SportsWrath

Osi V.S. the dirty Light

Lughead

January 23, 2008

Osi rips Pats tackle Matt Light

Whatever happened to “Talk is cheap! Play the game!” Wasn’t that the Giants’ motto?

First Eli Manning announces to the world that “We know what it takes to beat (the Patriots).” And now we have Osi Umenyiora, accusing Patriots left tackle Matt Light of being a dirty player.

7x716o19.jpgYou can hear it for yourself tonight at 10 p.m. on HBO’s Inside the NFL, but here’s the transcript HBO just sent out:

Osi Umenyiora: “It was a good matchup the last time (between him and Light). I mean, I think I got him a couple of times, he also got me a couple of times. It was a war out there and to be honest with you, I’m not quite sure that he thought that he was going to see me again because of some of the things he did and said during that game. But, you know, unfortunately he does have to see me again.”

Bob Costas: “Trash talking is one thing. You seem to be implying that he made some dirty moves. Did something happen outside the pale?”

Osi Umenyiora: “He was doing a couple of things that you know he shouldn’t have been.”

Bob Costas: “Like what?”

Osi Umenyiora: “Hitting after the delay and trying to … I don’t know if he was trying to intimidate me, I don’t know what he was trying to do, but he did a couple of things that he shouldn’t have done and, you know, now we are really going to go at it this time.”

Bob Costas: “Were there angry words?”

Osi Umenyiora: “A couple.”

On the bright side, Umenyiora was able to bite his tongue when Costas asked him if he thought the Patriots were a “dirty team”.

“I wouldn’t call them a dirty team, I wouldn’t say that,” he said. “I haven’t really experienced them as a team to be dirty. They have certain individuals like I am sure we have certain individuals who are perceived to be dirty but people wouldn’t call them a dirty team.”

I suspect that last quote won’t be the one that ends up on the Patriots’ bulletin board. But the stuff about Light surely will.

I normally would agree with you guys. But in this case I view it like this:

The Patriots are playing to be the first team to go undefeated in the free-agent salary cap age. And a longer schedule. If that isn't inspiration enough to get a team to play as hard as they possibly can I don't know what is. So any sort of media-generated bulletin bullshit that is going to happen these two weeks....quite frankly I don't care. If anything ripping into them might anger them so much into hubris, and we all know what happened to Hitler in Russia.

Osi quote: "Light is a good player; he did some things that were questionable, but some of our guys do it too, and I'm happy to have another shot at him."

Headline: "OSI RIPS MATT LIGHT, CALLS HIM A FAGGOT AND SAYS HE'S GOING TO FUCK HIS MOTHER"

...gotta love the media.

I wish our guys would keep their mouths shut. I don't want this team to get the other team angry.

So what? IMO, both team are about business...no surprises...words don't mean a DAMN thing!!!! Bulletin Board material??? So high school. The only thing I'm worried about NE getting 'angry' about is the fact we were up by the largest margin of any team that played them before their comeback. And the Giants should be 'angry' for letting that game slip away. See #37 Butler.....see the key INT by Manning....see the eye poke by Woolfolk...

what's interesting to the dog is when a packer accused the giants of being dirty, nobody here was really blaming the media hype...strange.

What's interesting is that when I addressed the Brett Favre hype YOU didn't say a word. Nice INT Brett....you're old news...Giants win, advance to the Superbowl.

(Patriots are dirty but is that an excuse NAAAA!!! And IT damn sho' aint 'Bulletin Board' material)

What's interesting is that when I addressed the Brett Favre hype YOU didn't say a word. Nice INT Brett....you're old news...Giants win, advance to the Superbowl.

(Patriots are dirty but is that an excuse NAAAA!!! And IT damn sho' aint 'Bulletin Board' material)

the dog does find that interesting...pehaps because your favre example (which the dog doesn't recall seeing) really has very little to do with what was being said...interesting indeed.

the dog does find that interesting...pehaps because your favre example (which the dog doesn't recall seeing) really has very little to do with what was being said...interesting indeed.

Dirty Schmirty.... <_<:P

Giants advance! And who you rooting for Doggie?

Light's responce to Osi,

Matt Light finally responded to Osi Umenyiora’s somewhat veiled charges that the Patriots [team stats]’ veteran offensive lineman is a dirty player during his weekly appearance on ESPN Radio’s “The Mike Felger Show.”

The Patriots left tackle essentially brushed off Umenyiora’s remarks.

“I will tell you,” Light said, “anybody that’s ever played against me, going all the way back to my college years, and probably even high school . . . all I can say with certainty, is I’ve never, ever, ever spoken a word to anybody I’ve played against. I’m not bragging about that. That’s just the way it is. That’s just the way I play the game. I’m actually sucking wind so heavily, I couldn’t get a word out if I had to.”

Umenyiora had claimed angry words were exchanged between the two during the season finale.

Light said he watched Umenyiora’s interview on HBO’s “Inside the NFL.”

“I don’t think he said anything earth-shattering,” Light said. “I don’t think he was trying to say that I did something one way or the other. The bottom line from that conversation was, we had a very physical game, we both got after it, we went to the whistle and then some, and that’s the kind of game it was. Other than that, it was a pretty typical conversation to have with a guy.”

Umenyiora called Light out for “doing a couple of things that you know he shouldn’t have been.”

“I think sometimes you start talking . . . and like he said, some things were done out there and I’m in total agreement with that,” Light said. “We had a lot of fun out there in that game. It was a great matchup, it was a great battle. He is a very accomplished player. And he does a lot of things very well. It’s not easy going against a guy like that. What he meant was, we had a pretty good matchup, we had a lot of fun out there, and I just think it came out wrong.”

Michael Strahan, Umenyiora’s running mate at defensive end, offered up his take on the dirty discussion yesterday in East Rutherford, N.J.

“I saw that thing, man,” Strahan said of Umenyiora’s HBO interview. “He didn’t say anything. Everyone’s so worried about who’s dirty. I’ll be honest with you, you (tick) me off, I will stomp on your neck, too.

“Everybody does it. I mean, we’re punching, we’re clawing, we’re in the pile grabbing each other God-knows-where. That’s just the game of football.

“I love it when I read, ‘He’s a dirty player.’ To be honest with you, we’re all dirty. You’ve got to be a little insane to do what we do. It’s just the nature of the beast."

On a Giants board? Ya don't say. I guess we should be fair and balanced like Fox news.

If the Dog ever decided to reveal his team of choice, i will go on that teams board and look for examples of fans of that team saying things about other teams that may or may not apply to their own team, of whioch are never mentioned.

On a Giants board? Ya don't say. I guess we should be fair and balanced like Fox news.

If the Dog ever decided to reveal his team of choice, i will go on that teams board and look for examples of fans of that team saying things about other teams that may or may not apply to their own team, of whioch are never mentioned.

That will never happen. He aint gonna say his team, because there aint one. Im starting to realize he doesnt admit a team so that he can continue talking in the 3rd person and debating everything we say without having to take heat for whoever he roots for. A coward.

Im just glad I got this schmuck on ignore. :rolleyes:

That will never happen. He aint gonna say his team, because there aint one. Im starting to realize he doesnt admit a team so that he can continue talking in the 3rd person and debating everything we say without having to take heat for whoever he roots for. A coward.

Im just glad I got this schmuck on ignore. :rolleyes:

right,,,and the dog is a coward...or was this at the advice of your treating physician following your second meltdown that sent you into hiding following a giant's loss spinning threatening emails...

I have visited several different teams boards. I am not saying this board is an objective look at the NFL, but I have seen a lot worse homerism then here, a lot worse by far.

Osi quote: "Light is a good player; he did some things that were questionable, but some of our guys do it too, and I'm happy to have another shot at him."

Headline: "OSI RIPS MATT LIGHT, CALLS HIM A FAGGOT AND SAYS HE'S GOING TO FUCK HIS MOTHER"

...gotta love the media.

With all of that ass The Chief had lined up in Tampa....he would have to be Superman to have any energy left to fuck his mother. Maybe fist her a couple of times is a different story. :)

I have visited several different teams boards. I am not saying this board is an objective look at the NFL, but I have seen a lot worse homerism then here, a lot worse by far.

That's for sure....I once waded through the puke that is the Egals board....and I have yet to ever feel clean again. :o:P