SportsWrath

Give Reese some Credit

GorillaNJ

WILLIAMS, PETITGOUT GONE FOR YEAR

Sunday's stirring 20-7 victory by the Buccaneers over the Panthers came at a stiff cost. Starting tailback Cadillac Williams and starting left tackle Luke Petitgout are out for the year.

It's believed that Williams tore the patellar tendon in his right knee. Petitgout is believed to have a torn ACL.

Williams was injured in the first quarter, at the end of an 18-yard run. Petitgout's injury came one series later.

He knew enough to drop this overpaid oft-injured false start machine :TU:

Diehl did a fantastic job versus the (at the time ;) ) league sack leader Cole. I think Eli was only sacked once last night. A great effort by our O-Line completely overshadowed by the most dominant defensive front ever witnessed :flex:

Diehl did a fantastic job versus the (at the time ;) ) league sack leader Cole. I think Eli was only sacked once last night. A great effort by our O-Line completely overshadowed by the most dominant defensive front ever witnessed :flex:

Yea the whole line did a great job. I cant believe how well Diehl has stepped up in the LT possition. Kid owned Coles all night.

But come on guys....you can't tell me you don't miss the 2-3 false starts per game (usually during a touchdown play or significant gain) that "The Human False Start" gave you every game. Come on that man has/had talent. :huh:

Of course...when he dies I hope over the loudspeaker someone goes

"False Start 77 offense, repeat 2nd down"

Reese gets credit for knowing that Luke would hurt himself this season? Therefore he was smart to let him go. :confused:

Good job he felt Arrington was going to crash his motorbike also I guess.

I wonder if we'd all feel the same if Diehl and Whimper were stinking up the joint now.

I never did understand the total freak-out that went on when he was released; Diehl was doing OK last year in the spot without any time learning the position. Granted, I assumed Whimper was further along than it turned out he was, but i didn't think Diehl would be a waking nightmare, either.

I never did understand the total freak-out that went on when he was released; Diehl was doing OK last year in the spot without any time learning the position. Granted, I assumed Whimper was further along than it turned out he was, but i didn't think Diehl would be a waking nightmare, either.

If I had to rank our Olinemen in terms of talent Diehl would easily be #2 behind Snee. He has played every position besides center and at each spot has done a good job. Nothing fantastic at any of them to start, but it seems like the more he settles into a role the better he gets at it. That trend seemed to continue in training camp as the early reports and first 2 preseason games showed he was having some trouble. But Diehl did it again, and since the 3rd preseason game has been damn consistent. Like I said, nothing great but he is not being tossed around like a certain Eagle was last Sunday.

Edit: Ok I have to apologize for even mentioning Diehl in the same sentence as Justice. That was just downright embarrassing.

If I had to rank our Olinemen in terms of talent Diehl would easily be #2 behind Snee. He has played every position besides center and at each spot has done a good job. Nothing fantastic at any of them to start, but it seems like the more he settles into a role the better he gets at it. That trend seemed to continue in training camp as the early reports and first 2 preseason games showed he was having some trouble. But Diehl did it again, and since the 3rd preseason game has been damn consistent. Like I said, nothing great but he is not being tossed around like a certain Eagle was last Sunday.

Edit: Ok I have to apologize for even mentioning Diehl in the same sentence as Justice. That was just downright embarrassing.

Have to agree with you. Between durability, versatility, and ability, I might argue that he's actually more valuable than Snee; although Snee has it all over Diehl in pure talent at one position. I really though that with the exception of the healthy games he played last year, Pettigout was the weak link on this line.

Have to agree with you. Between durability, versatility, and ability, I might argue that he's actually more valuable than Snee; although Snee has it all over Diehl in pure talent at one position. I really though that with the exception of the healthy games he played last year, Pettigout was the weak link on this line.

Pett is a good player, the problem is he can't stay on the field. That and his mind is a mess. That many false starts can be interpreted as nothing more than a guy who is intimidated by his opposition.

Pett is a good player, the problem is he can't stay on the field. That and his mind is a mess. That many false starts can be interpreted as nothing more than a guy who is intimidated by his opposition.

I don't know about not being able to stay on the field--aside from last year, he missed 1 game in 2005 and 6 in 2003. I didn't think too highly of him as a player, but I can't fault him for a broken leg. He did have back problems, and that probably forced him to try to get a jump on his opponents.

But you can't separate the factors you mentioned from his overall play. Opposing DEs probably did everything they could get away with to get Luke to jump. That was always a problem with him.

P.S. don't worry about mentioning Justice--I'm not afraid to admit I wanted the Giants to draft him. That's why Reese is at his desk, and I'm posting here. :P

Reese gets credit for knowing that Luke would hurt himself this season? Therefore he was smart to let him go. :confused:

Yes he gets credit for knowing that a high paid player who had back problems two years in a row had a good chance of being injured this season. Good Job Reese :TU: