SportsWrath

Jeez, I hate to say it...

Sephiroth

But how fucking cool would it be if we got Lance Briggs before the start of the year?

We'd actually have a pretty solid D. My only question mark as of now is with the LBs.

I have a funny feeling he's staying right where he is in Chicago... for all his "I'll sit out the year" crap, he's gonna make 7 mil this year after making something like 300K last year... but still, it would be awesome.

But how fucking cool would it be if we got Lance Briggs before the start of the year?

We'd actually have a pretty solid D. My only question mark as of now is with the LBs.

I have a funny feeling he's staying right where he is in Chicago... for all his "I'll sit out the year" crap, he's gonna make 7 mil this year after making something like 300K last year... but still, it would be awesome.

Actually I think our defensive backfield is still in trouble. Yea we got Ross.. Then what? Madison, McQuarters... I think we're better off at LB than we are at CB. A LB may give up a 7 yard run.. but a CB gives up the 40 yarder. Sure if we can get Briggs, it's great.. then we only have to worry about our backfiled.

Hell no to Briggs. This team needs to rebuild and to rebuild you need draft picks, not FAs.

Any team that gets Briggs is instantly better. He is one of the top 2 or 3 guys at his position. Draft picks you get a maybe. In Briggs you get an All-Pro.

Hell no to Briggs. This team needs to rebuild and to rebuild you need draft picks, not FAs.

In all fairness we did let go for Emmons and LaVar... Mitchell is only here breifly and Briggs is his prime. Relying completely on the draft won't get you anywhere. You need the right mix of veterans and young guns. But again, my worry is our CBs/Safeties.

Any team that gets Briggs is instantly better. He is one of the top 2 or 3 guys at his position. Draft picks you get a maybe. In Briggs you get an All-Pro.

Hey Jim, how the hell are you? Good to see you on the Board! I agree I lived in the Chicago area, Briggs is a big time player and prolly much of the success that Urlacher gets is because of him.

Hey Jim, how the hell are you? Good to see you on the Board! I agree I lived in the Chicago area, Briggs is a big time player and prolly much of the success that Urlacher gets is because of him.

Doing well, Charlie, thanks. I haven't gotten a chance to be on the boards in awhile so I decided I'd drop by since we have the draft to talk about. I'm in Tampa now, and doing well. Good to see you here as well.

Briggs is also only 26.

In all fairness we did let go for Emmons and LaVar... Mitchell is only here breifly and Briggs is his prime. Relying completely on the draft won't get you anywhere. You need the right mix of veterans and young guns. But again, my worry is our CBs/Safeties.

and how do you know he's only here briefly? they can always resign him after next year, dude.

and how do you know he's only here briefly? they can always resign him after next year, dude.

I understand that but Briggs is proven. If Mitchell does well then we have 1 more solid LB.

Wow, we drafted a guy who's gonna take a lot of work just to play nickel, while the rest of the secondary were amongst the league's worst in pass defense, and you're only ? is the LB's?

Rebuild? Are you kidding? We need Eli to step up. Thats all. Few players here and there in the secondary, we'll be fine.

Rebuild? Are you kidding? We need Eli to step up. Thats all. Few players here and there in the secondary, we'll be fine.

You make it sound so easy...I think the secondary need major improvement. This could be because of the type players we have, or, because the of coach (Tim Lewis) we had. (porbably a combination of both) We won't know for certain until the season starts.

Either way, this defense needs to be rebuild.

Correction: We need players around Eli to step up.

As far as a few players here & there.. we did that last year.. and we were terrible. I disagree with Nesta that our First Rounder is gonna have a limited role.

With our current stock of LBs (including Kiwi), we can do without Briggs but our defense, at least the fron 7 will be tough to deal with. We still need to solidify our Defensive backfield.

Christ! Looking at this thread, it just goes to show we still have a bunch of holes to fill.

Webster had better bring his A-game this year. If he farts around like last year, we are FUBAR. We need him to step up, kind of like the way DeAngelo Hall did.

But LBer, Im stilll wondering why we didnt pick Pozluzny or Merriweather.

Christ! Looking at this thread, it just goes to show we still have a bunch of holes to fill.

Webster had better bring his A-game this year. If he farts around like last year, we are FUBAR. We need him to step up, kind of like the way DeAngelo Hall did.

But LBer, Im stilll wondering why we didnt pick Pozluzny or Merriweather.

I think CB is a bigger need. We were able to sing Mitchell at LB.. Kiwi is moving to LB and we got Wilkinson... our CBs suck.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Kiwi will be back at LDE by week 10.

Strahan will get hurt, and Tuck will be on IR by week 5.

As long as he can pick it all up quickly, Kiwi will be playing both positions anyway.

Everyone stays healthy, we're going to have a mean 3 man rush on 3rd down.

It's possible, but unlikely. Since the day he signed, the writing on the wall was crystal clear: he was dissatisfied with the contract offers he got this offseason, and he wants to use 2007 to position himself for a better contract/opportunity in 2008.

Keep in mind that he insisted on signing a 1-year contract, not the Giants.