SportsWrath

Hypothetically speaking only....

Not_Ldiggitty

Would you be happy or upset if EA pulled an Eli-type move and somehow traded up to get AJ Hawk?

Discuss.... :drool:

I do not think anyone in the draft is worth it to give up a first rounder plus others and next years first round. The draft is really deep in LB's. Maybe trading up a few spots and try to take Sims if he is projected a little higher, which I believe is true.

I do not think anyone in the draft is worth it to give up a first rounder plus others and next years first round. The draft is really deep in LB's. Maybe trading up a few spots and try to take Sims if he is projected a little higher, which I believe is true.

AJ Hawk is a beast though, just sick....like an albino LT... :TU:

It would be hard from the twenty-fifth to a top 10 draft pick. Is it worth giving up a ton of picks for it? I don't think it is unless he is a LT type of LB. I still think we need to sign a top DT or LB free agent then we can go from there in the first round.

The dude looks like Lattimer from "The Program", if they really were going to do it Hawk is a stud.... I'd welcome it but not at the cost of next year's #1 as well. Maybe if the deal were to include an exchange of first round picks in this years draft, this year's 2'nd rounder & either a player on our current roster or next year's 2'nd rounder but nothing more.

Would you be happy or upset if EA pulled an Eli-type move and somehow traded up to get AJ Hawk? Involving obviously trading away future picks, including a first round one or two....

If ernie pulls a trade like that..I rather get Haloti Ngata. This guy is going to be a monster in the NFL..watch!

No, absolutely not. Not with the depth at the position. In retrospect, I think we can all admit that moving up for Eli was a mistake, especially when Roethlisberger was available for our selection without losing any additional picks at all. Eli might be the better QB in the long run, but the difference between Eli's and Ben's career when it is all said and done will not be so different as to warrent all the extra picks.

Now, that being said, I'm a huge Eli supporter and a big fan, I'm just saying that I don't think he'll be worth the sacrifice that we made for him given the circumstances of that particular draft.

Regarding this year's draft, the circumstances are that there are numerous LBers that will be available at our first selection that are will be successful in this league. I am confident that one of them will do better or at least marginally equivalent to AJ Hawk

As beastly as AJ Hawk may be....we are in fine position to get a very good young LB at 25...Ryans and D'Qwell have outstanding football instincts and much better playing speed than given credit for, Simms is all over the field and is a playmaker.....hell, greenway may fall to us at 25...Let's stay where we are, we are in very good shape to get a good player in the first round, and don't need to be trading away the future for AJ Hawk

Edited by shockjock

Would you be happy or upset if EA pulled an Eli-type move and somehow traded up to get AJ Hawk? Involving obviously trading away future picks, including a first round one or two....

No way, no future first round picks for a first round prospect. College sucess doesn't alway translate into pro sucess.

I want a LB inthe first it doesn;t have to be hawk the class looks pretty good this year, from what i have read.

Yes, there are other comparable LBs to Hawk that can had at far less the price.

Guest Nutty Sack

I would send Shockey to NE for the number two and pick AJ.And then replace him with Dan Campbell. Only problem is I think New Orleans would be bent over in laughter.

I would send Shockey to NE for the number two and pick AJ.And then replace him with Dan Campbell. Only problem is I think New Orleans would be bent over in laughter.

:doh:

And then you wonder why people think the Fag4 are a bunch of idiots. Think about what you just said...We signed Shockey to a Multi year deal. WHY-IN-THE-FUCK-ARE-WE-GOING-TO-TRADE-OUR-PRO-BOWL-TE-FOR-A-SECOND-ROUND-DRAFT-PICK!? Please explain the logic behind that?

Guest Carbo

And then you wonder why people think the Fag4 are a bunch of idiots. Think about what you just said...We signed Shockey to a Multi year deal. WHY-IN-THE-FUCK-ARE-WE-GOING-TO-TRADE-OUR-PRO-BOWL-TE-FOR-A-SECOND-ROUND-DRAFT-PICK!? Please explain the logic behind that?

Not second round pick, second pick in the draft. Why? Because Shockey is overrated and overhyped, and with the number two pick in the draft the Front Office just might be able to do something. There are other TE's available who can drop the ball just like TO White.

Not second round pick, second pick in the draft. Why? Because Shockey is overrated and overhyped, and with the number two pick in the draft the Front Office just might be able to do something. There are other TE's available who can drop the ball just like TO White.

Glad we got Lockhart's view on this. :doh::rolleyes:

I say no, just because there are so many good defense of players in the draft this year, that I want EA to utilize all the picks we can get....

Ok, let me get this straight. Shockey is overrated (even though he was second in the league in Yards, Catches, and TDs, among TE) but you think we will get a second overall draft pick for him. Yep, that makes perfect sense.

You're a fucking moron.

Carbo quote: Not second round pick, second pick in the draft. Why? Because Shockey is overrated and overhyped, and with the number two pick in the draft the Front Office just might be able to do something. There are other TE's available who can drop the ball just like TO White.

Ok, let me get this straight. Shockey is overrated (even though he was second in the league in Yards, Catches, and TDs, among TE) but you think we will get a second overall draft pick for him. Yep, that makes perfect sense.

You're a fucking moron.

:rock: hahahaha :LMAO:

Guest Carbo

You're a fucking moron.

I see the Head Idiot has made his appearance. First, genius, quoting stats to support your position is always a loser's defense. Example, Helicopter had 24 TD's last year. But we all know he stunk up the joint with his play. "Nuff said. . .

As for BrickHands, again, his stats may be glowing in your love struck eyes, but you can't argue he disappeared for weeks at a time last year, (and the year before. . .). Toss in his penchant for showing up his QB on the field, his drops, his lack of blocking ability, his drops, his "me-first" attitude, and his drops, and and any rational person can see he is an overrated "big name".

Having said all this, (still following along, genius?), the Aint's are an organization known for stupidity, (you're from there, aren't you?). Dangle Mr. South Beach in front of 'em, and they'll jump at the opportunity to get "The Greatest Tight End in the History of Mankind", or whatever the hell it is you BrickHand Buttboys call your leader.

Guest Nutty Sack

It's as simple as this. Who wouldn't trade Shockey for AJ Hawk ??? A guy who could be the center piece of your defense for the next ten years !! Shockey is just a part on an offense with many other assets.