SportsWrath

"Kiwi, can you make the transition to LB?"

so-cal dub

Nah, the gay pirate pic is all I need. Thanks for offering though.

You sure? I also have a picture of myself and my fiance as "Mel Gibson and Officer Sugartits." I think you'd like it, although it doesn't have the underlying gay innuendo that you seem to fancy. :)

You sure? I also have a picture of myself and my fiance as "Mel Gibson and Officer Sugartits." I think you'd like it, although it doesn't have the underlying gay innuendo that you seem to fancy. :)

Well, that depends on who officer Sugar tits is.

Oh and Fiance is a man. Fiancee is a woman.

So Money, are you here on business or pleasure. Funny how a few days ago we got a member from your board posting a link to there, and now here you are now. What a coincidence. :unsure:

Anyway, I hope you just miss us. I honestly like your Giants insight and it would be a pleasure to read some of it again.

Midas pointed me to that thread, and mentioned that Mod 4 had been wreaking some havoc. I checked it out; I didn't know that GoEli was still posting here. I guess he was trying to promote his interview, but some of the people here seem convinced he has other motives. Whatever.

I came across this thread and really wanted to chime in. Kiwi to LB is one of the few offseason moves that I'm genuinely excited about.

Well, that depends on who officer Sugar tits is.

Oh and Fiance is a man. Fiancee is a woman.

"Sugartits" is from the Mel Gibson arrest/tirade: http://tabloidwhore.blogspot.com/2006/07/m...eant-sugar.html

Heh, for the past 6 weeks I've been writing that and no one has corrected me. Good catch. I believe gay marriage was recently legalized in Michigan, so if I wanted to fulfill my typo, I could. Super...

I wouldn't have liked that move either. Furthermore, last year we were decimated with injuries at defensive end. Tuck, Osi and Stra were all out for long periods last year. Unless they are planning on bringingin some defensive end free agent from somewhere as backup, I don't think this move makes sense. But hopefully I'm wrong.

Getting Kiwi on the field takes precedence over concerns about depth. After all, starters are more important than reserves. Besides, if bad luck were to strike again, Kiwi could easily play DE full-time (and Kawika, Wilkinson, or DeOssie could start at SLB).

Bottom line, Kiwi is more valuable as a playmaking starter than a situational reserve.

You have to have Reese say Al Wilson alot, he seems to repeat himself, alot.

Better than wearing a rug on his head though

You'd be surprised how accurate boohyah's post is.

Player X passing or failing physical is completely a function of whether or not a team wants Player X to pass or fail. If the Giants wanted Al Wilson to pass their physical, he would have...just like LaVar Arrington did, despite having a debilitating knee condition...

Getting Kiwi on the field takes precedence over concerns about depth. After all, starters are more important than reserves. Besides, if bad luck were to strike again, Kiwi could easily play DE full-time (and Kawika, Wilkinson, or DeOssie could start at SLB).

Bottom line, Kiwi is more valuable as a playmaking starter than a situational reserve.

You could get Kiwi on the field by giving him another preseason camp playing DE and then possibly, and this guy is talented enough, he could actually be good enough to supplant one of our current defensive ends, possibly Osi.

As for depth, Money, what cost us games last year more than anything?.

You'd be surprised how accurate boohyah's post is.

Player X passing or failing physical is completely a function of whether or not a team wants Player X to pass or fail. If the Giants wanted Al Wilson to pass their physical, he would have...just like LaVar Arrington did, despite having a debilitating knee condition...

I absolutely meant it.

You could get Kiwi on the field by giving him another preseason camp playing DE and then possibly, and this guy is talented enough, he could actually be good enough to supplant one of our current defensive ends, possibly Osi.

As for depth, Money, what cost us games last year more than anything?.

It's possible, but doubtful. Osi is a very good, sometimes great DE. He's also young and still improving. As talented as Kiwi is, it's very difficult to envision him replacing Osi as a starter.

Even if that did happen, how much better are we defensively? We basically have the same problem as before: a playmaker (in this case Osi) on the bench, which amounts to misallocated resources.

I don't see how depth is compromised here. Last year was an aberration; you never see a team lose it's top 3 DEs to injury. Nonetheless, if that were to happen again, Kiwi could easily slide back into DE and Mitchell/Wilkinson/DeOssie could step in at SLB.

Truth be told, if our top 3 DEs get hurt again and miss a substantial period of time, we're kinda screwed regardless...

It's possible, but doubtful. Osi is a very good, sometimes great DE. He's also young and still improving. As talented as Kiwi is, it's very difficult to envision him replacing Osi as a starter.

Even if that did happen, how much better are we defensively? We basically have the same problem as before: a playmaker (in this case Osi) on the bench, which amounts to misallocated resources.

I don't see how depth is compromised here. Last year was an aberration; you never see a team lose it's top 3 DEs to injury. Nonetheless, if that were to happen again, Kiwi could easily slide back into DE and Mitchell/Wilkinson/DeOssie could step in at SLB.

Truth be told, if our top 3 DEs get hurt again and miss a substantial period of time, we're kinda screwed regardless...

I hope our conditioning staff has learned something over the last three seasons. Maybe they take a different approach this year, but I doubt it.

I hope our conditioning staff has learned something over the last three seasons. Maybe they take a different approach this year, but I doubt it.

Maybe they have, althought it's difficult to determine how large of a role that conditioning played in the injuries. Strahan and Tuck both had Lis Franc sprains, which is nothing other than bad luck.