SportsWrath

Ward would be stupid to go to another team

Lubeck

His success is based on Jacobs priming the defense. Simple as that. He can make a good amount of money here being the compliment to Jacobs.

And Jacobs should recognize that he is not a true #1. His play style does not demand the pay scale a #1 gets. He and Ward should both realize that if they accept reasonable offers and not #1 offers their health and future financial success would be better off than if they went money-hunting.

Pretty much what I think Reese will do.

Let Ward handle 55% of the carries and Jacobs 45%.

Jacobs is a big boy and will never make it to 30 getting the amount of carries he does, still make him the starter...you know the first a couple of opening series but then let Ward come in and change it up for a couple.

I hope that is what they sell to the two of them and they buy it. Their independent success is directly tied to eachother. Ward was given a starting shot while Jacobs was out and did nothing.

LOL

I just saw dr. Evil and mini me (Jacobs and Ward saying to each other at the bargaining table )

"YOU complete me"

:LMAO:

I hope that is what they sell to the two of them and they buy it. Their independent success is directly tied to eachother. Ward was given a starting shot while Jacobs was out and did nothing.

I think, on national tv, against a very good defense, Ward just wrote his mealticket. Money talks, everything else walks. Don't mean to be a downer, but let's just enjoy him while we can.

Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Ware... we are still in good shape.

And you're right, Ward is definitely not as effective without Jacobs softening up the opposing defense, as we've seen in recent weeks.

Jacobs will get him money here... Giants will probably let Ward go.

Of the two Jacobs is who you sign first, which is why I targeted Ward in the topic title. He had 2 games to show his starting capability and came up short. He would be better off signing with the Giants.

Jacobs will get him money here... Giants will probably let Ward go.

With the amount of injury time Jacobs has been seeing I doubt he will be asking for much. Enough to show him that we want him but we wont even come close to breaking the bank for him.

I don't know about Ward...thats an iffy..I think we may even slap a franchise and see if we can get another reasonable year out of him while Bradshaw can try to prove he deserves his spot and see what Ware can do. I think teams realize Ward is a product of having another solid RB and I doubt many teams would want him as a starter...so like I said it's an iffy one.

But I'm optimistic.

His success is based on Jacobs priming the defense. Simple as that. He can make a good amount of money here being the compliment to Jacobs.

And Jacobs should recognize that he is not a true #1. His play style does not demand the pay scale a #1 gets. He and Ward should both realize that if they accept reasonable offers and not #1 offers their health and future financial success would be better off than if they went money-hunting.

oh please got let the saints pick up one of them. I wonder if the Giants front office want Shockey back. I smell a deal! We sign either as a free agent and give the Giants all our draft picks through 2020. It would take the Saints front office that long to realize they didnt have to give up a thing. Seriously though Jacobs would be a perfect fit in our scheme with Reggie Bust and Pierre Thomas

oh please got let the saints pick up one of them. I wonder if the Giants front office want Shockey back. I smell a deal! We sign either as a free agent and give the Giants all our draft picks through 2020. It would take the Saints front office that long to realize they didnt have to give up a thing. Seriously though Jacobs would be a perfect fit in our scheme with Reggie Bust and Pierre Thomas

Jacobs ain't moving. In fact his jersey is the next I buy as soon as they lock him up.

With the amount of injury time Jacobs has been seeing I doubt he will be asking for much. Enough to show him that we want him but we wont even come close to breaking the bank for him.

I don't know about Ward...thats an iffy..I think we may even slap a franchise and see if we can get another reasonable year out of him while Bradshaw can try to prove he deserves his spot and see what Ware can do. I think teams realize Ward is a product of having another solid RB and I doubt many teams would want him as a starter...so like I said it's an iffy one.

But I'm optimistic.

Franchise? NOOOOOO. You franchise him and you have to pay him I believe the average of the top 5 salaries of that position in the NFL. They will definitely not franchise him. They will probably make an offer, but he will get more somewhere else in all likelihood. The one thing the Giants have going for them is that there are not a lot of teams out there that really need RBs.

psst your Fleurs-de-lis is showing better get that covered up before some one see's it

:P

The Giants don't franchise anyone. And that includes better players than Ward.

Jacobs is the priority, and if Ward wants to be foolish and get paid for being a role player, then he'll stay.

Ward is going to get paid somewhere, just like Gibril. And good for him. All that means is Bradshaw will take the reigns.

Ward is gone at the end of the year. There are too many teams in the league with need of a runner like Ward (KC, Arizona, Cincinatti, Eagles). Whether the Giants pay him or not, another team will certainly match it if not beat it. Jacobs will be locked up, Ward will go, Bradshaw becomes No 2 and the Giants will draft and RB within the top 3 rounds next year IMO

Ward is gone at the end of the year. There are too many teams in the league with need of a runner like Ward (KC, Arizona, Cincinatti, Eagles). Whether the Giants pay him or not, another team will certainly match it if not beat it. Jacobs will be locked up, Ward will go, Bradshaw becomes No 2 and the Giants will draft and RB within the top 3 rounds next year IMO

Well I agree with most of what you said but I don't think you are drafting your 3rd string running back in the top 3 rounds. If you are taking a RB that high, you usually expect him to produce pretty soon. I'm sure they will take a running back, but it won't be until the 2nd day. They have other needs to address that are more pressing in the top 3 rounds, such as linebacker, receiver, and they probably will draft another DT. Depending on whose contracts are up this offseason, we will see.

it's gonna be tough to sell this to them. because of how early rb's decline they really only get one huge payday and they will prob both be looking for it. if we have to keep one it's gotta be jacobs. he's the emotional leader of the offense and clearly indispensible judging from the two losses. i think bradshaw can step in and be at least 85% of what ward is anyway

agreed! and it true they both work great together but they cannot stand alone

or carry a team alone like peterson, Thomlison etc...

Ward needs 52 yards for a thousand, and he'll probably get enough carries against Minnesota to do it. Has a team ever had two one-thousand yard running backs?

1972 Miami Dolphins

Larry Csonka - 1,117 yards on 213 carries

Mercury Morris - 1,000 yards on 190 carries

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp

1976 Pittsburgh Steelers

Franco Harris - 1,128 yards on 289 carries

Rocky Bleier - 1,036 yards on 220 carries

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp

1985 Cleveland Browns

Kevin Mack - 1,104 yards on 222 carries

Earnest Byner - 1,002 yards on 244 carries

http://66.181.85.108/history/results/pdf/1985.pdf

NOTE: 1972 and 1976 were 14-game seasons.

1985 was a 16-game season.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/13759

But I'm optimistic.

I don't know man, how do you not pay the man if he's looking for it...

We have the cap space(Burress is going to be gone, anyway)...and it's a fact that our team is virtually useless without Brandon Jacobs playing.

it's gonna be tough to sell this to them. because of how early rb's decline they really only get one huge payday and they will prob both be looking for it. if we have to keep one it's gotta be jacobs. he's the emotional leader of the offense and clearly indispensible judging from the two losses. i think bradshaw can step in and be at least 85% of what ward is anyway

eventually, bradshaw will be 115% what ward is.

The Cardinals have Edge, Hightower, and Arrington...

Westbrook, Buckhalter, and Ward are all similar style backs. The Eagles will try to get a bruiser or another speedster...

The only teams I'd see going for a Derrick Ward type back are KC and MAYBE Cinci...