SportsWrath

ESPN Power Rankings are out

Allstarjim

We're number 6 according to ESPN's "experts". Love it. Here's what Matt Mosely said about us:

"New York didn't have to wait until training camp for the Super Bowl hangover to start. Losing four key players on defense won't help, and Jeremy Shockey's not the type of person to put his ego aside to help the team. (MM)"

Obviously this was before the Shockey trade. But anyhow, what's funny is that we lost 4 "key" players. Strahan, Wilson, Torbor, and... and.... William Joseph????

Is that the fourth KEY player on defense they are talking about???? WTF?! ESPN just continues to hire absolute morons. I wouldn't even say Torbor was a key player considering he was Mathias Kiwanuka's back up, and we are getting Kiwi back. Strahan will hurt, but it opens up more opportunity for Tuck, and Wilson is being replaced by the #1 safety on the board in the draft, Kenny Phillips. I think we're going to be ok. But calling William Joseph a key player is laughable.

LOL...

You know what were ranked as far as Im concerned?? NUMBER FUCKIN ONE!!!!! How can it be anything else? We're the champs, not NE, DAL, INDY.....US!!!!! This is what Ive been spouting off ever since Brady threw that last pass. No one has shit to say until a new team is crowned in 09'. When I'm at the bar and jealous fucks say we were lucky, or we werent the most talented etc, I say I know. We're THE CHAMPS!!!.....HAHAHAHA!!!!

This is perfect. Remember when we were gonna finish 6-10 at this time last year? The Giants read this shit and are gonna come into the season with a serious chip on their shoulder.

And don't worry about the losses.

Tuck for Strahan is a push at this stage in their careers.

Sammy Knight is at least equal to Wilson at this stage in their careers.

Wilkinson is a few steps under Mitchell at this stage in their careers.

Shockey is worse for THE TEAM than Boss at this stage in their careers.

...everything is gonna be alright. Let the naysayers doubt. :TU:

This is perfect. Remember when we were gonna finish 6-10 at this time last year? The Giants read this shit and are gonna come into the season with a serious chip on their shoulder.

And don't worry about the losses.

Tuck for Strahan is a push at this stage in their careers.

Sammy Knight is at least equal to Wilson at this stage in their careers.

Wilkinson is a few steps under Mitchell at this stage in their careers.

Shockey is worse for THE TEAM than Boss at this stage in their careers.

...everything is gonna be alright. Let the naysayers doubt. :TU:

exactly- you don't win championships on espn.

Bingo. He's right that we only now have lost four key players as Torbor was a back-up.

I can't believe I forgot about Mitchell already. But remember that he said 4 players ON DEFENSE. So even still, they're ignoring Kiwanuka. A more intelligent analysis of the defense would be concerning the improvement in the second half of the season and especially the playoffs of Corey Webster, and coupled with Aaron Ross, an improved secondary to go with a still formidable pass rush anchored by Umenyiora and Justin Tuck, who will be completely unleashed this year now that he is not behind Strahan. To me, our defense will be just as dangerous and if Kiwanuka is who we think he is, and Kenny Phillips turns out to be a good safety, we could be even BETTER than last year's unit! I can't wait to watch this defense wreak havoc on the likes of the Cowboys, ESPN's golden team that can't win a playoff game.

I can't believe I forgot about Mitchell already. But remember that he said 4 players ON DEFENSE. So even still, they're ignoring Kiwanuka. A more intelligent analysis of the defense would be concerning the improvement in the second half of the season and especially the playoffs of Corey Webster, and coupled with Aaron Ross, an improved secondary to go with a still formidable pass rush anchored by Umenyiora and Justin Tuck, who will be completely unleashed this year now that he is not behind Strahan. To me, our defense will be just as dangerous and if Kiwanuka is who we think he is, and Kenny Phillips turns out to be a good safety, we could be even BETTER than last year's unit! I can't wait to watch this defense wreak havoc on the likes of the Cowboys, ESPN's golden team that can't win a playoff game.

But...........Tony looks so DREAMY in that backwards hat that has to count for something right? makes me sick, they might has well have the cast of the hills doing sportscenter nowadays its like celebrity status is what makes a good football player

Just to let you know, Matt Mosely is a huge Cowboys fan. He sometime subs for Randy Galloway on the radio and the Cowboy homerism seeps out of his pours, it's pathetic. But in his defense, he did say the Giants will most likely sneak into the playoff and do some damage.

We aint sneaking nowhere. This team is going to be a force from day 1(barring health). I believe that even had they not won the SB the Giants are a team that was ready to take off. When you look at the talent they have and the strength along both line(where games are won and lost)combined with the depth I think that no matter what happened last year the Giants were poised to have a better regular season.

We're number 6 according to ESPN's "experts". Love it. Here's what Matt Mosely said about us:

"New York didn't have to wait until training camp for the Super Bowl hangover to start. Losing four key players on defense won't help, and Jeremy Shockey's not the type of person to put his ego aside to help the team. (MM)"

Obviously this was before the Shockey trade. But anyhow, what's funny is that we lost 4 "key" players. Strahan, Wilson, Torbor, and... and.... William Joseph????

Is that the fourth KEY player on defense they are talking about???? WTF?! ESPN just continues to hire absolute morons. I wouldn't even say Torbor was a key player considering he was Mathias Kiwanuka's back up, and we are getting Kiwi back. Strahan will hurt, but it opens up more opportunity for Tuck, and Wilson is being replaced by the #1 safety on the board in the draft, Kenny Phillips. I think we're going to be ok. But calling William Joseph a key player is laughable.

Other than Strahan... I don't know what "key" players we lost.. Mitchell?? :confused:

We aint sneaking nowhere. This team is going to be a force from day 1(barring health). I believe that even had they not won the SB the Giants are a team that was ready to take off. When you look at the talent they have and the strength along both line(where games are won and lost)combined with the depth I think that no matter what happened last year the Giants were poised to have a better regular season.

I've been saying this for years. I mean no offense to anyone here. WE SHOULD OF WON THE SUPERBOWL YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious: It's going to hard to repeat but I believe in this team.

I've been saying this for years. I mean no offense to anyone here. WE SHOULD OF WON THE SUPERBOWL YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious: It's going to hard to repeat but I believe in this team.

I disagree Nem, for years before Coughlin got here this team was barren behin its starters and was not strong up front. I think we might have actually peaked a year ahead of schedule. We were the 3rd youngest team in the NFL last year and thats with Feagles, Amani and Strahan factoring into the equation.

The Giants are built for staying power.

Bingo. He's right that we only now have lost four key players as Torbor was a back-up.

Torbor was ESSENTIAL to our Super Bowl team...greatest Giants linebacker ever.

DO YOU HEAR THAT COMMITTEE IN CHARGE OF COMPENSATORY PICKS!?!