SportsWrath

Playoffs baby!

Virginia Giant

Stating the obvious, but can't contain my excitement. We're fucking IN! At least 1 more meaningfull game this season, and thats 3 straight years with a playoff birth. I know we all don't like some ways the team is ran or coached or plays, but you have to look at this team and think it's on the way up, even if it is slowly. A couple missing pieces, a coaching change maybe, something will take this team to the next level.

For now, i celebrate the thought of a January game, at least 1. :)

You know when they say 'no one wants to face this team in the playoffs?" we're the opposite of that team.

Knowing the Giants, this may be a very good thing. The Giants win when they're underdogs.. and they throw big stinkers when favored. I hope we go to Tampa not Seattle. So far my theory about Eli and the cold weather is holding true... we'll see.

I must admit after those first two series by Buffalo I was down. Expected another crappy Sunday. But this team really doesn't get down on itself, and they do keep fighting. That is going to help them alot down the road, and is a different attitude than we saw last season.

I must admit after those first two series by Buffalo I was down. Expected another crappy Sunday. But this team really doesn't get down on itself, and they do keep fighting. That is going to help them alot down the road, and is a different attitude than we saw last season.

I would've felt the same way.. except I've seen the Giants stink the first drive then play lights out.. and then when suddenly the weather turned bad, my hopes were dimmed... but for some reason... I believed we'd win the game..

Stating the obvious, but can't contain my excitement. We're fucking IN! At least 1 more meaningfull game this season, and thats 3 straight years with a playoff birth. I know we all don't like some ways the team is ran or coached or plays, but you have to look at this team and think it's on the way up, even if it is slowly. A couple missing pieces, a coaching change maybe, something will take this team to the next level.

For now, i celebrate the thought of a January game, at least 1. smile.gif

Man I agree. I posted it in another thread, but I'm gonna post it here too; we should:

1. Fire Gilbride

2. Draft a QB and/or bring in veteran help to push Eli (get the plan B ready).

3. Get a top-flight LT

I think if we do any two of those things, we'll end up with a playoff win, and possibly championship game appearance.

So name a playoff team you'd rather play other than the Giants.

We're better than Tampa, Seattle, and whoever is in the 6th seed... we can beat GB and Dallas. Understand that you get to watch the Giants all the time.. but only see highlights from other teams' games... Dallas lost to Philly last week.. GB lost to the Bears this week... the cup is half empty when it comes to the Giants?

Our team is as good as anyone in the NFC... at least that's how I feel.

Man I agree. I posted it in another thread, but I'm gonna post it here too; we should:

1. Fire Gilbride

2. Draft a QB and/or bring in veteran help to push Eli (get the plan B ready).

3. Get a top-flight LT

I think if we do any two of those things, we'll end up with a playoff win, and possibly championship game appearance.

I agree with Gilbride. And getting a QB coach who can fix Eli... it's the little things. So that takes care of #2... I don't think we need to draft a QB unless there's a good one in the 4th round or so.

LT? Diehl is doing great imho. We need a very good CB to compliment Ross and maybe a very good safety.

So name a playoff team you'd rather play.

Thats a trick question. If you're saying we're the weekest of the playoff teams, I won't argue THAT much, though if Minny makes it, I can't say they are any more frightfull than we are, likewise with Washington.

The last 2 weeks Dallas hasn't looked that scary, and fact is you want to be peaking heading into the playoffs, no team is doing that. Dalas lost last week and escaped this week. GB lost bad today. TB lost to the Texans last week and are about to lose to the 49ers, Seattle is playing well today but lost to the panthers last week.

I'd say we're at least as scary as tampa and the other wild card team right now.

We're better than Tampa, Seattle, and whoever is in the 6th seed... we can beat GB and Dallas. Understand that you get to watch the Giants all the time.. but only see highlights from other teams' games... Dallas lost to Philly last week.. GB lost to the Bears this week... the cup is half empty when it comes to the Giants?

Our team is as good as anyone in the NFC... at least that's how I feel.

I watch all the games most weeks and I don't feel the Giants are that good.

In the playoffs, you have to score in the red zone- we don't know how.

In the playoffs, you don't face Trent Edwards most generous arm.

In the playoffs, you don't blow a field goal try going into the end of the half and get away with it.

Shall I go on? We have to get a lot better and fast.

I watch all the games most weeks and I don't feel the Giants are that good.

In the playoffs, you have to score in the red zone- we don't know how.

In the playoffs, you don't face Trent Edwards most generous arm.

In the playoffs, you don't blow a field goal try going into the end of the half and get away with it.

Shall I go on? We have to get a lot better and fast.

thats true, but playoff teams don't lose to the Texans and possibly the 49ers (Tempa Bay). Playoff teams don't lose to the Panthers in week 15 9seahawks). These are division winners, so I like our chances as well as i like those 2 teams. Dallas and Green Bay are the class of the conference, and they have looked mortal lately. The other 2 division winners have looked down right bad, though the Hawks look good today. The other wild card team is Minny and Washington, any doubt we could beat either of those teams? Last 2 games vs those 2 be damned.

Garcia played for 2 quarters today- chucky's already started resting his team- don't let today's score fool you.

texans? i thought they got killed by the colts today- that's the game i watched......

look, you know i would like nothing more than the Giants having a good showing on the playoffs- i'm just not expecting much.

Garcia played for 2 quarters today- chucky's already started resting his team- don't let today's score fool you.

texans? i thought they got killed by the colts today- that's the game i watched......

look, you know i would like nothing more than the Giants having a good showing on the playoffs- i'm just not expecting much.

Last week the Bucs lost to the Texans.

Doesn't change the fact that right now no team is standing out as the clear cut favorite. the top two teams in the conference have looked beatable, the other two division winners havn't exactly set the world opn fire, well, Seattle did beat the jugernaut from Baltimore.

No team is hitting their stride going into the playoffs, with the possible exception of the Skins. If i were the coach of a playoff team, I would not pick a team that CAN control the game with their running attack and get lots of pressure on the quarterback as the team I would want to face more than some of the other teams in the playoffs.

Fact is our record puts us atop 4 divisions in the NFL.

We're in a tough division and our last 8 games have been tough.

We're gonna finish 10-6. Probably good enough to win 50% of the NFL divisions.

Just imagine if we had an OC who knew how to use the running game.

Fact is our record puts us atop 4 divisions in the NFL.

We're in a tough division and our last 8 games have been tough.

We're gonna finish 10-6. Probably good enough to win 50% of the NFL divisions.

Just imagine if we had an OC who knew how to use the running game.

He looked like he figured it out yesterday. What did we have, 300 on the ground? Whats most impressive is he didnt give up on the run, even after being down by 14. If we keep playing the run the way we did yesterday, we might make a run.

You know when they say 'no one wants to face this team in the playoffs?" we're the opposite of that team.

Toomer said that no one wants to play us because no one knows what their gonna get.

Everyone wants a piece of Eli. :brooding:

He looked like he figured it out yesterday. What did we have, 300 on the ground? Whats most impressive is he didnt give up on the run, even after being down by 14. If we keep playing the run the way we did yesterday, we might make a run.

Yeah and you have to wonder if Coughlin isn't responsible for that after what happened last week.

Everyone in the organization had to have been questioning the playcalling.

Wouldn't be surprised if the janitor walked up to Gilbride and said 'wtf man'.

And the fact that we waited so long to use Bradshaw really pisses me off.

....Wouldn't be surprised if the janitor walked up to Gilbride and said 'wtf man'.

And the fact that we waited so long to use Bradshaw really pisses me off.

What if Jacobs did NOT tweak his ankle? Would the Giants have still gave the carries to Bradshaw? Part of me believes that IF Jacobs wasn't hurt, this bonehead Gilbride would have used Jacobs the whole game with Bradshaw only getting 5 touches. I cannot fully thank the janitor nor Gilbride for the excellent running yesterday. But I'll take it!!!! 300 plus yds rushing and the longest run from scrimmage this year in the NFL. Thanks Bradshaw!!!! :rock: