SportsWrath

Cowboys intrested in Ray Lewis?

RandolphScott

Great idea: Zach Thomas and Ray Lewis, maybe they can get Carl Banks too.

This is why Dallas is stupid, if it's true. My guess is that it's not going to happen. I think Baltimore sees Ray's legacy firmly in hand as a Raven and I'm guessing this season's made Ray appreciate Baltimore again.

Something tells me it's not totally about the money for Ray.

What a slap in the face to Carl Banks.

funny,"slap in the face." I think we can gain some strong consensus that Ray Lewis is the goods, maybe the one of the top 3 ever at LB...either side or middle. He's a leader, a winner and he ain't bad in coverage. He's played in a variety of schemes and has won a SB. .. I think that qualifies. The Ravens aren't letting him go and I would be shocked if he wasnt' one of thier lifers.

funny,"slap in the face." I think we can gain some strong consensus that Ray Lewis is the goods, maybe the one of the top 3 ever at LB...either side or middle. He's a leader, a winner and he ain't bad in coverage. He's played in a variety of schemes and has won a SB. .. I think that qualifies. The Ravens aren't letting him go and I would be shocked if he wasnt' one of thier lifers.

The Ray Lewis stuff sounds like complete BS. The Cowboys don't have the cap room to pay him what this article alleges they would pay him. And they have more dire needs than LB.

I'd have to say a big no! and who drafts two freaking RBs in the same draft when you have Marion Barber as your starter....judging by these picks your team is in a downslide.

2008 - Dallas Cowboys

Rd Sel # Player Position School

1 22 Felix Jones RB Arkansas

1 25 Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

2 61 Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M

4 122 Tashard Choice RB Georgia Tech

5 143 Orlando Scandrick CB Boise State

6 167 Erik Walden DE Middle Tennessee State

2007 - Dallas Cowboys

1 26 Anthony Spencer OLB Purdue

3 67 James Marten OT Boston College

4 103 Isaiah Stanback WR Washington

4 122 Doug Free OT Northern Illinois

6 178 Nick Folk K Arizona

6 195 Deon Anderson FB Connecticut

7 212 Courtney Brown CB Cal Poly-S.L.O.

7 237 Alan Ball CB Illinois

I'd have to say a big no! and who drafts two freaking RBs in the same draft when you have Marion Barber as your starter....judging by these picks your team is in a downslide.

2008 - Dallas Cowboys

1 22 Felix Jones RB Arkansas

1 25 Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

2 61 Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M

4 122 Tashard Choice RB Georgia Tech

5 143 Orlando Scandrick CB Boise State

6 167 Erik Walden DE Middle Tennessee State

2007 - Dallas Cowboys

1 26 Anthony Spencer OLB Purdue

3 67 James Marten OT Boston College

4 103 Isaiah Stanback WR Washington

4 122 Doug Free OT Northern Illinois

6 178 Nick Folk K Arizona

6 195 Deon Anderson FB Connecticut

7 212 Courtney Brown CB Cal Poly-S.L.O.

7 237 Alan Ball CB Illinois

It's impossible to fully judge drafts after just 1 or 2 years but I would say last year looks pretty good. The first 5 guys in 2008 all have a chance to be very good. As far as drafting two RBs, I would say that worked out well as they were forced to use all 3 this season. If Choice gets better, I hope they keep all 3 because Barber's runnning style makes him more of an injury risk than most backs.

In the event you haven't noticed the Giants were paying 3 good RBs last year and this year as well. Have you watched any football these past two seasons? Ward gets hurt, Jacobs and Bradshaw carry the load. Jacobs gets hurt, and you have two reliable options. Not a bad strategy...

I see 4 guys in the Cowboys 2007 draft who are, or who could be pretty good as well. Wouldn't say that these drafts are the mark of a team on the downslide. If they do bottom out, it will not be because of these drafts. In fact, some of Parcell's draft decisions piss me off more than these two drafts. But that is another story.

It's impossible to fully judge drafts after just 1 or 2 years but I would say last year looks pretty good. The first 5 guys in 2008 all have a chance to be very good. As far as drafting two RBs, I would say that worked out well as they were forced to use all 3 this season. If Choice gets better, I hope they keep all 3 because Barber's runnning style makes him more of an injury risk than most backs.

In the event you haven't noticed the Giants were paying 3 good RBs last year and this year as well. Have you watched any football these past two seasons? Ward gets hurt, Jacobs and Bradshaw carry the load. Jacobs gets hurt, and you have two reliable options. Not a bad strategy...

I see 4 guys in the Cowboys 2007 draft who are, or who could be pretty good as well. Wouldn't say that these drafts are the mark of a team on the downslide. If they do bottom out, it will not be because of these drafts. In fact, some of Parcell's draft decisions piss me off more than these two drafts. But that is another story.

they didn't draft them in the same year numbnuts

your team is over rated and they proved it again this year...all the hopeful wishing in the world won't change that....your best players are left overs from Parcells and in Jone's history without Parcells he has shown he can't draft....get used to the cellar for a while.

they didn't draft them in the same year numbnuts

your team is over rated and they proved it again this year...all the hopeful wishing in the world won't change that....your best players are left overs from Parcells and in Jone's history without Parcells he has shown he can't draft....get used to the cellar for a while.

the dog wonders why it would matter when they were drafted. the dog thinks that if you have the opportunity to bring in additional backs, and as a team you feel it necessary, than you make that move. the dog would guess a team like the broncos, that went through 7 starting running backs due to injury in hindsight would have liked to draft additional backs that they felt had talent. don't let your disdain for a rival team cloud good judgement.

the dog wonders why it would matter when they were drafted. the dog thinks that if you have the opportunity to bring in additional backs, and as a team you feel it necessary, than you make that move. the dog would guess a team like the broncos, that went through 7 starting running backs due to injury in hindsight would have liked to draft additional backs that they felt had talent. don't let your disdain for a rival team cloud good judgement.

the pod thinks the dog is a dope for writing in 3rd person...the pod things the dog should get a new schtick and move away from referring to himself