SportsWrath

In light of Tiki's diminishing status with Giant Fans.

boohyah

Perhaps it's time to Recognize the original # 27.

dive.jpg

Cause Rodney did it the right way, shut your mouth and play, no fumbling issues early in his career. Hit the line like you wanna kill someone, and then when you're day is done, retire gracefully and shut the fuck up.

Do not (for a second) forget that Hamp was the whole offense in those days. There was no passing threat, no real receiving threat, and H. Cross was a sign post.

The fact that we ever scored demonstrates how good Hamp was. If I had to pick Hamp or Tiki...I'm not sure it's an easy choice.

Even though Tiki was a hundred times better as a RB. Lumpy, by the looks of it, was a better teammate.

Actually if you look at the fumblitus and the arrogance of one and work ethic of the other, I say Hamp was a better .... everything.

Fuck Tiki.

Do not (for a second) forget that Hamp was the whole offense in those days. There was no passing threat, no real receiving threat, and H. Cross was a sign post.

The fact that we ever scored demonstrates how good Hamp was. If I had to pick Hamp or Tiki...I'm not sure it's an easy choice.

:clap:

I still remember when Ron Dayne showed up wearing that number. I almost had a heart attack. Hampton was the man. Right behind little Joe Morris in my book.

put a dot between the 2 and 7 and you have his rushing average.

And what was Tiki his 1st 6 years in the league?

thanks golfy :rolleyes: . my point is he was a real grinder. just followed his blocks 3 yards at a time. that was our offense at the time. barber was a more dynamic RB

Yes, I know. :P

I was only like 6 at the time, but I do remember when Hampton broke than run against the

Vikings in the 1993 playoffs.

Tiki was #21 guys, why are we dissin on Jacobs??? :huh:

I LOOOOVE Hampton, one of my all time favs, but Tiki was better, much better.

This is getting really comical now people, it aint the biggest deal in the world. Let Tiki talk, its his perrogative and he played for the team for Christ sakes. To put it in perspective, WE shouldnt say anything about the team. Just shut up and watch the football game. I mean, thats what youre saying, right? Tiki should retire and shut the fuck up? So, if a former, career, leading rusher Giant, whos nuts we were ALL on when he played should say nothing, what do you think we as people who have NEVER been paid by the org do?

The post was to highlight professionalism, nothing else. Not his rushing average or anything else. Nobody is disrespecting Jacobs or saying Tiki wasn't a better running back.

Rodney hampton on being asked how he thought Giants fans would react to his return from injury.

"who's that?".

05_1110_sp_27.jpg

That Minny game in the 93 playoffs, 5 degrees, snowed 18 inches two days before, windchill at -15 and he carried the ball on artificial turf 30 times that day.

Sadly his last game was that mess of a playoff game 4 years later vs the Vikes.

Rodney was a pros pro.

05_1110_sp_27.jpg

That Minny game in the 93 playoffs, 5 degrees, snowed 18 inches two days before, windchill at -15 and he carried the ball on artificial turf 30 times that day.

Sadly his last game was that mess of a playoff game 4 years later vs the Vikes.

Rodney was a pros pro.

You'll get no arguments from me on this one. I got tons of photos with me and Rodney after games, some here in AZ, some back east. I think Jacobs will do a fine job wearin that #. :TU:

Perhaps it's time to Recognize the original # 27.

dive.jpg

Cause Rodney did it the right way, shut your mouth and play, no fumbling issues early in his career. Hit the line like you wanna kill someone, and then when you're day is done, retire gracefully and shut the fuck up.

Amen Brother!!! Me Me Barber could learn a lot from him. No one is asking him to fade into obscurity...but stop beating the horse that you rode in on.

Tiki was #21 guys, why are we dissin on Jacobs??? :huh:

I LOOOOVE Hampton, one of my all time favs, but Tiki was better, much better.

This is getting really comical now people, it aint the biggest deal in the world. Let Tiki talk, its his perrogative and he played for the team for Christ sakes. To put it in perspective, WE shouldnt say anything about the team. Just shut up and watch the football game. I mean, thats what youre saying, right? Tiki should retire and shut the fuck up? So, if a former, career, leading rusher Giant, whos nuts we were ALL on when he played should say nothing, what do you think we as people who have NEVER been paid by the org do?

I was thinking the same thing. Calling Hamp "the real#27" is like saying Jacobs doesn't deserve to wear the #, but the argument is being made about Tiki vs. Hampton.

Anyway, I gotta disagree with you, BLUE, about Tiki. The thing is, it's just so weird to me to see a guy, one year into his retirement, divulging locker room stuff about hi sformer team and dissing his former teammates. He just comes off as a bitter, petty dope. I mean, how many guys have you seen come into the booth and start blabbering about the dynamics within their former team and going out of their way to embarrass guys that they fought with in the trenches? Okay, so maybe Tiki and Eli didn't have a good relationship. But to talk about Eli speaking in meetings and guys snickering at him- that's just weak. Again, I used to love Tiki, but he has repeatedly said and done all the wrong things since the end of the Carolina playoff game.