SportsWrath

So... What do we call Manning and Tyree's "Greatest Play in Super Bowl History?"

Dragon

"The Play" is good.

I've exhausted my brain trying to come up with catchy names. I've thought of "Holy Crap", "The Great Escape Play", "Circus Play", "Slip-n-Catch", "The Miracle Play", "Miracle in 42nd" (as in 42nd SB), "Perfect Season Doom Play", "Pat's Doom", "Perfection Denied Play", "Boston's Buckner II", "R U Fuckin Kiddin Me Play", yada, yada, yada.

You know....I've watched the play a hundred times (at least), and the one thing I notice that no one has talked about is how Harrison brought Tyree down with his knee supported in such a way as to bring him down the way a WWF wrestler pretends to break an opponent's back.....only Harrison wasn't pretending....he really tried to break Tyree in half as he came down. Had he severed Tyree's spine, the ball would've come loose.

Three days later and all I can still think about is what happened on Sunday. I'm still coming to grips with the FACT that the Giants went all the way and brought home the trophy. Un-fricken-believable!!!!

I've heard people mention that "suplex" move. Most recently Steve Czaban from FSR in DC on XM 142 or DC980 AM

"The Play" sounds awsome..

sorry to get off topic.. but after reviewing "The Play", it looks like we had a few guys holdings..... i could be wrong, but just look at it for yourselves... .

I must've seen the play a 100 times so far... and I'm yet to see or hear 1 person.. player... annoucner.. analyst.. fan.. coach.. dictator... dickhead.. congressman.. alien... or anyone.. mutter the world "holding"...

What gives? :unsure:

I must've seen the play a 100 times so far... and I'm yet to see or hear 1 person.. player... annoucner.. analyst.. fan.. coach.. dictator... dickhead.. congressman.. alien... or anyone.. mutter the world "holding"...

Clearly you haven't talked to many Pats fans or visited any of there forums.

We should name it after the reactions we all had during the play.

"C'mon... NO!!!!... OH man he got loose... Who the fuck is he throwing it to!?... OOOOOOOHHHHHHH SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eli you are the fuckin man!!!!!! Tyree what a play!!!!!!!!!!"

In that case, I'd call it, "Throw the ball, Eli.... Ugh.... ugh..... a-ha! *gasp..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

I was watching analysts on TV last night break down the play second by second and they came to the conclusion that if there was a "holding" penalty in that mess, it was on Diehl, but they couldn't be sure and no angle made it crystal clear if it was holding or not.

They also came to the conclusion that it was one of the best officiated (if not the best) games in superbowl history, allowing the players to play the game without the refs becoming a big part of the game's conclusion.

Two missed calls: Toomers obvious "offensive interference" when he caught that sideline pass and when Bradshaw "recovered" the fumble that was clearly "down" after the Pat's had already recovered it.

I thought I saw a couple of "holding" penalties that could've been called on the Pat's trying to keep the Giants off Brady, especially in the second half. Also, I thought there was a couple of defensive interference plays that could've been called on the Pat's for hitting after the 5-yards limit.

All in all....the game was very well officiated and any penalties that were missed were basically a wash for both teams.

I was watching analysts on TV last night break down the play second by second and they came to the conclusion that if there was a "holding" penalty in that mess, it was on Diehl, but they couldn't be sure and no angle made it crystal clear if it was holding or not.

They also came to the conclusion that it was one of the best officiated (if not the best) games in superbowl history, allowing the players to play the game without the refs becoming a big part of the game's conclusion.

Two missed calls: Toomers obvious "offensive interference" when he caught that sideline pass and when Bradshaw "recovered" the fumble that was clearly "down" after the Pat's had already recovered it.

I thought I saw a couple of "holding" penalties that could've been called on the Pat's trying to keep the Giants off Brady, especially in the second half. Also, I thought there was a couple of defensive interference plays that could've been called on the Pat's for hitting after the 5-yards limit.

All in all....the game was very well officiated and any penalties that were missed were basically a wash for both teams.

That Bradshaw play was great. The Pat player definitely recovered the ball but Bradshaw took it away. That's why you never quit on a play. Also it was great when Harrison was trying to get the ball from Tyree and Smith went in to push him off Tyree.

I just watched it again looking for a hold and it did look like Diehl got a hold in there, but it wasn't obvious and it was also shielded from the officials view. I am sure there are plenty of times the Pats were holding that weren't called. The officials did a good job of just letting them play except for blatant fouls like false starts, offsides, oh and of course illegally batting the ball forward.

On that last sack by Alford... a patsie has a death grip on one arm pulling back on it....while Alford grabs and decks Brady with his left arm and shoulder pad. I was waiting for a sea of flags on that one. LOL.

"The Play" is good.

I've exhausted my brain trying to come up with catchy names. I've thought of "Holy Crap", "The Great Escape Play", "Circus Play", "Slip-n-Catch", "The Miracle Play", "Miracle in 42nd" (as in 42nd SB), "Perfect Season Doom Play", "Pat's Doom", "Perfection Denied Play", "Boston's Buckner II", "R U Fuckin Kiddin Me Play", yada, yada, yada.

You know....I've watched the play a hundred times (at least), and the one thing I notice that no one has talked about is how Harrison brought Tyree down with his knee supported in such a way as to bring him down the way a WWF wrestler pretends to break an opponent's back.....only Harrison wasn't pretending....he really tried to break Tyree in half as he came down. Had he severed Tyree's spine, the ball would've come loose.

Three days later and all I can still think about is what happened on Sunday. I'm still coming to grips with the FACT that the Giants went all the way and brought home the trophy. Un-fricken-believable!!!!

Thank God Smith came running over to help out....otherwise Harrison is still raping Tyree.

I'll post here what I posted in the other thread about this

wanna hear something good?

One of my clients works for the New York-New Jersey branch Of ESPN and came in the other day. He was telling me about a competition for people to come up with a name for the catch and that the winner will go on TV. If you guys come up with something really good, let me know and I'll hook you guys up.

I see the name, "Immaculate Connection" being used in a couple of articles now. Using the term "connection" instead of "catch" or "reception" makes a lot of sense since it was a double-barrel miracle in my opinion.

Nice, very nice. Thats what I was trying to find, a name that would imply that the play involved two great actions.

Bradshaw's recovery was a mistake by the refs for sure, as are many pile-on situations. They need to sort that shit out. I still maintain that Pierce's PI on Watson in the endzone was bogus; he didn't make contact until after the ball was gone. That call basically handed the Pats a TD.

Bradshaw's recovery was a mistake by the refs for sure, as are many pile-on situations. They need to sort that shit out. I still maintain that Pierce's PI on Watson in the endzone was bogus; he didn't make contact until after the ball was gone. That call basically handed the Pats a TD.

I just watched that play twice on Inside the NFL and that was definately PI. AP was holding both of his arms down and Brady hit the TE in the right shoulder pad.

The Bradshaw fumble was a pure fuck up by the refs and we got so lucky on it. The PI on Pierce was a textbook call of PI, his head wasn't turned and he was holding Watson in the endzone. Pierce knew it would of been the TD if he didn't do anything, alot of defenders in this league would of done the same thing...heck you see it all the time getting the PI call instead of letting them get the TD and hoping your D can stop them.

Still surprised we got the fumble our way though.