SportsWrath

Dynasty?

osi724dasack

Hu? BC has been great for us, and he's only 2 years in the league. The only reason he hasnt had huge numbers this year, is cause Spags pulls the Tackles on passing downs, and sends in the speed rushers. He is a core player, for years to come.

Could have sworn I said I liked him and that he was ok. Even qualified the statement with "at this point."

But he's still young and hasn't come into his own yet, and he's a situational player. So how can you call him a "core" player right now?

Dynasty?

:lol:

Not that I agree with this post... because as Mckeef said.. we need to win the first one... yet the post does have merit to it.. it crossed my mind.. I just didn't want to give it more thought.. let's enjoy this moment.. yeah the Patriots have been to the SB 4 times this decade... the Giants were in there in 2000... and now in 2008...

I mean... we've been a solid team thru and thru... I can't say the same about the cowboys..

He has had three good games, and has made mistakes and has made great plays in each. Well I can't think of any when he went against Galloway but really, you think he has proven to be a very good corner? The entire secondary gets a lot of help from that front 7.

All your telling me here is you have to have a good team over all to win games, especialy in the playoffs. Web has been a HUGE factor in why we won the last 3. That doesnt happen to bad corners. It just doesnt. Not 3 times in a row, against the NFC's finest. Now dont get me wrong, I know just as well as anyone how bad he has been. But it seems to me he thought he was a lock at corner no matter how he played, and when he saw his name at the bottom of the chart, it lit a fire under his ass, and is now playing the way he should have. I see no reason that wont continue. As for the Pats game, they have made just about every corner they faced look like crap. So Web will have to show up big time, to be as effective has he's been.

Could have sworn I said I liked him and that he was ok. Even qualified the statement with "at this point."

But he's still young and hasn't come into his own yet, and he's a situational player. So how can you call him a "core" player right now?

He's only a situational player, cause of the way Spags runs this D. On any other team he would be full time no doubt. I call him a core player, cause if one of the rushers went down, I'd have no problem having him in full time. I dont think we would skip a beat. Look at his rookie year under a terrible DC

He's only a situational player, cause of the way Spags runs this D. On any other team he would be full time no doubt. I call him a core player, cause if one of the rushers went down, I'd have no problem having him in full time. I dont think we would skip a beat. Look at his rookie year under a terrible DC

OK, I disagree, but only in the timing of calling him that right now. I expect him to improve, and probably will agree with you next year.

Calling the Giants a Dynasty at this point is like calling Ahmad Bradshaw a hall-of-famer.

Could happen, but not overnight.

No doubt. Could it happen? Sure, but im not holding my breath. If we win this one, thats more than enough for me, at least for a few years.

Wait, wait, wait.....did I miss something :unsure:

Arent we talking about Barry Cofield here? Barry's a full time starter. Its Alford thats situational.

Wait, wait, wait.....did I miss something :unsure:

Arent we talking about Barry Cofield here? Barry's a full time starter. Its Alford thats situational.

Yea, he's the starter. But Spags tends to pull the tackles on obvious throwing downs. So he's really not on the field as much as your typical starting tackles.

oh my...one trip to a super bowl that the giants haven't won yet and there is already the "dynasty" discussion going on? this is why the dog keeps coming back here...good, well thought out conversation...

This conversation is two things dog:

1. About waht they COULD become with thier young core of contributing players.

2. One that doesnt involve you. ;)

This conversation is two things dog:

1. About waht they COULD become with thier young core of contributing players.

2. One that doesnt involve you. ;)

bigblue, the dog has to think that even you has to find it a little extreme to be talking dynasty when the team has yet to win a super bowl...

oh my...one trip to a super bowl that the giants haven't won yet and there is already the "dynasty" discussion going on? this is why the dog keeps coming back here...good, well thought out conversation...

There is hardly a discussion. Its one dumb stoner with everyone else telling him he is premature.

I don't want to say anything about a dynasty, but I will say on both sides of the ball we have great, impact players at key positions who should contribute for at least the next couple of years. On the other side, there is the Cowboys. They also have a great group of players on both sides of the ball and are a relatively young team as well. Romo has not done well in the playoffs, but he wins in the regular season meaning he will lead his team to the playoffs on a regular basis. It's only a matter of time before it clicks for Romo like it has clicked for Eli this year. It's funny that people say Romo can't win in the playoffs when Eli lost his first two playoff games and looked really bad in doing so.

All I'm saying is that with our team and with the Cowboys team, this will be an intense rivalry for the next 5 years or so IMO. It has the potential to be a rivalry on par with the current Colts/Pats rivalry.

And I look forward to seeing the Giants get the better of them more times than not!

You really have to consider the source here Dog. Everyone else already Dismissed this witlessness.

where do you come up with this . Wow we made it to the superbowl we have not played in 42 yet and we are a dynasty ????? Even if we do win thats only 1 in 17 years . The Pat's have 3 trophies in 4 years and the verdic was still out at the start of this season if they were a dynasty or not.

i meant that we may hav a FUTURE dynasty

Please either he is so old he has lost his mental capacity or he is a 14 year old punk who is mentally handicapped.

Osi you are amazing. One second you are talking about how we should have kept Warner because with Eli we can't get to the big game. Now we get there and Eli makes your DYNASTY list?

Besides which some of the players you list are NOT Dynasty players.

Ward....hey he did well but he wasn't a superstar. He is also an injury waiting to happen. AND if I recall correctly he is a free agent....and I doubt he will be signed.

Kiwi....he was improving but to count him as being a key player is just wishful right now.

Webster....he has had 3 seasons? to prove himself and hasn't done well at all, and that is being generous. Has he stepped it up this postseason? Abso-fucking-lutely but that is hardly reason to get pumped up over him as a lasting player.

Dockery....I could just copy and past Webster and change a few words. Decent player but not anyone I would associate with a dynasty. As usual you are entirely premature in your thought process. To even bring up the D word.....you just sound so....I don't mean to insult but you sound stupid when this team hasn't won anything except for a conference championship and it took 3 SB wins for the Patriots to even legitimately being called a dynasty.

Kiwi showed bigtime improvement at LB and is an athletic beast...