• Harry Carson, LB (1976-1988)
    • Frank Gifford, RB (1952-1964)
    • Sam Huff, LB (1956-1963)
    • Michael Strahan, DE (1993-2007)
    • Phil Simms, QB (1979-1993)
    • Emlen Tunnell, DB (1948-1958)
    • Andy Robustelli, DE (1956-1964)
    • Mark Bavaro, TE (1985?1990)

Stole this poll from ESPN but removed LT, too obvious, and added Bavaro; mainly because the comments picked him and fans like him. Anyway who is your pick or who would you add?

Carl Banks, LB (1984-1992):

Defensive terror had 14 tackles in Super Bowl XXI win.

Tiki Barber, RB (1997-2006):

Ranks 20th all time with 10,449 career rushing yards .

Harry Carson, LB (1976-1988):

Nine-time Pro Bowler inducted to Hall of Fame in 2006 after long wait.

Frank Gifford, RB (1952-1964):

1956 MVP had 1,422 all-purpose yards from scrimmage.

Sam Huff, LB (1956-1963):

Key part of Tom Landry's 4-3 defense. Five-time Pro Bowler.

Michael Strahan, DE (1993-2007):

Fifth all time with 141.5 sacks. Single-season record 22.5 sacks in 2001.

Emlen Tunnell, DB (1948-1958):

Nine-time Pro Bowler ranks second all time in interceptions (79).

Phil Simms, QB (1979-1993):

Two-time Super Bowl champion ranks 20th all time in passing yards (33,462).

Andy Robustelli, DE (1956-1964):

Seven-time Pro Bowl DE missed only one game in his career.

Mark Bavaro, TE (1985–1990):

351 receptions for 4,733 yards, 39 TDs.

For me, it was a toss-up between Gifford and Carson, basing it on the best Giant, and not necessarily the best athelete. Both are HOF'ers, both still consider themselves Giants well after their careers ended. Huff has more ties to the Redskins at this point, and never really forgave the Giants for trading him. I don't know Tunnell that much. Robustelli was a nightmarish personnel guy, and helped doom us in the 70's. Banks, who I love, didn't hesitate to jump ship for Parcell's Patsies. Tiki fails the litmus, and sad to say, so does Bavaro.

Phil doesn't, but both Harry and Frank have been Giants longer.

I final decided on Gifford: our first true superstar, and a guy who's been loyal to the Gints for over half a century. That counts for something.

For me, it was a toss-up between Gifford and Carson, basing it on the best Giant, and not necessarily the best athelete. Both are HOF'ers, both still consider themselves Giants well after their careers ended. Huff has more ties to the Redskins at this point, and never really forgave the Giants for trading him. I don't know Tunnell that much. Robustelli was a nightmarish personnel guy, and helped doom us in the 70's. Banks, who I love, didn't hesitate to jump ship for Parcell's Patsies. Tiki fails the litmus, and sad to say, so does Bavaro.

I final decided on Gifford: our first true superstar, and a guy who's been loyal to the Gints for over half a century. That counts for something.

I wasnt around for Tunnell either, but after checkin his stats, they are pretty freakin impressive. 2nd all time in receptions? Thats great.

This should be second best all time.

Yeah, I guess that would make more sense but wouldn't be as useful. When I made the poll LT already had 80%+ of the votes. Just didn't seem very fair to have him listed.

Why the fuck isnt Dave Brown on this list?

Actually that would be a good followup post. Worst player or maybe biggest Giant bust.

I agree with everything except for three things. Huff finally sat down with the Mara's last year prior to Wellington dying and there was a genuine forgiving of old hurts by Huff. Agree with you on Banks even though I love him he sure ran with The Prostitute...don't leave out Bavaro, Meggett and a few others. Carson woke up thinking about the Giants and went to sleep thinking about the Giants. I give him the nod because Giff only played during the era when the Giants were competing for a title just about every year and went to the big show often.

Carson came in when we were getting our asses kicked left right and sideways. Plus he went through some mental health issues while a Giant and overcame them. So he is my vote....Giff is a close second. One thing I love about Giff is that he is a Giants homer, but when he was announcing you would never know it as his professionalism was paramount.

I agree with everything except for three things. Huff finally sat down with the Mara's last year prior to Wellington dying and there was a genuine forgiving of old hurts by Huff. Agree with you on Banks even though I love him he sure ran with The Prostitute...don't leave out Bavaro, Meggett and a few others. Carson woke up thinking about the Giants and went to sleep thinking about the Giants. I give him the nod because Giff only played during the era when the Giants were competing for a title just about every year and went to the big show often.

Carson came in when we were getting our asses kicked left right and sideways. Plus he went through some mental health issues while a Giant and overcame them. So he is my vote....Giff is a close second. One thing I love about Giff is that he is a Giants homer, but when he was announcing you would never know it as his professionalism was paramount.

Like I said, it was a toss-up between Carson and Gifford. I gave it to Gifford due to longevity, which is out of Carson's control. But I wouldn't be upset at all if Carson got the most votes.

Bavaro broke my heart in that Eagles uni.

Brian Kelley would have been a good choice as well.

NO J-Shock just j/k, i know the gas prices would be 2.00 if Jeremy Shockey was never a Giant. All kidding aside, i would have to go with Carson or Banks. Carson,Banks,Martin and Taylor in 86 was the greatest defense in my opinion of all time.

NO J-Shock just j/k, i know the gas prices would be 2.00 if Jeremy Shockey was never a Giant. All kidding aside, i would have to go with Carson or Banks. Carson,Banks,Martin and Taylor in 86 was the greatest defense in my opinion of all time.

Totally agreed. Of course, we're a little biased, but I think that was the best D squad ever, that Giants team of 86-87.

Totally agreed. Of course, we're a little biased, but I think that was the best D squad ever, that Giants team of 86-87.

Yeah i mean that super bowl XXI run was great, we shut down arguably the two greatest qb's of all time in Montana and Elway, after Brett Favre of course the two greatest :rolleyes:

Joe Morrison should at least get a ballot spot. The guy played well on some simply god awful teams. To this day I think I'd take him if you needed to get the ball to someone for just one yard.

Short of LT being on the ballot...I go with Carson or Gifford.

C. Wagon

PS...no love for Roosevelt Brown? HOF'er...listed as 57th on the Sporting News list of 100 top NFL'ers......