SportsWrath

The " we can only beat Minnesota if Kerry Collins is our QB" game summary

boohyah

Please note, I suggested at the beginning of the season that Collins might be a good pickup for backup. (however based on info from "THE GM", that wasn't going to happen.

I can't summarize this mess today like usual. By midway during the 3rd quarter I was numb.

I felt the defense was fine, 21 points from int's returned, one TD given up because a int was returned to the 5, one TD was a hopeful bomb. Cofield and Robbins stepped it up today and Osi and Strahan were fine. Overall, this game wasn't on the D.

Apart from Tynes's once a game fuck up, it wasn't on the special teams either. Tynes hit his longest of the season, punting was fine, punt coverage was fine and even had the hit of the day.

This was clearly on the offense: 2 things first, I've seen some shit here about the team being unprepared. Fuck that nonsense, when the Giants got back to 7-7, everyone here including myself were thinking, okay now the bad stuff is over we are going to win. We weren't unprepared for the opening drive so how the fuck can you say we were unprepared for every other one. We simply didn't execute. Eli sucked balls, but he got little help. Jacobs being out of this game really hurt, because he could have carved out a running game against that front line and kept them honest, but Droughans couldn't. I guarentee you that even if that game had been close that the Giants would have closed the book on the running game, because that's what we do. I see all those who bitched about Plax and Shock throwing their hands up last year are saying jack shit about Amani doing it in this game and actually checking out of the game mentally in the first half. Plus all these fucking false start calls on Eli'shard counts are simply indisclipline by the offensive line, it's geard to get the defense to jump.The only thing I can say about Eli is that last week he wasn't the biggest bust in our history, but today he is. We should all have our lives judged on just one day. And even with his 4 int's today, he still doesn't lead the Manning household this year! For those who said the whole offense sucked today, no offense but what exactly did Plaxico do wrong, Seriously?

I won't go after Coughlin, again saying they were unprepared is silly, the defense was prepared, special teams were ready, the offense stunk and it was the players that did it, nothing else.

I actually thought the d was good too, at least in the first half. Taylors ypc was realy low. The only problem is they made their qb look great, his completion percentage was high in the first half at least and he scrambled for first downs too often. Like Randoff said, we made him look like Cunningham.

Good call on the Manning int one game high total this year, put it more into perspective.

The only thing I can say about Eli is that last week he wasn't the biggest bust in our history, but today he is. We should all have our lives judged on just one day. And even with his 4 int's today, he still doesn't lead the Manning household this year!

See!?! No matter what, Eli can't outdo his brother!

Boo, being prepared for the opening drive is one thing, but they obviously were not prepared to make adjustments when things went south.

And I think the defense is getting too much credit here. They could not get off the field a couple of times.

And we made Tavaris look like Mike Vick.

I actually thought the d was good too, at least in the first half. Taylors ypc was realy low. The only problem is they made their qb look great, his completion percentage was high in the first half at least and he scrambled for first downs too often. Like Randoff said, we made him look like Cunningham.

Good call on the Manning int one game high total this year, put it more into perspective.

Hahahahahah, but the difference is...Peyton can STILL lead his team to a win. Eli gave up.

Boo, being prepared for the opening drive is one thing, but they obviously were not prepared to make adjustments when things went south.

And I think the defense is getting too much credit here. They could not get off the field a couple of times.

And we made Tavaris look like Mike Vick.

Nesta, it's one thing to say that after game one, this is game eleven. This team didn't just take the field yesterday. Interceptions and dropped passes and blown blocking are poor execution, if we had done that the game would have been a lot lot different obviously, and suddenly everyone would be talking about how good the game plan was.

I'm not blind, Gilbride is no genius, I've said that just last week, but he can't throw the ball for them.

The front line played as well as they've done all year, in fact our interior linemen may have played their best game.

We let their Rb's look very good, so there's more than points at stake here. I thought our D looked very average. Our big sack reputation is now nothing to fear; only a factor against bad teams.

As for the O, well that's obvious. A young annointed one, no real back up for him, and nobody to push him. Eli will be a career back up over time who got paid 54 million dollars to make us "okay."

I never wanted that mother fucker and it won't be long before the boos in the stadium are loud, really loud. It's just the nature of our fanbase. They don't have the energy to support our team in good times as much as they do to boo our own team when we're disappointed.

Just look at the end of the Fassel era for a most recent example.

Should have kept Collins, but then we might've taken Gallery and that would stink too. At least then, we wouldn't have Eli.

We let their Rb's look very good, so there's more than points at stake here. I thought our D looked very average. Our big sack reputation is now nothing to fear; only a factor against bad teams.

As for the O, well that's obvious. A young annointed one, no real back up for him, and nobody to push him. Eli will be a career back up over time who got paid 54 million dollars to make us "okay."

I never wanted that mother fucker and it won't be long before the boos in the stadium are loud, really loud. It's just the nature of our fanbase. They don't have the energy to support our team in good times as much as they do to boo our own team when we're disappointed.

Should have kept Collins, but then we might've taken Gallery and that would stink too. At least then, we wouldn't have Eli.

We did have 4 sacks and that's not bad. Jackson escaped a couple of times, too, so we were getting good pressure. It hurt that Strahan let him get away on that one play and that we couldn't recover Osi's forced fumble. We didn't tackle well against Taylor when he had the chance down near the goalline, but if not for an interception we wouldn't have been there to begin with. I felt that the defense played good enough. Not great though. Had the defense played great, even spectacular, we still would've lost because you can't allow 3 INT's to be returned for touchdowns, and another returned in the redzone, and win.

1. I pretty much agree with Boo

2. This is an average team. They are simply not very good. Not bad either, but they are not a very good team.

3. I will kill Ernie Accorsi if I ever see him on the street.

That being said, no reason we don't make the playoffs when the teams in the rearview mirror are even worse. I'll even bet on a first round win.

2. This is an average team. They are simply not very good. Not bad either, but they are not a very good team.

That being said, no reason we don't make the playoffs when the teams in the rearview mirror are even worse. I'll even bet on a first round win.

I figure the Giants make the playoffs at 10-6 or 9-7. This team is just so Jekyll and Hyde it's frustrating to watch. Either they play very good or play down right embarrassing.

We let their running backs look good?. Wow, they must have sucked royally coming into the game if that's the case.

We did have 4 sacks and that's not bad. Jackson escaped a couple of times, too, so we were getting good pressure. It hurt that Strahan let him get away on that one play and that we couldn't recover Osi's forced fumble. We didn't tackle well against Taylor when he had the chance down near the goalline, but if not for an interception we wouldn't have been there to begin with. I felt that the defense played good enough. Not great though. Had the defense played great, even spectacular, we still would've lost because you can't allow 3 INT's to be returned for touchdowns, and another returned in the redzone, and win.

Exactly. Most teams would be extatic to have four sacks in one game. To some of our fans it's a let-down.

28 points handed to them by Eli made the difference. They only scored 13 off their own steam; 7 off a 50/50 long bomb (which was nice coverage but just a really well placed ball) and two field goals.

Jackson only completed 10 passes. Taylor only averaged 2.48 ypc. Our D did fine.

He is a no good "imgrate"...haha.

Nesta, it's one thing to say that after game one, this is game eleven. This team didn't just take the field yesterday. Interceptions and dropped passes and blown blocking are poor execution, if we had done that the game would have been a lot lot different obviously, and suddenly everyone would be talking about how good the game plan was.

I'm not blind, Gilbride is no genius, I've said that just last week, but he can't throw the ball for them.

The front line played as well as they've done all year, in fact our interior linemen may have played their best game.

I agree with most of what you said except for the prep, the defense, and the line. If a couple of players play poorly, it's poor execution. If everyone plays poorly, it's poor coaching. Yes it's game eleven. You don't stop preparing for games just because it's 11 games into the season.

If that was the best game from our line, we're in trouble. There was pressure all game, and eli folds under pressure. There were very little in running lanes. There were multiple penalties.

The defense gave up nearly an entire quarter on one drive. And most of that was Tavaris who is not a good quarterback. But we have a habit of making scrub qb's look like future hof's.

I agree with most of what you said except for the prep, the defense, and the line. If a couple of players play poorly, it's poor execution. If everyone plays poorly, it's poor coaching. Yes it's game eleven. You don't stop preparing for games just because it's 11 games into the season.

If that was the best game from our line, we're in trouble. There was pressure all game, and eli folds under pressure. There were very little in running lanes. There were multiple penalties.

The defense gave up nearly an entire quarter on one drive. And most of that was Tavaris who is not a good quarterback. But we have a habit of making scrub qb's look like future hof's.

Tavaris is 5-2 as a starter, he may be a scrub QB, but he's doing something right.

I was talking about our interior defensive linemen playing well, not the offensive line, I've already acknowledged the o-line was poor, and I was extremely disappointed in how they gave up towards the end of the game and Eli became fair game. He could have gotten badly hurt, (then some people here would be happy with Fat Lorenzen as the starter).

We're not going to agree on the preparation issue, all I can say is that if Eli doesn't throw 4 int's and our receivers actually didn't drop passes, then we're not talking about preparation, we're talking about how we're 8-3.

Tavaris is 5-2 as a starter, he may be a scrub QB, but he's doing something right.

I was talking about our interior defensive linemen playing well, not the offensive line, I've already acknowledged the o-line was poor, and I was extremely disappointed in how they gave up towards the end of the game and Eli became fair game. He could have gotten badly hurt, (then some people here would be happy with Fat Lorenzen as the starter).

We're not going to agree on the preparation issue, all I can say is that if Eli doesn't throw 4 int's and our receivers actually didn't drop passes, then we're not talking about preparation, we're talking about how we're 8-3.

Boo come on. Tavaris is 5-2. That's got nothing to do with the record setting rookie or Taylor, or the run d.

He's not a good qb, but against us he was a superstar. He's played in 11 games netting 5tds and 11ints.

Ok, I agree with the inside d line. They played well and held taylor to little.

On the prep, it look like our team was expecting the vikes to just lay down. So in that regard, no one was ready to play. No one took this game seriously until it was too late.

I think our coaches outsmarted themselves. Option routes against the worst pass d? Trick run play on 3rd and 5? There were some boneheaded playcalls.

28 points handed to them by Eli made the difference. They only scored 13 off their own steam; 7 off a 50/50 long bomb (which was nice coverage but just a really well placed ball) and two field goals.

During that bomb, it seemed like the sun was in Ross' eyes too. It just seemed like more of a lucky catch to me than a bad play by the D; I thought our D played pretty well.

The receivers certainly didn't help Eli out, that's for damn sure. Toomer, Plax, Droughns, and Moss all had passes bounce off their hands... WTF? I've gotta admit tho, "Jeremy Droppy" sure seems to be catching a lot better this year.

I knew we were in some trouble when I read the Daily News Sunday morning. Pierce is talking about the game three years ago vs. the Vikes with the INT, punt, and kickoff returns for TDs (good, he remembers). Tuck is talking about how the team wants a rematch vs Cowboys or Green Bay in the playoffs (bad... focus on the game at hand).

During that bomb, it seemed like the sun was in Ross' eyes too. It just seemed like more of a lucky catch to me than a bad play by the D; I thought our D played pretty well.

The receivers certainly didn't help Eli out, that's for damn sure. Toomer, Plax, Droughns, and Moss all had passes bounce off their hands... WTF? I've gotta admit tho, "Jeremy Droppy" sure seems to be catching a lot better this year.

I knew we were in some trouble when I read the Daily News Sunday morning. Pierce is talking about the game three years ago vs. the Vikes with the INT, punt, and kickoff returns for TDs (good, he remembers). Tuck is talking about how the team wants a rematch vs Cowboys or Green Bay in the playoffs (bad... focus on the game at hand).

Plus, I think either our safety blitzed or was out of position because Ross was out on an island on that play. He had no help.

Some of those drops were tough catches for any receiver though...not Amani's, he played horrible....Eli hardly ever puts the ball on target or leads them at all. In fact, most of his passes are thrown behind so there can be no YAC, or else they are underthrown.

Tuck is a youngster...I like that kind of fire in him. He wants to play and beat those good teams at least...and he seemed to show it, playing pretty well(as well as Cofield and most of the defensive line), while the rest of his teamates laid down and let the Vikings have their way with them.

Plus, I think either our safety blitzed or was out of position because Ross was out on an island on that play. He had no help.

Jackson did a great job of looking off the safety and getting him to bite left, then bombed it right. It was a very nice throw but a couple inches difference and it was Ross'. Gotta give Jackson credit for that one, it was a great play.

Some of those drops were tough catches for any receiver though...not Amani's, he played horrible....Eli hardly ever puts the ball on target or leads them at all. In fact, most of his passes are thrown behind so there can be no YAC, or else they are underthrown.

Exactly. Eli's accuracy was way off for most of the game. Some of that was pressure-related but lots of it was just poor throws. I can't believe the receiver runs the wrong route 50% of the time. The attempts at long bombs to Plax, which used to be our staple, were thrown way off or out-of-bounds.

Jackson did a great job of looking off the safety and getting him to bite left, then bombed it right. It was a very nice throw but a couple inches difference and it was Ross'. Gotta give Jackson credit for that one, it was a great play.

Exactly. Eli's accuracy was way off for most of the game. Some of that was pressure-related but lots of it was just poor throws. I can't believe the receiver runs the wrong route 50% of the time. The attempts at long bombs to Plax, which used to be our staple, were thrown way off or out-of-bounds.

That's what I was thinking. You can blame the receivers for route running but not when all of them are going the wrong way. Obviously either Eli made changes that they didn't know about at the line or Eli was just really inaccurate or confused. Either way this one was on Eli because a lot of those throws were head scratchers. Toomer is also a head scratcher because he seems like such a professional player and seemed to have a good sync with Eli. Maybe there was crack in the Gatorade.

That's what I was thinking. You can blame the receivers for route running but not when all of them are going the wrong way. Obviously either Eli made changes that they didn't know about at the line or Eli was just really inaccurate or confused. Either way this one was on Eli because a lot of those throws were head scratchers. Toomer is also a head scratcher because he seems like such a professional player and seemed to have a good sync with Eli. Maybe there was crack in the Gatorade.

I missed all three of Amani's drops as I had already walked away in disgust. The drop by Droughns just highlighted why he's #3 on the depth chart. Just awful.

Yah I know, if Eli throws it to a position and the WR went the other way, it's somehow automatically the receiver running the wrong route.