SportsWrath

1st and 5

Virginia Giant

And you don't run once? I don't care who had final say in that series, we drive down the field, they can't stop Jacobs and you throw on 1st and 5 and 2nd and 5?

Most bone headed play calling ever.

..and it gave the Eagles time to get down the field.

Thank God there are not too many run only coordinators left out there then....because we need a 60-40 split. More intermediate passing to the backs and the tight end. And a go to guy who is tall and come down with the contested catch.

So Cassell without Welker? Maybe we should get Sproles.

So Cassell without Welker? Maybe we should get Sproles.

Just frustration talking here Bro....probably our only real option is to bring back Al Capone AKA Plaxico Burress. As Pdouble pointed out there are not that many options out there for leading WR. And as far as OC's go...what can we do. But we just upped his (Plaxico) asshole factor by showing we struggle without him. We either treat him like an LT with one set of rules for him and another set for everyone else; or we find some way of reaching into his enigmatic brain (what there is of it) and find out what motivates him. An unenviable task either way.

Just frustration talking here Bro....probably our only real option is to bring back Al Capone AKA Plaxico Burress. As Pdouble pointed out there are not that many options out there for leading WR. And as far as OC's go...what can we do. But we just upped his (Plaxico) asshole factor by showing we struggle without him. We either treat him like an LT with one set of rules for him and another set for everyone else; or we find some way of reaching into his enigmatic brain (what there is of it) and find out what motivates him. An unenviable task either way.

who knows, maybe the whole incident plus the fear of getting cut and losing 28 mil for a few weeks was the wakeup call he needed. im not optimistic though.

i still think we should bring him back. we'r enot the same w/o him and i dont want to give up the picks necessary to get boldin

The running game could have easily won that game for us. This is what I was talking about when I said 'forcing balance'. What good is balance when you lose?

Thats what kills me, we could have won it with the run game. Fuckin Gilbride goes to the air. :brooding:

i still think we should bring him back. we'r enot the same w/o him and i dont want to give up the picks necessary to get boldin

BTW you were right, I couldn't have been more wrong. No way we can play the same caliber of football without Burress. Even in a bad year for him. The loss shows up everywhere on offense.

BTW you were right, I couldn't have been more wrong. No way we can play the same caliber of football without Burress. Even in a bad year for him. The loss shows up everywhere on offense.

Agreed. It wasnt the same after he left, I have to admit that now.

i think he would've bailed out eli a lot yesterday. if there were someone else out there as good as burress i'd be fine w/ cutting him loose but boldin's gonna cost a lot of picks and while he's arguably better than burress he isn't the same kind of tall receiver who you can just throw it up there with.

personally i thought we should've activated burress for this game. 4 games was enough of a suspension

i think he would've bailed out eli a lot yesterday. if there were someone else out there as good as burress i'd be fine w/ cutting him loose but boldin's gonna cost a lot of picks and while he's arguably better than burress he isn't the same kind of tall receiver who you can just throw it up there with.

personally i thought we should've activated burress for this game. 4 games was enough of a suspension

I agree. A lot of those high throws would've hit him in the hands. You can also see the difference in edge runs and bunch runs.

Was he really able to play at all, though? He did put a bullet in his leg. I have no idea how much damage it caused.

It was only suppose to be a 2 week at most healing time, from what I read it was only a minor graze.

He could of been back easily for the playoffs..oh well.