SportsWrath

I've lost my religion...

Nas

I feel rather weird... it seems like every year I wouldn't miss a game... or a presason game for that matter. This year, I don't even know when the Giants play.. and if I did, I'd forget about the game and end up watching what I usually watch on TV... I remember when the Giants play, I'm thinking about the game all day.. excited.. but this year is different..

Now, could it be that I feel content now that we've won the big one... or maybe a combination of my extremely busy life of late.. since my sister and 3 nephews moved back to NY in June... but even if.. I wouldn't miss a game.. there was a time when I would stress losing a pre-season game so badly, that I catch migraine headaches..

is this weird or what?

It is called not being a true fan. It happens when you don't really care about a team, you just like the idea of being a fan and the identity it gives you.

Pretty common affliction really I would say at least 90% of fans are casual fans. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with being a casual fan, not all of us are as truly infatuated with the team as others.

It is called not being a true fan. It happens when you don't really care about a team, you just like the idea of being a fan and the identity it gives you.

Pretty common affliction really I would say at least 90% of fans are casual fans. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with being a casual fan, not all of us are as truly infatuated with the team as others.

hmmm, I doubt this is true though..

I dont know what else to think. I can count on my right hand how many games Ive missed since the mid 80's. Was pumped for everyone of them. This season is no different.

How can it not be? How can you not be excited about a season after a SB win, a season where almost every single starter from that SB team is returning? You are not because you are a CASUAL fan.

I dont know what else to think. I can count on my right hand how many games Ive missed since the mid 80's. Was pumped for everyone of them. This season is no different.

Well, it could be the latter part of my argument.. that life has gotten extremely hectic with my sister and nephews.. my father saying over for a few weeks and now my mother. Shit last night I got home dead tired then had to go out looking for my 9 year old nephew.. who was at Game Stop for hours.. not realizing we've been looking for him..

I guess part of me is very upset I missed most of the Cleveland game... besides I stated I used to stress out our losses in the preseason so badly... I don't think I'm content with winning SB XLII.. as I recall I was too emotionally exhausted to jump up and down.. I recall my friends congratualting me (only 2 of us are true die hard Giants fans) and I couldn't even respond.. I only nodded... I guess that happens when you spend the entire 2nd half standing and pacing back 'n forth in the living room (I avoided going to a bar because I didn't want to repeat what happened when we lost to the Ravens... driving over 100 mph aimlessly)...

I see where Nas in coming from, i am thrilled about the season but football has become so big that there doesn't seem to be an offseason anymore. I would say i am so sick of football already especially Brett Favre,Dallas,New England and on and on and on. That the upcoming season seems to be not as exciting as usual, i was pumped at first for the game against Cleveland monday then it was just like oh well after the first quarter. I am not a casual fan either i am a die hard Giants fan i wear gear about everyday,i collect everything Giants, i get sick before every game etc........ But this year i just feel blah like the offseason was just 24/7 football that i am almost sick of it before the season even starts

The problem is you've had so much exposure to it over the last few years. Spending too much time during the offseason talking and thinking about football, the Giants, the lastest news on espn, the draft etc. Everything in moderation and you'll be excited about it again.

Seriously though this has been the sweetest off-season since I moved from fan to fanatic. I'm not happy with either the Plax or Shockey situations but we won a fucking Superbowl! I don't think I came down from that until April and it's really made the off-season a smooth ride.

Well the next person to tell me I'm not a true fan for not watching pre season games can go fuck themselves, especially since half the time people are complaining about the fact that there are 4 preseason games to begin with. If you think about it, couldn't the NFL pair off teams are a training camp, for example, have the Giants/Jets play at each others training camp in a real game, why does it have to be in front of 80 thousand fans for the coaches to evaluate players properly. For those who say that players need to be used to playing in front of a crowd, well they are college players, so they are used to playing in front of big crowds already.

The only preseason game that ever matters is the 3rd one. All the others I could care less about, maybe 5-10 of each.

I feel rather weird... it seems like every year I wouldn't miss a game... or a presason game for that matter. This year, I don't even know when the Giants play.. and if I did, I'd forget about the game and end up watching what I usually watch on TV... I remember when the Giants play, I'm thinking about the game all day.. excited.. but this year is different..

Now, could it be that I feel content now that we've won the big one... or maybe a combination of my extremely busy life of late.. since my sister and 3 nephews moved back to NY in June... but even if.. I wouldn't miss a game.. there was a time when I would stress losing a pre-season game so badly, that I catch migraine headaches..

is this weird or what?

BLASPHEMY!!!

I am offended, hurt, shocked, offended, and ashamed.

Eh, it's preseason. I only watch the 1st quarter of these games and maybe a little more to see guys like Phillips.

Now if you start missing regular season games, I'm coming to your town with telephone cords and Christian Rock CDs.

Well, it could be the latter part of my argument.. that life has gotten extremely hectic with my sister and nephews.. my father saying over for a few weeks and now my mother. Shit last night I got home dead tired then had to go out looking for my 9 year old nephew.. who was at Game Stop for hours.. not realizing we've been looking for him..

I guess part of me is very upset I missed most of the Cleveland game... besides I stated I used to stress out our losses in the preseason so badly... I don't think I'm content with winning SB XLII.. as I recall I was too emotionally exhausted to jump up and down.. I recall my friends congratualting me (only 2 of us are true die hard Giants fans) and I couldn't even respond.. I only nodded... I guess that happens when you spend the entire 2nd half standing and pacing back 'n forth in the living room (I avoided going to a bar because I didn't want to repeat what happened when we lost to the Ravens... driving over 100 mph aimlessly)...

D

V

R

Created for those of us who are busy all the time. That's how I watched the Cleveland game. Our 1st team D was relenteless, but you wouldn't know would you?! SHAME!

Nas- I've lost my religion...

you probably won't miss it.

jk

I missed the first preseason game too, for no other reason than I forgot it was on.

rph, that's the thing... before this year I would NEVER forget about a game.. or miss one.

BLASPHEMY!!!

I am offended, hurt, shocked, offended, and ashamed.

Eh, it's preseason. I only watch the 1st quarter of these games and maybe a little more to see guys like Phillips.

Now if you start missing regular season games, I'm coming to your town with telephone cords and Christian Rock CDs.

:cwy:

sorry nas i just cant relate, the job im about to get will ahve me working sundays but i WILL tape every single game and forbid people from telling me about the game, even if it involves taping a big sign to my chest saying "DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GIANTS"

sorry nas i just cant relate, the job im about to get will ahve me working sundays but i WILL tape every single game and forbid people from telling me about the game, even if it involves taping a big sign to my chest saying "DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GIANTS"

Don't do that, then people will always tell you what happened.

Well the next person to tell me I'm not a true fan for not watching pre season games can go fuck themselves, especially since half the time people are complaining about the fact that there are 4 preseason games to begin with. If you think about it, couldn't the NFL pair off teams are a training camp, for example, have the Giants/Jets play at each others training camp in a real game, why does it have to be in front of 80 thousand fans for the coaches to evaluate players properly. For those who say that players need to be used to playing in front of a crowd, well they are college players, so they are used to playing in front of big crowds already.

The only preseason game that ever matters is the 3rd one. All the others I could care less about, maybe 5-10 of each.

So you missed the browns game? To bad, it was a good one.