SportsWrath

THE OFFICIAL LIST OF "BAD LISTS"

BadEgg

Good to see you, Nemisis. But you're jumping in late and missing the point on this thread. This is my bad list thread, but it has turned into an Eli thread because, as you can see, Eli keeps appearing on the bad lists.

I am not a blind pumper of Romo, like many Giants fans are with Eli. I believe Romo played well enough to be the starter this year. I also believe that the Cowboys have put themselves in a position where they may have to extend his contract before this season. But, if Romo's play at QB costs them a playoff birth this season, or a playoff game this season, I want him out.

Im sorry, but Romo startin 10 games this season, and only playing well enough to brag about in 3 or 4 of those, wouldnt convince me. His rating is inaccurate to a whole season. He played decent vs. Carolina, real well against Wash., AZ and TB. The rest of his 10 starts were trash. Esp. N.O. That kinda inconsistency would lead me to believe he couldnt carry the load a whole season. And if youre gonna continuously bring up Eli's 1st playoff debacle, at least he didnt single handedly screw it up.

Im sorry, but Romo startin 10 games this season, and only playing well enough to brag about in 3 or 4 of those, wouldnt convince me. His rating is inaccurate to a whole season. He played decent vs. Carolina, real well against Wash., AZ and TB. The rest of his 10 starts were trash. Esp. N.O. That kinda inconsistency would lead me to believe he couldnt carry the load a whole season. And if youre gonna continuously bring up Eli's 1st playoff debacle, at least he didnt single handedly screw it up.

Interesting that you labled Romo's other games "trash." That would mean that the Cowboys, with trash at QB, ended the Colt's undefeated streak and beat the Giants in NJ. Interesting, how the Giants couldn't prevent the trash from throwing a perfect strike to Witten to set up the game winning field goal... :confused:

As far as Manning's first playoff appearance, he threw interceptions on three consecutive second half possessions and lost a fumble...Had Romo played as well as Manning, the Cowboys would have been down by 20 and would not have been kicking a FG with 1 minute left...

Besides, I would rather see my QB muff a hold on a FG, then play like Manning did. The Cowboy's solution is simple: Get another holder.

The Giant's problem cannot be fixed so easily, unless of course, the new NFL commissioner makes the Chargers return the players they stole...You never know, he is tough on crime... :LMAO:

Interesting that you labled Romo's other games "trash." That would mean that the Cowboys, with trash at QB, ended the Colt's undefeated streak and beat the Giants in NJ. Interesting, how the Giants couldn't prevent the trash from throwing a perfect strike to Witten to set up the game winning field goal... :confused:

As far as Manning's first playoff appearance, he threw interceptions on three consecutive second half possessions and lost a fumble...Had Romo played as well as Manning, the Cowboys would have been down by 20 and would not have been kicking a FG with 1 minute left...

Besides, I would rather see my QB muff a hold on a FG, then play like Manning did. The Cowboy's solution is simple: Get another holder.

The Giant's problem cannot be fixed so easily, unless of course, the new NFL commissioner makes the Chargers return the players they stole...You never know, he is tough on crime... :LMAO:

Yeah, in Mannings losing games he had at least 1 perfect stike to a receiver, big whoop. Romo's stats stunk.

But, if your QB cannot simply hold for a place kick, how are you comfortable with that person leading your team. How are you so sold on Romo when he hasnt even had 10 games worth of consistency. And the teams he did dominate,(TB, AZ, WASH).....WOW, big accomplishment. :rolleyes:

Yeah, in Mannings losing games he had at least 1 perfect stike to a receiver, big whoop. Romo's stats stunk.

But, if your QB cannot simply hold for a place kick, how are you comfortable with that person leading your team. How are you so sold on Romo when he hasnt even had 10 games worth of consistency. And the teams he did dominate,(TB, AZ, WASH).....WOW, big accomplishment. :rolleyes:

Listen up, Big Blue...For the 100 time, I am not sold on Romo...I will give him this year...He earned that by taking a team left for dead to the playoffs...But the hold on the snap is simple irrelevant at this point in time because HE IS NO LONGER THE HOLDER...

Listen up, Big Blue...For the 100 time, I am not sold on Romo...I will give him this year...He earned that by taking a team left for dead to the playoffs...But the hold on the snap is simple irrelevant at this point in time because HE IS NO LONGER THE HOLDER...

And he still choked when it counted. :TU: At least when Eli has been in the position to bring his team back and win it, he deliverd.

And it was you who stated that he has EARNED the starting job. Isnt that being sold on him?

Ok, the Dog has to admit, that is funny...

Not really, the Chargers wanted him too. If it werent for Eli's refusal to play, they woulda kept him.

All the more reason why the Giant's management was poor...If the Dog recalls, Manning (or atleast his daddy) was very open about not wanting to play in San Diego...why not draft Rivers, keep your picks, and when Manning continued to demand a trade, then come in with an offer (most likely San Diego would be a tad more desperate, not knowing if Brees at the time was the answer) that didn't result in giving up that much...if it didn;t work out, you still have a top prospect in that position, plus your other picks...

And while on the subject, is it not fair to question Manning's leadership abilities when he was whining through his daddy that he didn't want to play for a team? That was red flag #1 for the Dog...

And he still choked when it counted. :TU:At least when Eli has been in the position to bring his team back and win it, he deliverd.And it was you who stated that he has EARNED the starting job. Isnt that being sold on him?

Oh, Bigblue, this comeback is getting old, I know. But I can't resist: Eli was in a position back to win in Tenessee when he threw the ball to Pacman. The score was tied at that point. You see, Eli DIDN'T even put his team in the position to botch the hold on the winning FG... That is not what I would call "delivering."

Interestingly, I believe the 2nd Eagles game at the Meadowlands last season was 29-22 Eagles. I believe the Giants had the football late in the 4th and I believe that it was intercepted by Trent Cole and returned for a TD. I don't think that was "delivering" either.

What is even more interesting is that these two losses can be placed squarely on Eli's shoulders and, had Eli performed better under pressure, the Giants would have finished with a better record then the Eagles and possibly had a home playoff game...

I could be mistaken, but a reasonable man could describe Eli as "choking" with the game on the line... :drool:

And he still choked when it counted. :TU:At least when Eli has been in the position to bring his team back and win it, he deliverd.

So did Jake Plummer a number of times...and he is still considered a mediocre QB...In fact, the Dog might argue that Eli and Plummer are very similar thus far...

Oh, Bigblue, this comeback is getting old, I know. But I can't resist: Eli was in a position back to win in Tenessee when he threw the ball to Pacman. The score was tied at that point. You see, Eli DIDN'T even put his team in the position to botch the hold on the winning FG... That is not what I would call "delivering."

Interestingly, I believe the 2nd Eagles game at the Meadowlands last season was 29-22 Eagles. I believe the Giants had the football late in the 4th and I believe that it was intercepted by Trent Cole and returned for a TD. I don't think that was "delivering" either.

What is even more interesting is that these two losses can be placed squarely on Eli's shoulders and, had Eli performed better under pressure, the Giants would have finished with a better record then the Eagles and possibly had a home playoff game...

I could be mistaken, but a reasonable man could describe Eli as "choking" with the game on the line... :drool:

Funny you mention the SECOND EAGLES game, not the first where were down and Eli DID bring us back. And the Game against Denver, where he drove the team down the field and threw the winning TD under pressure. Romo led no 4th qtr comebacks last season and choked when it meant most aginst Seattle.

No one said Eli hadnt had tough times. I brought up the choke when it counts as pertaining to Homo. Dont twist that around.

And he still choked when it counted. :TU:At least when Eli has been in the position to bring his team back and win it, he deliverd.

So did Jake Plummer a number of times...and he is still considered a mediocre QB...In fact, the Dog might argue that Eli and Plummer are very similar thus far...

You gotta point, I just believe Eli will turn out better.

Funny you mention the SECOND EAGLES game, not the first where were down and Eli DID bring us back. And the Game against Denver, where he drove the team down the field and threw the winning TD under pressure. Romo led no 4th qtr comebacks last season and choked when it meant most aginst Seattle.

No one said Eli hadnt had tough times. I brought up the choke when it counts as pertaining to Homo. Dont twist that around.

The Cowboys were losing to the Colts in the fourt quarter and scored 14 unanswered points...Romo also led them to the game winning FG against the Giants...

The Cowboys were losing to the Colts in the fourt quarter and scored 14 unanswered points...Romo also led them to the game winning FG against the Giants...

The D, brought them back against Indy. Against the Giants he had that one throw, if you wanna call tha bringing back, OK.

:rolleyes: You were on their 19 yard line at the beginning of the 4th quarter, down by 7. Way to make it sound like a big comeback.

.....the Giants would have finished with a better record then the Eagles and possibly had a home playoff game...

I could be mistaken,,,,,,,

The INT example to Pacman Jones is getting old...please find another INT example? But Toni Roma botching a snap in a playoff loss is emotionally scarring to you, the organization and to Tony Roma himself.

Clear something up for me??? You want Romo in or OUT?? And by the way lots of so called 'experts' had Dallas doing better than they did in 2006. Some even picked Dallas to win the division....so the 'left for dead' is another innacuracy you point out time and time again about your so called Cowboys.

...you started of by saying (in other posts) that if Romo was to be as fucked up as Eli supposedly is....you'd want Romo out? So you're now saying that you are pulling the cord on Romo because of 10 or so games? This year ONLY? So tell me who should the Cowboys get to replace this Romo with....since it's so easy to fix the situation being that Romo will no longer hold for extra points????

I got it....!!!! Daunte Culpepper would be an excellent fix to the Cowboys situation, since you are ONLY giving Romo 14-17 games more.

Good to see you, Nemisis.

Nice to see you too...

But you're jumping in late and missing the point on this thread. This is my bad list thread, but it has turned into an Eli thread because, as you can see, Eli keeps appearing on the bad lists.

I inderstand what the thread is about. But not of the negative comment by the so call "experts' should be focus on Eli. I mean, the Giant were 8-8 team, but I can think of at least 5 game in which Eli Manning tie or gave the go ahead lead late in the game. Only to have our defense lose the game for us. I can think of at least 2 game where Eli had a big lead, only for the Defense turn around completely collapse at the end of the game. And this is not including the playoff game against the Eagles.

I am not a blind pumper of Romo, like many Giants fans are with Eli. I believe Romo played well enough to be the starter this year. I also believe that the Cowboys have put themselves in a position where they may have to extend his contract before this season. But, if Romo's play at QB costs them a playoff birth this season, or a playoff game this season, I want him out.

C'mon Badegg, what do you expect? I can go to any mall here in Dallas and find at least 5 Cowboys fan that believe Tony Romo is a better QB than Peyton Manning. Hell, I remember people here were actually compairing Quincy Carter and Troy AIKMAN!!!!! Yes, the very same TROY AIKMAN that won 3 SuperBowl for you guys.

I will never forget the conversation I once had with this gentleman from work, who actually believed Michael Irving was a better WR than Jerry Rice. But yet, he couldn't provide me the name of the Cowboys starting RT. Oh BTW, he claimed to be a huge Cowboys fan. I had no choice but to ask him if Michael Irving was his crack dealer.

The point is, every team has those types of fans.

Jesus Christ.

Can we all just agree that they're BOTH young quarterbacks who have shown flashes but haven't proved shit to anyone yet?

Or am I spoiling all the fun?

But the 'bad lists' thing Eggo put up has Eli on it as being top 10 worse moves of an organization, or something like that. And mr. Eggy (like the rest of the Cowboy fans) thought (for the first few Romo games) that he was the next best thing since Roger Staubaugh. And the Giants 'sold the farm' to get Eli.

I look at it this way....true that the Giants gave up a lot for Eli on draft day BUT the move kinda freed up monies to sign guys like Burress and Mckenzie. Since the Giants didn't have to pour money on a first rd contract player the year after Eli Manning trade....and WHEN Eli comes around to being a very consistent QB...I'll be ok with the draft move of 2004.

Clear something up for me??? You want Romo in or OUT?? And by the way lots of so called 'experts' had Dallas doing better than they did in 2006. Some even picked Dallas to win the division....so the 'left for dead' is another innacuracy you point out time and time again about your so called Cowboys.

...you started of by saying (in other posts) that if Romo was to be as fucked up as Eli supposedly is....you'd want Romo out? So you're now saying that you are pulling the cord on Romo because of 10 or so games? This year ONLY? So tell me who should the Cowboys get to replace this Romo with....since it's so easy to fix the situation being that Romo will no longer hold for extra points????

I got it....!!!! Daunte Culpepper would be an excellent fix to the Cowboys situation, since you are ONLY giving Romo 14-17 games more.

Who should the Cowboys replace Romo with should he not live up to expectations this season? With two first round picks in next years draft, the Cowboys can replace Romo with anyone they want... :rolleyes:

Who should the Cowboys replace Romo with should he not live up to expectations this season? With two first round picks in next years draft, the Cowboys can replace Romo with anyone they want... :rolleyes:

QB

Matt Baker

Richard Bartel

Brad Johnson

Matt Moore

Maybe it could be one of these studs!!!! LMAO!!!!

QB

Matt Baker

Richard Bartel

Brad Johnson

Matt Moore

Maybe it could be one of these studs!!!! LMAO!!!!

Since I believe that most, if not all of the QBs listed are currently on the Cowboys roster, I sincerly doubt that they will be forced to use any of their 1st round picks as bargaining chips.

In the event that the Cowboys do need a QB after this season, my advice to Jerry Jones is simple:

DON'T DEAL WITH SANDIEGO... :LMAO: