SportsWrath

"Kiwi, can you make the transition to LB?"

so-cal dub

I still think Al Wilson will pass our 2nd Physical.

Jerry Reese: "okay Al lets start, pick up that pen"

Wilson: "okay, done, what now?"

Jerry Reese:"Okay, sign your name here at the bottom of this incentive based contract"

Wilson: " (writing) done, what now Mr. Reese"

Reese: "Al, congrats, you've just passed your physical!"

You have to have Reese say Al Wilson alot, he seems to repeat himself, alot.

Better than wearing a rug on his head though

Might as well. A lot of his throws look like kicks anyway.

I still believe in ya, Eli... :TU:

:LMAO::LMAO:

I don't klike it at all. Don't get me wrong I think he can do it, but he was more valuble at DE, spelling Strahan and an imediate starter proven replacement when he gets hurt.

Doesn't Kiwi play on the same side as Osi?

I don't mind getting Ross, or Wright for that matter. But I don't see us saying we're moving Gibril to corner because he's a good athlete. I would have rather us get the guy in the first round that fills the postiion we needed the most help in (linebacker)

We did. We needed the most help at cornerback. Webster and Madison arent very good.

Madison is geriatric and Webster is a cocklick. Lets hope Ross isnt anything like our usual ex CB draftees - Wills, Webster etc

Don't give up on Web just yet. He really didn't have the best coaching. If he was the only one who sucked it would be one thing, when the entire secondary sucks, thats motre than just lack of talent. Lets see how he does with the knew DC who's name i can't spell.

Don't give up on Web just yet. He really didn't have the best coaching. If he was the only one who sucked it would be one thing, when the entire secondary sucks, thats motre than just lack of talent. Lets see how he does with the knew DC who's name i can't spell.

Just call him the Spagster like TBC named him :LMAO:

We did. We needed the most help at cornerback. Webster and Madison arent very good.

Second half of the season last year Madison was fine. Webster is in his second season and deserves a third to prove himself.

Again, I don't have a problem with the pick, however before the draft we had a good idea who could be our corners for next year. We didn't know for sure who our weakside and strongside linebackers were.

Madison is geriatric and Webster is a cocklick. Lets hope Ross isnt anything like our usual ex CB draftees - Wills, Webster etc

Ross will turn 25 in September. That means in 3 or 4 years, when he will fully grasp the NFL game, he'll already be getting old. :doh:

Ross will turn 25 in September. That means in 3 or 4 years, when he will fully grasp the NFL game, he'll already be getting old. :doh:

25 don't mean a thing less he has been playing since he was 8

25 don't mean a thing less he has been playing since he was 8

It means something when you're 25 and a ROOKIE.

It may take a few years for him to grasp the NFL. Most guys are turning 25 at that point.

It may take a few years for him to grasp the NFL. Most guys are turning 25 at that point.

yeah maybe he didn't go straight to college right out of high school? he was a camp counselor helping kids kinda like Amani Toomer.

At 25 he should be a quicker study. Football never changes, it's throw, catch, block and tackle the same as it is in the backyards of Virginia to the high schools of Texas to the campuses in Florida to the NFL. The game is the same just faster men are playing. At 25 physically Ross should be ready, he should just need the year to get used to covering faster receivers.

At 25 he should be a quicker study. Football never changes, it's throw, catch, block and tackle the same as it is in the backyards of Virginia to the high schools of Texas to the campuses in Florida to the NFL. The game is the same just faster men are playing. At 25 physically Ross should be ready, he should just need the year to get used to covering faster receivers.

I just think it's weird to draft a 25 year old rookie. It's like 3 years have already been taken off his NFL career.

On a serious note, I hate this idea. When you draft a guy with the idea that one day he'll be your starting DE, you don't switch him around like this. He could very well be great in the position, but to me this just smacks of "we didn't draft correctly like year".

There were at least 2 linebackers at 20 when the Giants drafted yesterday. maybe you should have gotten one then????

I sincerely doubt that playing LB will preclude Kiwi's development as a DE. Obviously he was drafted to be a DE, and that's the position where he can make the greatest impact. But the positional the demands of DE and SLB have a lot of similarities, and I sensed the inference that he'll be used as a DE in pass rushing situations. As much as I disliked taking Kiwi at 32 (and I remain skeptical of the decision), I think he's demonstrated the diligence, character, and athletic talent to excel at both positions, if not simultaneously.

As for not drafting correctly last year, that could be the case. I suspect that this move, however, is rooted in getting the best players on the field. Two reasons, (1) the Giants pretty much discovered that Kiwi can be an effective SLB (he was our best LB in coverage last year, which is eveyr bit as remarkable as it is sad)...they wouldn't have known that about him -- despite their longitudinal scouting -- because he was a DE in college and never had the opportunity to play elsewhere; (2) the decision was driven by Spags, who wasn't with the organization when Kiwi was drafted.

Regarding the available LBs at 20 (I assume you're referring to Beason and Pozluszny), that's irrelevant. The decision to deploy Kiwi at SLB was made before the draft and therefore factored into the Giants' draft strategy. They didn't take a LB early because, among other things, they added Kiwi and Kawika Mitchell to the mix, thereby alleviating their immediate need for starting OLBs. You could argue that such a thought process is short-sighted, since Mitchell signed a 1-year deal and Kiwi's future is at DE, but perhaps the Giants addressed their future need at LB by drafting Wilkinson and DeOssie.

I sincerely doubt that playing LB will preclude Kiwi's development as a DE. Obviously he was drafted to be a DE, and that's the position where he can make the greatest impact. But the positional the demands of DE and SLB have a lot of similarities, and I sensed the inference that he'll be used as a DE in pass rushing situations. As much as I disliked taking Kiwi at 32 (and I remain skeptical of the decision), I think he's demonstrated the diligence, character, and athletic talent to excel at both positions, if not simultaneously.

As for not drafting correctly last year, that could be the case. I suspect that this move, however, is rooted in getting the best players on the field. Two reasons, (1) the Giants pretty much discovered that Kiwi can be an effective SLB (he was our best LB in coverage last year, which is eveyr bit as remarkable as it is sad)...they wouldn't have known that about him -- despite their longitudinal scouting -- because he was a DE in college and never had the opportunity to play elsewhere; (2) the decision was driven by Spags, who wasn't with the organization when Kiwi was drafted.

Regarding the available LBs at 20 (I assume you're referring to Beason and Pozluszny), that's irrelevant. The decision to deploy Kiwi at SLB was made before the draft and therefore factored into the Giants' draft strategy. They didn't take a LB early because, among other things, they added Kiwi and Kawika Mitchell to the mix, thereby alleviating their immediate need for starting OLBs. You could argue that such a thought process is short-sighted, since Mitchell signed a 1-year deal and Kiwi's future is at DE, but perhaps the Giants addressed their future need at LB by drafting Wilkinson and DeOssie.

Well, look who decided to join the pirate,...uh I mean, party.

I like our draft.

I'm not sure about Kiwi becoming LB. I'd have to see the guy on the field first. Besides, if it's true, we're going to need a DE to supplement Strahan, no?

He received a significant amount of time at LB last year, and, quite frankly, he was very impressive, especially when you consider he has such a limited background as a LB. For a guy that spent the vast majority of his football career attacking the QB and playing downhill, he looked surprisingly fluid and natural in coverage. That's why the move is feasible: he showed he can do it, and he's too much of play-maker to be on the bench for 1st and 2nd down.

With Tuck coming back, I see no need for an additional DE. Adrian Awasom could be a passable 4th DE, and both Joseph and Robbins have played strong side DE for us in the past. I also think that Jay Alford could contribute in this role as well...

Well, look who decided to join the pirate,...uh I mean, party.

Some of my goofball friends recently had a Halloween party (isn't that funny and unique?! A Halloween party in April!!! Oh, the hilarity!!), and I used the remnants of the pirate costume to my a Flava Flav-gay pirate hybrid cosutme. It was a winner.

There's also a picture of me using a dildo as a faux microphone on St. Patrick's Day (some dude I know bought it as a novelty item, and then decided to throw it out me...I know, I'm resourceful).

I have pictures of both occurrences on my computer. You want some copies? I know you're very interested in photographs of me!

Some of my goofball friends recently had a Halloween party (isn't that funny and unique?! A Halloween party in April!!! Oh, the hilarity!!), and I used the remnants of the pirate costume to my a Flava Flav-gay pirate hybrid cosutme. It was a winner.

There's also a picture of me using a dildo as a faux microphone on St. Patrick's Day (some dude I know bought it as a novelty item, and then decided to throw it out me...I know, I'm resourceful).

I have pictures of both occurrences on my computer. You want some copies? I know you're very interested in photographs of me!

Nah, the gay pirate pic is all I need. Thanks for offering though.

I agree. Plus, I think Kiwi is to long legged to play LB. He looks unatural running more than 10 yards. Plus, who's our other DE beside Tuck, Osi, and Strahan?

His height and reach will be very helpful to him at his new position. Lining up over TEs and filling short-to-intermediate passing lanes are right up his ally. He has the short area quickness to be a plus player in this role, and he clearly has the pass rushing skills to be a real terror off the edge on blitzes.

Spags and Bill Sheridan have each conceded that he'll struggle to cover TEs initially, and that's a fair point. He has no real experience in man coverage or playing with his back to the QB. There will be an adjustmental period in that regard, but Spags' scheme -- assuming it's an extension of the Eagles defense -- won't require him to cover TEs on a regular basis. Having a 6'6 frame with a gigantic wingpsan will help him, though.

So Money, are you here on business or pleasure? Funny how a few days ago we got a member from your board posting a link to there, and now here you are now. What a coincidence. :unsure:

Anyway, I hope you just miss us. I honestly like your Giants insight and it would be a pleasure to read some of it again.