SportsWrath

Don Banks mock draft

boohyah

Everyone says we will take this guy if he falls to us, even some friends who are big into college sports say so.

They say despite his size he plays like a mad man on the field.

I don't know why since Jerry Reese has said he wants the defense to be bigger and faster. Kieth Rivers fits that mold. But I highly doubt he'll be available at pick 31.

I don't know why since Jerry Reese has said he wants the defense to be bigger and faster. Kieth Rivers fits that mold. But I highly doubt he'll be available at pick 31.

Or pick 32 :P

I have no idea who's in the draft or w/e since I don't watch college sports. After we draft the players I'll usually read up on their college days playing and what some people think about them.

I have faith in Reese though to take who we need.

I have no idea who's in the draft or w/e since I don't watch college sports. After we draft the players I'll usually read up on their college days playing and what some people think about them.

Actually we are 31 not matter what because of the whole Patriots cheating thing. The Patriots do get San Fran's pick though (lucky bastids).

Pat forfit their draft pick for cheating. So regardless if we win the SB or not. We'll still have the 31 draft pick. Will anyone be overly upset if we draft a DT with our 1 rd draft pick?

I don't know he would have yo be some sort of great DT that fell to us. Warren Sapp like. We have our two starting DTs and we have Alford for backup, I could see us taken one in a later round for depth but I don't think Reese would waste a 1st round pick on a DT with our pressing need in the secondary.

32 belongs to us :)...anyone know if that's still considered a first round pick, or the first pick of the 2nd round?

32 belongs to us :)...anyone know if that's still considered a first round pick, or the first pick of the 2nd round?

Hey just wondering, what was the past season like for you 'fins fans? I mean I remember when we went 4-12 and all hell broke loose among the old MB and fans.

Everyone says we will take this guy if he falls to us, even some friends who are big into college sports say so.

They say despite his size he plays like a mad man on the field.

Knowing how drafts go.. and given the recent history of the Giants, I won't put too much stock in to mock drafts like this one...

Hey just wondering, what was the past season like for you 'fins fans? I mean I remember when we went 4-12 and all hell broke loose among the old MB and fans.

jesus...pain doesn't describe it. My sig is the best way of expressing it.

They say we were the best 1-15 team in history because we lost like 6 games by 3 points, but not many 1-15 teams were too good. Cam was terrible on a week to week basis. My the time the season was over, 8 of our day one starters were on IR plus god knows how many safeties we went through, the entire Ricky Williams fiasco was just a laughing stock- 6 carries, 15 yards and a torn pec for the year- not to mention that SOPCAST stopped carying Phin games after week 6, so living in NJ, I didn't see any games except for the London game and the two vs the Jets.

Midyear when all my NYG fans were complaining about Eli sucking it up, all I do was look at them with a solemn look and bow my head. Kurt Warner in 04 does not compare to a season of Cleo Lemon.

In other words.... can't wait for 08 :TU:

jesus...pain doesn't describe it. My sig is the best way of expressing it.

They say we were the best 1-15 team in history because we lost like 6 games by 3 points, but not many 1-15 teams were too good. Cam was terrible on a week to week basis. My the time the season was over, 8 of our day one starters were on IR plus god knows how many safeties we went through, the entire Ricky Williams fiasco was just a laughing stock- 6 carries, 15 yards and a torn pec for the year- not to mention that SOPCAST stopped carying Phin games after week 6, so living in NJ, I didn't see any games except for the London game and the two vs the Jets.

Midyear when all my NYG fans were complaining about Eli sucking it up, all I do was look at them with a solemn look and bow my head. Kurt Warner in 04 does not compare to a season of Cleo Lemon.

In other words.... can't wait for 08 :TU:

Yeah your sig pretty much sums it up :P

Whatever happened to Ricky? I used to think that guy would be breaking records by now, but I guess that anxiety thing got to him.

How about Beck I thought he looked....meh for a rookie on a 1-15 team but then again maybe if he had an O around him he could of done better.

Anyways we don't play you next season so all the best of luck to you :P and hope that franchise of yours is righted by the big Tuna.

Yeah your sig pretty much sums it up :P

Whatever happened to Ricky? I used to think that guy would be breaking records by now, but I guess that anxiety thing got to him.

How about Beck I thought he looked....meh for a rookie on a 1-15 team but then again maybe if he had an O around him he could of done better.

Anyways we don't play you next season so all the best of luck to you :P and hope that franchise of yours is righted by the big Tuna.

Ricky hadn't played contact football for 8 months. Cam thought it was a good idea to play him 3 days after getting reinstated on Monday Night vs. the Steelers in the most pitiful game in recent history.

Beck looked decent in his first 2 starts- 0 TDs, but 0 INTs as well, and I'd rather see that than 5 TDs and 12 INTs. The O sucks, withered once we traded Chambers. I'd like to pick up Joe Flacco or Eirik Ainge somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round for at least some competition.

Miami's my team, but one of my best friends is a Giants fan, so I always root for the Gmen, and I especially hate the Cowboys, absolutely despise them. I'm hoping to rape Dallas in a potential trade down- 2 firsts this year, a second, a first next year, and Bobby Carpenter sounds good to me and those flamers can take Mcfadden anyday of the week

Out of curiousity....how is the draft order decided?

Is it overall record?

Just the season record?

Do the two teams in the Superbowl get the last 2 picks?

Just wondering.

I think picks 1 - 19 are for teams who didn't make the playoffs. Their overall record and strength of schedule affect their position in the draft. Picks 20 - 30 depends on when they were eliminated from the playoff, overall record and strength of schedule. And Picks 31 and 32 depends on who wins the SB. I think that's how it works...

I think picks 1 - 19 are for teams who didn't make the playoffs. Their overall record and strength of schedule affect their position in the draft. Picks 20 - 30 depends on when they were eliminated from the playoff, overall record and strength of schedule. And Picks 31 and 32 depends on who wins the SB. I think that's how it works...

Thanks....I was hoping that it was determined by overall record....hence, the fuzzy feeling I would have gotten knowing we'd pick ahead of Dallas. Damn! :furious:

Thanks....I was hoping that it was determined by overall record....hence, the fuzzy feeling I would have gotten knowing we'd pick ahead of Dallas. Damn! :furious:

Just be glad Cleveland woke up this season. I bet Jerry's trade last draft looked a hell of a lot better in pre-season than it does now...