SportsWrath

LOL I can't belive this shit

Lughead

Tiki Barber: Ego Won't Allow Strahan to Retire

By Dan Benton | August 8th, 2007

E-mail | Print | Share

michael_strahan_controversy.jpg Strahan - bodogbeat.com

What happens you combine two of the most talked about and boring stories of the last two years? You get a single story that is mildly entertaining and will eventually become extremely played out. With that said, I still felt the need to pass this along.

On Tiki Barber's "Barber Shop" radio show, a called chimed in and suggested that Strahan's ego will keep in him the NFL. After pondering the statement for a second or two, Barber agreed, saying Strahan's ego won't allow him to walk away until he's broken the all time sacks record. He went on to add "Mike is going to break it."

Really, this story has been beaten to death; what else can I say? It's been attacked from every angle and just when you think you've heard it all, Barber throws a curveball and gives everyone something else to think about.

Other interesting notes from Barber:

- He liked Joe Gibbs and rooted for the Redskins. (Was a Skins fan growing up*) :TD:

Didn't respect Tom Coughlin; Jim Finn didn't either. (Real shocker there.)Well No SHIT and

Stick a fork in Finn

- Not sure if Ahmad Bradshaw can be the change-of-pace back the Giants need.STFU How does he know Is he at camp????

- Doesn't think Brandon Jacobs can stay healthy; believes the Giants will use running back by committee. I would Love to see Jacobs POP Tivi in the Fucking mouth

- Giants "D" is a big question mark. obvious that he has not been following what Spag's has been doing for us.

- Claims the Eagles are "the team to beat" in the NFC East this year. Consider it done Now go Fuck off

I dont know why he feels he needs to "Involve" himself in any Giant's matters now. The last i heard he QUIT!!!!!!!!! The correct answer to that question would of been "Thats between Strahan and the Giants Organization."

I was not going to post this but I felt I had to and from now on I will no longer Post anything that "Egomaniac" says

It's one thing to say he didn't respect Coughlin; but Finn, assuming that his shoulder heals, still has to play for the man. That's a REAL shitty move, and I'm sure Jim appreciates it, considering how he's a borderline player as it is.

Is he implying that our running game will fall apart without him? You know he's hoping it will--what an ego boost that would be.

Nah, his book isn't going to be a hatchet job. Not at all.

In regard to his "other notes", there's really nothing too wrong about what he said if you think about it.

I mean in regards to Finn, has he really exposed him?, I mean after all, we are the team that looked to spend $2million a year to replace him with a virtual unknown. Chances are Coughlin tried to get rid of him.

Jacobs has had to leave several games because he got banged up. It's not impossible he couldn't get hurt, a lot of guys who play as hard as he does do get hurt.

It would be nice if he was less mean spirited, he's really building his little soapbox for himself.

I heard his show and his best line was how "yes Tom helped my career, but he never respected me".

Carl Banks on WFAN absolutely ripped him a new ass today, basically said "hey tiki, you should have been on our teams with Parcells, Belichick, Coughlin, Earhardt etc. you would have gone home crying everyday'.

who cares? thats his opinion, the only stupid thing he said is about coughlin and finn.

god, you make it as if hes forbidden to insult the Giants.

i lost a lot of respect for tiki over the last 6 months but i dont care about this one.

I'm at a lost for words. I've been a Tiki fan for the longest time. Even when he fumbled alot, before he had the 3 monster years with TC. He's always had a special place in my heart. But I can't believe this man has completely ruined his reputation in less than a year.

Its sad really...

I'm at a lost for words. I've been a Tiki fan for the longest time. Even when he fumbled alot, before he had the 3 monster years with TC. He's always had a special place in my heart. But I can't believe this man has completely ruined his reputation in less than a year.

Its sad really...

Same here, I was a huge fan of his when he played for UVA and was estatic when we drafted him, now, i wish he would just STFU.

I am starting to truly dislike Tiki; he's showing a real lack of class and he actually think his BS may galvanize the team towards Tom.

Tiki was great and I loved him on the field, but I may also boycott the Today show because of his Scatman Cruthers looking ass.

He felt like Tom didn't respect players, sure, that's why he's spent a lifetime with them; newsflash: Tiki is gone and at this point I don't care. At least Rodney Hampton went away without leaving a shitty wake.

I am starting to truly dislike Tiki; he's showing a real lack of class and he actually think his BS may galvanize the team towards Tom.

Tiki was great and I loved him on the field, but I may also boycott the Today show because of his Scatman Cruthers looking ass.

He felt like Tom didn't respect players, sure, that's why he's spent a lifetime with them; newsflash: Tiki is gone and at this point I don't care. At least Rodney Hampton went away without leaving a shitty wake.

That's the thing I don't get. Take a guy like Simms who had reason to be pissed at his treatment towards the end, the guy never said a peep.

Tiki went out on top, on his own terms. Guy has diarrhea of the mouth.

Unfortunately you don't get a radio show if you don't say anything. I think the most pathetic thing is the way people overanalyse every word that comes out of his mouth. There ARE question marks over the D and the RBs and he'd just be a Homer if he said otherwise. Or Rich Eisen.

Unfortunately you don't get a radio show if you don't say anything. I think the most pathetic thing is the way people overanalyse every word that comes out of his mouth. There ARE question marks over the D and the RBs and he'd just be a Homer if he said otherwise. Or Rich Eisen.

That's B.S.- Simms and Parcells are all over the media and still manage not to burn bridges. He's not doing it to be controversial, he's got a genuine chip on his shoulder for no good reason.

I've heard Simms criticise the Giants before, but I never saw articles slamming him for it. Like it or not the guy is now paid to give his opinion, and that's what he's doing. He should shut up about his beef with Coughlin though, that's in the past and just getting childish.

Wow, I thought I was the only one to feel like this.

Way overhyped, and he's not saying anything we dont already say. I mean, if you want insight on whats going on inside a team, who better to ask, than a former player. And at least he's not lying. He's tellin it like it is, whether we want to hear it, or not. I respect that. Why is it, that now that Tiki is not on the team, he should not comment on them? I dont get it.

That's B.S.- Simms and Parcells are all over the media and still manage not to burn bridges. He's not doing it to be controversial, he's got a genuine chip on his shoulder for no good reason.

It's not BS at all. Tree is right, if you look past the fact that Tiki is saying it, then most of what he said has some validity to it.

I wouldn't ever say that Parcells of all people hasn't burned bridges with the media, you've watched his press conferences right?. When was the last time he had a press conference where he didn't spend the majority of it talking to the reporters like they are morons. He's not got a lot of reporter friends out there except for his friendship with Mike Francesa as they are in business together.

It's total BS. Parcells and Simms have never gotten personal like Barber does. Yes, they're controversial. of course. We're talking about turning on your coaches and teammates. Burned bridges with the media? who the hell is talking about that? Barber is slimey and is setting himself up for a short career.

besides, booyah would disagree with me even if I said he was charming and good looking because he thinks I'm in the club.

It's not BS at all. Tree is right, if you look past the fact that Tiki is saying it, then most of what he said has some validity to it.

I wouldn't ever say that Parcells of all people hasn't burned bridges with the media, you've watched his press conferences right?. When was the last time he had a press conference where he didn't spend the majority of it talking to the reporters like they are morons. He's not got a lot of reporter friends out there except for his friendship with Mike Francesa as they are in business together.

BS

you know why?

-Didn't respect Tom Coughlin; Jim Finn didn't either. (Real shocker there.)

- Not sure if Ahmad Bradshaw can be the change-of-pace back the Giants need.

- Doesn't think Brandon Jacobs can stay healthy; believes the Giants will use running back by committee.

His attitude . he acts like just because he retired the Giants have no running game . He acts like it was all him.

BS

you know why?

His attitude . he acts like just because he retired the Giants have no running game . He acts like it was all him.

News Break: It WAS! I love Jacobs as much as any of you, but Tiki carried our team for the last few years. I'm sure Jacobs will do well this year and I'm excited about the little I've heard about Bradshaw, but they have a combined 1 year NFL experience. We just don't know how well they'll play yet.

It's total BS. Parcells and Simms have never gotten personal like Barber does. Yes, they're controversial. of course. We're talking about turning on your coaches and teammates. Burned bridges with the media? who the hell is talking about that? Barber is slimey and is setting himself up for a short career.

besides, booyah would disagree with me even if I said he was charming and good looking because he thinks I'm in the club.

What the fuck are you talking about, quit making this shit personal. It's getting tiring.

I have to agree, I never remember Simms making everyything a personal issue or trashing the team for his own personal gain. Tiki is gonna do/say whatever he can to sell his book and promote his tv career, he's the NFL version of Canseco, wait and see.