SportsWrath

Why am I not surprised?

mickeef2

Bleedin, I'm not sure if McNabb has the ability to "demand" anything in Philly anymore.

I'm sure you're right. But I also think the Eagles front office folks want to find a way to win and the missing piece to their puzzle is a top shelf WR. If they can land one, I imagine they'll stick with McNabb for another year to see if that's what makes them turn the corner.

So I tuned in to the end of "NFL Total Access" on channel 9, and Rich Eisen is asking Marshall Faulk and whoever the other "analyst" was "Who has to be the favorite in the NFC East next year: The Super Bowl Champion Giants, or this year's NFC East champ, the Cowboys". Faulk says, "I have to go with the Cowboys. Any time a team finishes the year as disappointingly as the Cowboys did, they always come out fired up the following year. The Cowboys have all the pieces in place." The other idiot agreed with him.

the dog doesn't believe you should be surprised...it is what the dog was saying leading up to the SB - win it when you are that close because there is no guarentee that opportunity will roll around for any team again right away. the fact is, the giants has an amazing run and took care of things when they had to, but it is difficult to argue that they are in the best position to repeat next season (not that any team ever is...). the NFC east has once again become a nasty division that any team can win...in this day and age, every team is a few good signings away from making an improbable run...on paper, dallas is still probably the better team (not that this obviously means anything, but looking to next year, all you can do at this time is analyze paper...).

the dog doesn't believe you should be surprised...it is what the dog was saying leading up to the SB - win it when you are that close because there is no guarentee that opportunity will roll around for any team again right away. the fact is, the giants has an amazing run and took care of things when they had to, but it is difficult to argue that they are in the best position to repeat next season (not that any team ever is...). the NFC east has once again become a nasty division that any team can win...in this day and age, every team is a few good signings away from making an improbable run...on paper, dallas is still probably the better team (not that this obviously means anything, but looking to next year, all you can do at this time is analyze paper...).

The dog's point is taken.