SportsWrath

What do you expect after the Bye?

Nesta

This team is different from the last two years. They have this confidence and comradery that I have not seen in the past years. Everyone expects Eli to choke, he wont. The only thing that will bring us down is more injuries to our running backs. We lose to Dallas, Chicago and NE. We are better than Washington, we are not going to lose to them at home. I expect a loss to Dallas and of course NE but strangers things have happened.

I think our season is going to be more like 2005, than 2006. We got through the Dallas away game relatively unscathed, and we're on the whole healthy. At least by our standards.

Having our bye week at a reasonable time in the schedule is going to work in our favor as well. If we get through the game in Philly in good shape health-wise, there's really no reason to assume we will definitely lose any particular game--that's not the same thing as saying we will go undefeated, but we should be competitive for every game left on the schedule. Considering how early NE will probably wrap up their division, we'll probably see them while their starters are being rested, or just after they've rested their players and while they're still a little out of rhythm.

They should be fun to watch.

9/9 at Dallas L 35-45

9/16 GREEN BAY L 35-13

9/23 at Washington W 24-17

9/30 PHILADELPHIA W 16-3

10/7 NEW YORK JETS W 35-24

10/15 Atlanta

10/21 SAN FRANCISCO

10/28 Miami (London)

11/4 BYE

11/11 DALLAS

11/18 at Detroit

11/25 MINNESOTA

12/2 at Chicago

12/9 at Philadelphia

12/16 WASHINGTON

12/23 at Buffalo

12/29 NEW ENGLAND

6-2 before the break

6-2 after the break..... although I think we will lose 1 more...... so 5-3

final regular season record........11-5 plus playoff wins and Super Bowl win.

We are not losing to NE. They won't be playing their starters.

Hopefully we won't be either. It will be a preview of the Super Bowl but they will later call it the Chump Bowl.

we're beating the Colts in the SB, not the Pats.

Can you imagine that? Manning v Manning SB? If you are the kind of person sick of the Peyton commercials now, imagine a whole 2 weeks of Manning this, Manning that, what does Cooper have to say, who is Archie rooting for, will Olivia wear a Colts sweatshirt and a Giants hat?

I hate to sound like a dick... but looking at that schedule and how horribly we've played after the bye... and the fact that this Giants squad has never been able to deal with success... I'm sticking with my 7-9, 8-8 prediction.

Can you imagine that? Manning v Manning SB?

I never thought about that.

would this be the 1st time that's happened?

that'd be amazing.

I may not have known that, but I do recall that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit.

that'd be amazing.

:o He played in a Super Bowl that was in Detroit!

that'd be amazing.

I should make a shirt. Even now, almost two years later.

Lets beat the Dolphins and see what happens against the Boys. I'm not willing to predict anything given our past second half finishes. If we beat the Boys, then we can start looking ahead.

i have no idea (really) what we will do. But I am willing to predict, speculate, hope, pray, etc. for how we will finish.

I don't think my predictions have much impact on how the team plays, although some on here are too superstitious to hazard a guess. I'm not, though. In fact, I've always felt is was bad luck to be superstitious.

i have no idea (really) what we will do. But I am willing to predict, speculate, hope, pray, etc. for how we will finish.

I don't think my predictions have much impact on how the team plays, although some on here are too superstitious to hazard a guess. I'm not, though. In fact, I've always felt is was bad luck to be superstitious.

I can't help it. After the Packers game I took my Giants wallpaper down from my work computer out of disgust (planning to put it back on once i calmed down) I still havn't put it back up because i don't want to jinx them.. At half time of the Redskins game I rubbed the helmet of my Eli fathead, now I do that prior to every Giants gamne.

During baseball season, i had a Hank Blalock wallpapper at work, he got injured. Replaced that one with a Mark Teixeira wallpaper, he got injured. I didn't put another Rangers paper up the rest of the season.

When i went to Florida, I forgot my LSU hat i have been wearing all year, every day. Guess what, the one game i didn't have the hat on for, we lost.

I'm just a jinx, no other way to explain it.

I can't help it. After the Packers game I took my Giants wallpaper down from my work computer out of disgust (planning to put it back on once i calmed down) I still havn't put it back up because i don't want to jinx them.. At half time of the Redskins game I rubbed the helmet of my Eli fathead, now I do that prior to every Giants gamne.

During baseball season, i had a Hank Blalock wallpapper at work, he got injured. Replaced that one with a Mark Teixeira wallpaper, he got injured. I didn't put another Rangers paper up the rest of the season.

When i went to Florida, I forgot my LSU hat i have been wearing all year, every day. Guess what, the one game i didn't have the hat on for, we lost.

I'm just a jinx, no other way to explain it.

As I said earlier, it is bad luck to be superstitious.

Lets beat the Dolphins and see what happens against the Boys. I'm not willing to predict anything given our past second half finishes. If we beat the Boys, then we can start looking ahead.

I agree completely. If we beat Dallas after the bye, which I think we will, then we're talking 10-12 wins.

DALLAS

at Detroit

MINNESOTA

Chicago

Philadelphia

WASHINGTON

Buffalo

NEW ENGLAND

None of those teams are push-overs, Chicago & Phili are the weakest righ now. Dallas and Detroit & NE will all put our secondary to the test, while Minni, Chicago, Phili, Washington, Buffalo and NE all have good-to-great defenses that will put Eli under pressure.

I believe we will go 6-2 or 5-3 after the bye. But what everyone on here is predicting, is us losing to the Cowboys. That is the one game I am SURE we will win. We wont lose to the girlz, mark my words. The losses will come at the Hands of Detroit, Chi, Buf or Minny. A team we should beat, but will lose too. The NE game, I dont know about, as it may be 2nd and 3rd stringers were playing against. But Dallas, no way, we aint losin to them again.

This team is different from the last two years. They have this confidence and comradery that I have not seen in the past years. Everyone expects Eli to choke, he wont. The only thing that will bring us down is more injuries to our running backs. We lose to Dallas, Chicago and NE. We are better than Washington, we are not going to lose to them at home. I expect a loss to Dallas and of course NE but strangers things have happened.

Ok I can understand NE.. although I think the Giants will win that game too. But Dallas? You really think Dallas is better than us now? They won that game and it was a shoot out.. while our D has improved tremendously, theirs is the same...

And Chicago? They have no offense.. we'll kill them.

We are not losing to NE. They won't be playing their starters.

Hopefully we won't be either. It will be a preview of the Super Bowl but they will later call it the Chump Bowl.

Grrr.. You're right.. "We are not losing to NE." ... PERIOD.

Ok I can understand NE.. although I think the Giants will win that game too. But Dallas? You really think Dallas is better than us now? They won that game and it was a shoot out.. while our D has improved tremendously, theirs is the same...

And Chicago? They have no offense.. we'll kill them.

See, Im on your page. :TU: The only reason I say we would lose to a team like Chi or Buf etc. is because its the NFL and we are the Giants. Any given Sun we could lose one that we should win. But dont be surprised if we win out or lose no more than two, it just aint going to be to Dallas, mark my words.

See, Im on your page. :TU: The only reason I say we would lose to a team like Chi or Buf etc. is because its the NFL and we are the Giants. Any given Sun we could lose one that we should win. But dont be surprised if we win out or lose no more than two, it just aint going to be to Dallas, mark my words.

14-2 (that's what I pick every year.. lol)