SportsWrath

Super Bowl Vid dvd...

Sephiroth

Sorry if this was brought up already, but after watching the Giants victories leading up to the Superbowl, something struck me: there was GREAT officiating in pretty much all five games of the DVD set.

There were a few calls that perhaps could have gone either way, but overall, there weren't any BLATANTLY bad calls and/or judgement calls that were out of line. For the most part, they let the teams play, and penalized them only when neccessary.

Here's to good officiating. :cheers:

Sorry if this was brought up already, but after watching the Giants victories leading up to the Superbowl, something struck me: there was GREAT officiating in pretty much all five games of the DVD set.

There were a few calls that perhaps could have gone either way, but overall, there weren't any BLATANTLY bad calls and/or judgement calls that were out of line. For the most part, they let the teams play, and penalized them only when neccessary.

Good officiating?? Whats that? :huh:

I just got my set. I've watched the Tampa game, Dallas and the Superbowl. I'll probably then watch the Green Bay game, back when Brett Favre was their QB.

Some thoughts so far:

I agree Seph, overall the officiating was solid, but then the best crews work the playoffs so it shows.

Watching Romo get frustrated late in the game was so satisfying. That Dallas offensive line is HUGE!!!!!. I mean there should be another word to describe how huge they are.

Roy Williams absolutely sucks.

Interesting to hear Aikman during the game state that Patrick Crayton had the best hands of all the Cowboys players. Now you would think he'd say it before Crayton dropped 2 easy catches and a punt return, he said it afterwards!!! :o And I'm not an Aikman hater but that shocked me.

Looking at our defense, I think we are going to miss Kawika Mitchell more than we think. He was so solid in the playoffs and he was one of the few linebackers who never got knocked back when the running backs hit, especially Barber.

And I can't help but think how Steve Smith helped us big time. Nearly all the crucial throws went to him.

I just got my set. I've watched the Tampa game, Dallas and the Superbowl. I'll probably then watch the Green Bay game, back when Brett Favre was their QB.

Some thoughts so far:

I agree Seph, overall the officiating was solid, but then the best crews work the playoffs so it shows.

Watching Romo get frustrated late in the game was so satisfying. That Dallas offensive line is HUGE!!!!!. I mean there should be another word to describe how huge they are.

Roy Williams absolutely sucks.

Interesting to hear Aikman during the game state that Patrick Crayton had the best hands of all the Cowboys players. Now you would think he'd say it before Crayton dropped 2 easy catches and a punt return, he said it afterwards!!! :o And I'm not an Aikman hater but that shocked me.

Looking at our defense, I think we are going to miss Kawika Mitchell more than we think. He was so solid in the playoffs and he was one of the few linebackers who never got knocked back when the running backs hit, especially Barber.

And I can't help but think how Steve Smith helped us big time. Nearly all the crucial throws went to him.

great POINT.. i have watched the DVD about 10X... i think we'll have a hard time being as successful this coming up season.. coaches will take SMITH, BOSS more into consideration when comes 3rd and 8.

Steve Smith hugging the sidelines for the 1st down at 3rd and 11 with about a minute to go is the most underrated play I have ever seen. Tyree got a ton of attention but if Smith doesn't make that play, or goes out of bounds after about 7 yards instead of hugging those sidelines I think we lose the game. 4th and 3-4 with the game on the line would have been tough. This play was huge!

Steve Smith hugging the sidelines for the 1st down at 3rd and 11 with about a minute to go is the most underrated play I have ever seen. Tyree got a ton of attention but if Smith doesn't make that play, or goes out of bounds after about 7 yards instead of hugging those sidelines I think we lose the game. 4th and 3-4 with the game on the line would have been tough. This play was huge!

i know it's an easy pass but how many times has eli thrown a wobbler at the receiver's feet that wouldnt have allowed him to gain the extra yardage? it was a bullet in the clutchest of all spots so gotta give E some cred too.

Yes, the center would delay snap it a few time. even Joe Buck noticed it the whole game.

Buck mentioned that the snap was so messed up that it was causing the rest of the line to jump, but I don't remember anything about it being illegal. Plus it was delaying the development of the play by a second, because Romo was reaching for the ball.

Reminds me of the Mark Ingram play in Supe 25, although Ingram had to fight his way through defenders for a 1st down.

Still, equally huge plays that get overlooked.

What are you talking about, its obvious the officials are against us. I mean we are never going to win a Superbowl when the officials are against us like this, I mean every penalty we ever commit is never are fault its always just the NFL out to get us.

....who were these people saying these things again? lol that was a funny time.

I was one of them. And I have to say that the playoff run was some of the best officiating that I have seen since Jerry Markbreit started calling holding penalties on the 69'ers and Broke Backs in the late 80's. Before that in my opinion they had at least 1-2 free drag downs per game. :lol:

For the most part I agree, although I'm not too sure about the penalty that got Bradshaw's TD run called back in the NFC Championship game. I thought it was questionable at best but maybe I missed something.