last couple of years because of something that anyone of these guys, or any combination of these guys, did not did not do either on or off the field. Pacman, Thomas, and Tank will be gone. TO may be gone.

All that being said, I don't want the Cowboys to sign Lewis. Not because of his past. I don't believe that he will make their defense much better.

This "buying" a ring theory that is floated on this board from time to time is just silly. Many of the Cowboys core players are guys they actually drafted (Newman, Ware, James, Canty, Burnett, Spears, Spencer, Scandrick, Ellis, on offense Witten, Barber, Choice, Crayton, Austin, Folk, Bennet, Jones to name a few). Romo they initially signed for peanuts.

Is it now a crime or some sign of weakness to actually sign a FA? Were the Giants buying a ring when they signed Burress? Will they be trying to buy a ring if they sign Bolden, or should I call him, TO Jr?

Actually, the TO, Pacman, Thomas, and Tank signings were not that bad from a risk/reward prospective. You can't look at any one of these guys and say that Dallas did not win a Superbowl the last couple of years because of something that anyone of these guys, or any combination of these guys, did not did not do either on or off the field. Pacman, Thomas, and Tank will be gone. TO may be gone.

All that being said, I don't want the Cowboys to sign Lewis. Not because of his past. I don't believe that he will make their defense much better.

I don't think its fair to call Boldin a T.O. Jr. . What Boldin did Sunday is something that T.O. does on a regular basis. The guy consistently is yelling at his coaches and players, has called a former qb gay, accused another qb of being jealous of him and the reason for him being suspended and eventually released from Philadelphia, seemed to care more about his superbowl stats than the team losing, got into a fist fight with a teammate in Philadelphia, accused Tony Romo and Jason Witten of conspiring against him and creating their own plays, etc... etc... It is unfair to compare Owens to anybody else who has ever played the game. He is a selfish player who puts himself before the team, thinks he is God's greatest gift, and in all likelihood suffers from a personality disorder of sorts.

I don't think its fair to call Boldin a T.O. Jr. . What Boldin did Sunday is something that T.O. does on a regular basis. The guy consistently is yelling at his coaches and players, has called a former qb gay, accused another qb of being jealous of him and the reason for him being suspended and eventually released from Philadelphia, seemed to care more about his superbowl stats than the team losing, got into a fist fight with a teammate in Philadelphia, accused Tony Romo and Jason Witten of conspiring against him and creating their own plays, etc... etc... It is unfair to compare Owens to anybody else who has ever played the game. He is a selfish player who puts himself before the team, thinks he is God's greatest gift, and in all likelihood suffers from a personality disorder of sorts.

Actually Boldin is a odd case, the team is losing and he is happy as can be, he's Mr.#1 WR. As soon as they start winning he wants out and isnt happy with his role, seriously he's a fucking oddity.

Sorry, while I am not a big fan of TO, whining to the offensive coordinator at THAT point of THAT game is a new low, and basically refusing to take part in the celebration is one for the record books. How do you ever make this guy happy?

As far as TO's record in Dallas goes, at least he has kept his mouth shut for the most part when the team was winning. Remarkably, most of the time he whined this year the things that he was trying to say, in my opinion, were on the money. It's the way in which TO chooses to voice his displeasure, at least in Dallas, that is the major problem.

Great idea: Zach Thomas and Ray Lewis, maybe they can get Carl Banks too.

This is why Dallas is stupid, if it's true. My guess is that it's not going to happen. I think Baltimore sees Ray's legacy firmly in hand as a Raven and I'm guessing this season's made Ray appreciate Baltimore again.

Something tells me it's not totally about the money for Ray.

Actually Boldin is a odd case, the team is losing and he is happy as can be, he's Mr.#1 WR. As soon as they start winning he wants out and isnt happy with his role, seriously he's a fucking oddity.

the dog agrees 100%. the shame of it is, his stock had to be as high as it could get, with the type of season he had, and coming back from the facial injury as well as he did...he was a key contributor to that team's success, and now, with these antics, he has taken diminshed his success to a degree...strange indeed...

Great idea: Zach Thomas and Ray Lewis, maybe they can get Carl Banks too.

This is why Dallas is stupid, if it's true. My guess is that it's not going to happen. I think Baltimore sees Ray's legacy firmly in hand as a Raven and I'm guessing this season's made Ray appreciate Baltimore again.

Something tells me it's not totally about the money for Ray.

I thought they were going to bring back Charles Hailey and Ed "too tall" Jones to secur up that D-line

Ray Lewis would scream himself hoarse his first day at training camp with all those loafers and crybabies. Seriously, Egg- you can't be happy with the goings on in Big D. Only Al Davis saves Jerry from being the most meddlesome owner in the league.

Ray Lewis would scream himself hoarse his first day at training camp with all those loafers and crybabies. Seriously, Egg- you can't be happy with the goings on in Big D. Only Al Davis saves Jerry from being the most meddlesome owner in the league.

Jerry is not Al Davis but you are correct in that I don't like some of the things that I am reading, provided it's all true. On the other hand, even if it is true, it should not take rocket science to fix this team this offseason. So I will remain optimistic for now. One thing is for sure: They need to be make the correct decisions this offseason. There is no room for error.