SportsWrath

Yahoo Sports Rankings

jranieli

I love it when the Giants are taken for granted and analyzed as an average team with little chance to do damage....or even lower for that matter. Depending on which articles you read last year, we were either cast to come in third or fourth in our division....if not for the Redskins, every analyst in the country would have picked us dead last.

And I love it when they give us a low draft grade, while raving on and on about the great draft Oakland or San Francisco had....even though those teams did nothing and the Giants won the Superbowl after every player they drafted made the team.

Nothing better than a solid team that people think isn't that good. Hyped teams getting beat by "average" teams makes trash talking WR's cry after the game (boo hoo, boo hoo, don't say nuttin against my quarterback ....boo hoo), and people shake their heads in disbelief, and overhyped angry coaches march off the field in front of millions of viewers before the biggest game of the year is even over.

Rankings don't mean a damn thing. What gets done on the field....the way the coach changes a strategy to overcome injuries or weaknesses in an area, etc., ..... that's what means something. And nothing is worse for a team than being held up in awe by every analyst in the country.....especially when the team starts believing its own hype. If the Giants were being held up as "the team to beat"...."guaranteed to repeat", etc.,....then I'd be nervous.

This one really made me laugh. Just read what place this idiot has us and what he has to say. :doh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-r...o&type=lgns

I agree with the assessment actually. I think we played lights-out to to close out but we better come into this season hungry. And if some of you think we're being underestimated, then we're right in our comfort zone ;)

Fuck em. On the way out the door from work this morning I ran into one of our heads of quality. He's a big dallas fan and he says "Pac man's coming to Dallas" We talk shit for a while. he says. 'Dallas is on there way to the super bowl. i reply...."Yeah? Well we just got back from there, till you win, it's all talk".

I love being able to shut people up.

I agree with the assessment actually. I think we played lights-out to to close out but we better come into this season hungry. And if some of you think we're being underestimated, then we're right in our comfort zone ;)

I have to agree too. 7th isn't that bad and the Giants were 10-6 in their SB winning year. This team loves to under achieve and the division is brutal.

Fuck em. On the way out the door from work this morning I ran into one of our heads of quality. He's a big dallas fan and he says "Pac man's coming to Dallas" We talk shit for a while. he says. 'Dallas is on there way to the super bowl. i reply...."Yeah? Well we just got back from there, till you win, it's all talk".

I love it. Only a cowboy fan would be that stupid. I cant fuckin stand em. As if he didnt even watch last season(I wouldnt doubt it, very few do) he's just talkin like they are the front runners. Your team choked dude, get a clue. :rolleyes:

I was gonna post this htrwad, i was just reading it thinking, "no fuckin respect"...........just the way i like it. ;)

I heard on the radio this morning Pacman is a cohost for a 12AM-6AM Grey Goose party and on the poster advertising it it claims that he'll Make it Rain...women get in free too.

The Dog doesn't see what the issue is...being ranked in the top 10 at this time is solid, and the fact is, it can be easily argued that the best team in the league did not win the Super Bowl last year, just the hottest. The division is extremely strong, and repeating is very difficult. That being said, it is simply power rankings, and the Dog has maintained all year that power rankings aren't really worth getting hot and bothered over...particularly when they are being done in March...

I love it when the Giants are taken for granted and analyzed as an average team with little chance to do damage....or even lower for that matter. Depending on which articles you read last year, we were either cast to come in third or fourth in our division....if not for the Redskins, every analyst in the country would have picked us dead last.

And I love it when they give us a low draft grade, while raving on and on about the great draft Oakland or San Francisco had....even though those teams did nothing and the Giants won the Superbowl after every player they drafted made the team.

Nothing better than a solid team that people think isn't that good. Hyped teams getting beat by "average" teams makes trash talking WR's cry after the game (boo hoo, boo hoo, don't say nuttin against my quarterback ....boo hoo), and people shake their heads in disbelief, and overhyped angry coaches march off the field in front of millions of viewers before the biggest game of the year is even over.

Rankings don't mean a damn thing. What gets done on the field....the way the coach changes a strategy to overcome injuries or weaknesses in an area, etc., ..... that's what means something. And nothing is worse for a team than being held up in awe by every analyst in the country.....especially when the team starts believing its own hype. If the Giants were being held up as "the team to beat"...."guaranteed to repeat", etc.,....then I'd be nervous.

That's what my high school wrestling coach would tell us every time we'd check out the rankings. He'd say, "Why the hell are you looking at those. That number next to your name isn't going to help you win a match." Truer words have ne'er been spoken. I used to hate that the Giants never got media attention, but now I love it. Keep underrating them and they'll prove you wrong every time, Just ask John Elway and Tom Brady. :TU:

I actually had a Cowboy fan I am friends with and respect just last week cite to me how his team took 2 of 3 from the Giants. I just started laughing, no need to go one the fans of other teams did all the bashing for me. Jet fans were laughing at him.

I thought my line was great though I said "hey, know what we can do? trade hats for a day, maybe then you can convince yourself of your beliefs"- AS I SAT WITH MY SB 42 CHAMPS HATE ON AND HE HAD A 2006 NFC EAST CHAMPS HAT ON.

The Dog doesn't see what the issue is...being ranked in the top 10 at this time is solid, and the fact is, it can be easily argued that the best team in the league did not win the Super Bowl last year, just the hottest. The division is extremely strong, and repeating is very difficult. That being said, it is simply power rankings, and the Dog has maintained all year that power rankings aren't really worth getting hot and bothered over...particularly when they are being done in March...

Hottest, so we were not better just hot? I shall remember that next year when we lose to some team as an exuse, I like that one.

Hottest, so we were not better just hot? I shall remember that next year when we lose to some team as an exuse, I like that one.

don't misunderstand, the dog is not saying they were undeserving, but there are a number of times in NFL history when it can be argued that the best team did not win it all. it is what separates the NFL from other sports when a 7 game series determines the best team. it is also what makes the nfl better in the dog's opinion, so long as you can accept the fact that the best team doesn't always end up the SB winner...

don't misunderstand, the dog is not saying they were undeserving, but there are a number of times in NFL history when it can be argued that the best team did not win it all. it is what separates the NFL from other sports when a 7 game series determines the best team. it is also what makes the nfl better in the dog's opinion, so long as you can accept the fact that the best team doesn't always end up the SB winner...

I am perfectly fine being the fan of a team that might not be the best, but has the rings.

And I agree the NFL system is the best, you have to put it all on the line once to prove you are worthy.