SportsWrath

Why am I not surprised?

mickeef2

So I tuned in to the end of "NFL Total Access" on channel 9, and Rich Eisen is asking Marshall Faulk and whoever the other "analyst" was "Who has to be the favorite in the NFC East next year: The Super Bowl Champion Giants, or this year's NFC East champ, the Cowboys". Faulk says, "I have to go with the Cowboys. Any time a team finishes the year as disappointingly as the Cowboys did, they always come out fired up the following year. The Cowboys have all the pieces in place." The other idiot agreed with him.

You know what worries me about this whole Romo thing? Is the fact that it took Eli 3 years before he won a playoff game, then exploded into a SB Champ. Romo has 2 years down the drain, lets hope he isnt only needing 3 years too. <_<

Honestly, I dont believe it. I think the Giants are in better shape than the boys, and Eli is a true leader that has truly taken his lumps to get where he has. Romo has been enjoying quick success, almost false to a point. And with the way J Jones is thinking over there(trade Barber for high pick to get McFadden, etc) that could make things worse. But I just really dont want to see them acheive anything.

You know what worries me about this whole Romo thing? Is the fact that it took Eli 3 years before he won a playoff game, then exploded into a SB Champ. Romo has 2 years down the drain, lets hope he isnt only needing 3 years too. <_<

Honestly, I dont believe it. I think the Giants are in better shape than the boys, and Eli is a true leader that has truly taken his lumps to get where he has. Romo has been enjoying quick success, almost false to a point. And with the way J Jones is thinking over there(trade Barber for high pick to get McFadden, etc) that could make things worse. But I just really dont want to see them acheive anything.

If the Skins ever matched their play with their talent, it's a 3 horse race. I think the Eagles are going backwards. Dallas will not be as successful as last year, because their schedule will be much harder.

Anyway, winning the Superbowl as the wildcard is pretty good fun don't you think? :)

If I'm correct, it's Romo's 7th year in the league.

If I'm correct, it's Romo's 7th year in the league.

It is, I just mean as a starter. And I think it will be a 2 horse race, I honestly think Wash is headed backwards. ZORN? I mean, c'mon. And Campbell hasnt been thru a whole season.

But yes, it is dandy! ;)

If the Skins ever matched their play with their talent, it's a 3 horse race. I think the Eagles are going backwards. Dallas will not be as successful as last year, because their schedule will be much harder.

Anyway, winning the Superbowl as the wildcard is pretty good fun don't you think? :)

I have to dissagree with you on that part. I honestly believe the Eagles is the most talented team in our division. Keep in mind, most of their offensive line and Defense players was hurt for most of the year. And when they started getting healthy, they were dominating again. Remember, they almost handed New England first lost with a back-up Quaterback.

Our division is the hardest division in football...period. So if Dallas fans believe they are going to win division again easily? They have another thing coming to them. Whichever team goes into the playoffs with best momentum (not nessarally the best record) has a greater chance in representing the NFC in the SB.

I have to dissagree with you on that part. I honestly believe the Eagles is the most talented team in our division. Keep in mind, most of their offensive line and Defense players was hurt for most of the year. And when they started getting healthy, they were dominating again. Remember, they almost handed New England first lost with a back-up Quaterback.

Our division is the hardest division in football...period. So if Dallas fans believe they are going to win division again easily? They have another thing coming to them. Whichever team goes into the playoffs with best momentum (not nessarally the best record) has a greater chance in representing the NFC in the SB.

I agree with you on the Eagles. They have a good offensive line and an all pro running back. McNabb is still not done but he is not once he was. Their defense is aging. I would be more worried about the defense. Their secondary isn't getting any younger plus the D-line isn't as good as it once was. What negates this is the way Jim Johnson runs his defense. He is by far one of the best in the league. If they are able to grab a few free agents and have a great draft, the Eagles are going to be one scary team. I would say it will be a 3 team race for the division next year. I am not counting out the Skins but without Gibbs, I don't see them doing much, maybe 7-9.

So I tuned in to the end of "NFL Total Access" on channel 9, and Rich Eisen is asking Marshall Faulk and whoever the other "analyst" was "Who has to be the favorite in the NFC East next year: The Super Bowl Champion Giants, or this year's NFC East champ, the Cowboys". Faulk says, "I have to go with the Cowboys. Any time a team finishes the year as disappointingly as the Cowboys did, they always come out fired up the following year. The Cowboys have all the pieces in place." The other idiot agreed with him.

I love it. I hope every blowhard talking head in the media chooses the Giants to finish dead last. I hope the media fawns over Dallas, while giving their "expert" analysis on the shortcomings of the Giants. This team has never done better than when they hear or read that they are not good enough to win the division, beat a rival, win a playoff game, win the superbowl, etc.

I hope we are called the underdogs all year long. I hope they give us a "D" on our draft.

I can say one thing I think is true though.....when the Giants and Dallas meet for the first time since the playoff game, it's going to be a fricken all out war - tempers, words exchanged, late hits, shoving, fights breaking out and just plain bad vibes all around. Should be an excellent game!

I honestly believe the Eagles is the most talented team in our division. Keep in mind, most of their offensive line and Defense players was hurt for most of the year. And when they started getting healthy, they were dominating again. Remember, they almost handed New England first lost with a back-up Quaterback.

That's the equation. They almost handed NE their first loss with a back up. When are the Eagles going to learn they've been playing with the most overrated qb in football since Collins left our fold.

Rumors are again surfacing about McNabb leaving. If it's true this time, then the Eagles will be a feared bunch.

Well, there's no right or wrong answer here. I mean the guy was asked for his opinion... and he gave a reasonable answer.

Until the Eagles decide to go after some decent wide receivers, then you can't say they are the most talented team in the division. Both the Giants and the Dallas right now could be better at every position on the field except for maybe running back. Think about it. And Mc Nabb simply isn't what he was.

Until the Eagles decide to go after some decent wide receivers, then you can't say they are the most talented team in the division. Both the Giants and the Dallas right now could be better at every position on the field except for maybe running back. Think about it. And Mc Nabb simply isn't what he was.

I don't know about that. McNabb was playing great down the stretch, with out a "WR". The Eagles beat the "best team in the league" (The Dallas Cowboys) and gave us a good run for our money. But you're right... The Eagles need a true number WR to take this team to the next level.

Er... they had one, and he's why Dallas is a better team. Again, McNabb is the most overrated qb in football today. :rolleyes:

That is the point. When McNabb finally had someone to throw to, he took his team to the SB.

I don't think he's overrated. Just can't stay healthy anymore. Like most quarterbacks who come in to the league rushing the ball a lot, it has taken it's toll on McNabb.

I don't know about that. McNabb was playing great down the stretch, with out a "WR". The Eagles beat the "best team in the league" (The Dallas Cowboys) and gave us a good run for our money. But you're right... The Eagles need a true number WR to take this team to the next level.

Rumors have been floating wild this past week about the Eagles offering Moss a contract that dwarfs the Pat's offer. They are saying that McNabb is demanding a top shelf reciever and Moss is about as "top shelf" as you can get and of course he's a free agent. Moss says he wants to stay with the Pats, but if he's offered 26 million for 4 years by the Pats, and then the Eagles offer him 40 mil.....my bet is he hooks up with the Eagles. Also, if there's anything to this latest "spygate" mess, Belichek could be missing next season and Moss may simply want to distance himself from the mess.

If the Eagles land Moss and McNabb stays....the Eagles will be a fearsome foe this next season.

McNabb played very average against the Cowboys. He lit up the Saints, but so did Luke McCown. And then he had an okay game against the Bills.

The Eagles do worry me, no one should sleep on them. But those last three games didn't prove to me that much.

Rumors have been floating wild this past week about the Eagles offering Moss a contract that dwarfs the Pat's offer. They are saying that McNabb is demanding a top shelf reciever and Moss is about as "top shelf" as you can get and of course he's a free agent. Moss says he wants to stay with the Pats, but if he's offered 26 million for 4 years by the Pats, and then the Eagles offer him 40 mil.....my bet is he hooks up with the Eagles. Also, if there's anything to this latest "spygate" mess, Belichek could be missing next season and Moss may simply want to distance himself from the mess.

If the Eagles land Moss and McNabb stays....the Eagles will be a fearsome foe this next season.

Tom BRady's taken a pay cut for the Pats to land better players before, and he'll do it again for Moss.

I'd be stunned if Randy leaves.

But if he does, at least we know how to cover him :)

I don't think he's overrated. Just can't stay healthy anymore. Like most quarterbacks who come in to the league rushing the ball a lot, it has taken it's toll on McNabb.

Exactly! And they never seem to want to lost that habit. I remember Cunningham, my favorite qb to hate. Could have been hof, imo.

Exactly! And they never seem to want to lost that habit. I remember Cunningham, my favorite qb to hate. Could have been hof, imo.

would have been a first ballot lock if he could have played the Gints 4 times a year instead of two. That cat used to kill us.

Man... I can see the eagles going after Moss..

TO, Moss, Buress, and the Moss in DC.. all in one division.. yikes..

McNabb played very average against the Cowboys. He lit up the Saints, but so did Luke McCown. And then he had an okay game against the Bills.

The Eagles do worry me, no one should sleep on them. But those last three games didn't prove to me that much.

I wouldn't say McNabb had a very average game. He played well with a group of WR who couldn't get seperation for McNabb. And there were some very costly drop balls too... But Phillies' defense played unbelieveable as well.