SportsWrath

B-U-S-?

*SDMF*

Is Eli gonna put a big ol' "T" at the end of that this year or what? Everyone, Put your chips onthe table and make your bets. Just let me get some opinions. I personally have no idea how he's gonna do. I wanna say he's gonna be fine and all, but I really dont seeit hppening. Past two years he has seemed to be making the same mistakes. Because he's a GIANT I wanna say he'll be fine. But if I was a betting man, which Im not much of, Id say he's done in NY after this year. Discuss. :mellow:

Check the sig.

I have zero confidence in his ability to lead us to the Super Bowl.

Hope I'm wrong... but come from behind wins against Denver and Philly only break even against horrific, game losing INTS vs. Tennesee and Jacksonville.

Definitely NOT worth the trade.

What's your measuring stick for bust?

He's already a competent, if uneven QB. He might never live up to his draft status, but still be a good QB. Is that a bust?

If he stays at the same level (which I doubt--but he may be a late-bloomer) and we win Superbowls with him anyway, is he a bust?

Simms wasn't really a good quarterback until '83 (four years after he was drafted), when it seemed to kick in for him, and IMO not a great QB until a few years later. I assure you people wanted him gone well before then (I have to admit, I was one of them). I wound up horrified when they cut him.

He's done enough positives to earn a little more patience from us.

He's already a competent, if uneven QB. He might never live up to his draft status, but still be a good QB. Is that a bust?

If he stays at the same level (which I doubt--but he may be a late-bloomer) and we win Superbowls with him anyway, is he a bust?

Simms wasn't really a good quarterback until '83 (four years after he was drafted), when it seemed to kick in for him, and IMO not a great QB until a few years later. I assure you people wanted him gone well before then (I have to admit, I was one of them). I wound up horrified when they cut him.

The problem is that no one has any patientce at all anymore. The league is a win now league and every one expects players to be great immediately. That just doesn't happen all that often. If you are only giving him one more year, then I don't know if you are going to be happy. It all depends on how Gilbride runs the new offense this year.

If we have a grind it out smash mouth style offense, he may do much better than last year when he was throwing 40 times a game. Eli is good enough to win games now. He is excellent at the 4th quarter comeback, and I'm sure many other teams out there would love to have him. Now the coaching staff needs to be smart and not put him in positions where he has a chance of giving a game to the other team, like we did with the Titans this year. That last interception should not have taken place because the coaching staff should have been smart enough to run the ball in that situation. A team and players them selves being good is a dynamic relationship between not only the players skills, but the situations their coaching staff puts them in.

Forget stats and lets talk about his overall gameplay. His gameplay starts of great and ends piss fucking poor. 48 TD's and zero confidene in himself, sulking when he throws a shitty ball, and not knowing when to throw the fuckin ball away does not count as a good QB. He must have a steady year, from start to finish, to stay in NY.

Eli will never be Peyton, and if you want to rate his bust-value he is a bust for what we gave up for him....

BUT that does not mean we should be talking about getting rid of him. He is as inconsistent as the rest of the team, has had a HORRIBLE OC running the show his entire career so far, his two best receivers have a terminal case of the dropsies.....throw in the pressure of being a Manning in NY and I can understand why some people would be ready to declare him a bust as a player but personally he has shown too much talent and has had to deal with so much adversity whether it be the media, his teammates, or his coaches.

stats are indicative of a qb's play. he didn't throw those 48 td's by accident. is he there yet? no. but is he a bust? please

for the salary he gets he is a big fucki bust :doh:

The whole sulking thing and deer in the headlights look is overrated. I noticed it during the playoff game. Eli threw that pick, and Aikman commented on that look he had. Then, he has an awesome drive and ties the game in the 4th, and he has that same look on.

The whole sulking thing and deer in the headlights look is overrated. I noticed it during the playoff game. Eli threw that pick, and Aikman commented on that look he had. Then, he has an awesome drive and ties the game in the 4th, and he has that same look on.

I agree. How can someone make an assessment of his caracter based on a facial expression after a bad play. Brett Favre stands there and stares at the field and shakes his head when he throws a pick also, but no one rips on him because he doesn't have a young looking face. That's a silly thing to judge a quarterback on.

I agree. How can someone make an assessment of his caracter based on a facial expression after a bad play. Brett Favre stands there and stares at the field and shakes his head when he throws a pick also, but no one rips on him because he doesn't have a young looking face. That's a silly thing to judge a quarterback on.

Are you kidding? Bret Farve is exactly that, Bret Fucking Farve. Elidoesnt shake his head in disgust, he puts his head down in shame and cries. Be a fuckin man and stop crying Eli.

Are you kidding? Bret Farve is exactly that, Bret Fucking Farve. Elidoesnt shake his head in disgust, he puts his head down in shame and cries. Be a fuckin man and stop crying Eli.

Analysts were singing Romo's hymns because he was "so intense, so fiery" and then before you knew it he was crying YES CRYING during a game.

It works both ways. The whole Eli's facial expression thing is completely overblown.

Analysts were singing Romo's hymns because he was "so intense, so fiery" and then before you knew it he was crying YES CRYING during a game.

It works both ways. The whole Eli's facial expression thing is completely overblown.

Forget stats and lets talk about his overall gameplay. His gameplay starts of great and ends piss fucking poor. 48 TD's and zero confidene in himself, sulking when he throws a shitty ball, and not knowing when to throw the fuckin ball away does not count as a good QB. He must have a steady year, from start to finish, to stay in NY.

How do you think that was possible with fucking Huffnagel not knowing the meaning of a steady game plan?? The playcalling was what was piss fucking poor. Its a miracle we won the games we did with the wonderful play calling we had. Lets hope its a little better this year. But I doubt it since Spastic Coughlin is still the coach.

<_< You have got to be kidding right? Bust? A bust doesnt lead his team to the Playoffs 2 years in a row even thow they have one of the worst D's in the game...A bust doesnt throw 54 TD's in 39 games...A bust doesnt improve every year....48% comp 52% comp 57% comp..If he keeps improving at that rate he will be 61% passer this up comming season. ...."He doesnt show any emotion" Why is is good when he throws a game winning TD and bad when he throws an Int? Ever hear the whole "act like youve been there before". In the Day of the "show boat" everyone wants a QB to be yelling and screeming...Why? what doese this do? Motavate your team....Think back to all the times your parents yelled at you...After a while didnt you just drown them out? Also...If our D could hold another team in the 4th quarter We would have won at least 3 more games...not including the playoff game...So dont kill the guy that helps us to ba a top 10 scoring O ...Kill the D that is ranked in the mid to late 20's....

How do you think that was possible with fucking Huffnagel not knowing the meaning of a steady game plan?? The playcalling was what was piss fucking poor. Its a miracle we won the games we did with the wonderful play calling we had. Lets hope its a little better this year. But I doubt it since Spastic Coughlin is still the coach.

Thats fair.

Eli will never be Peyton, and if you want to rate his bust-value he is a bust for what we gave up for him....

BUT that does not mean we should be talking about getting rid of him. He is as inconsistent as the rest of the team, has had a HORRIBLE OC running the show his entire career so far, his two best receivers have a terminal case of the dropsies.....throw in the pressure of being a Manning in NY and I can understand why some people would be ready to declare him a bust as a player but personally he has shown too much talent and has had to deal with so much adversity whether it be the media, his teammates, or his coaches.

I agree. I saw him play in college and he could take over a ballgame. I like it when he calls the plays in the no huddle - it seems he gets a rythym going and we all know he is capable of doing great things. has he been consistent? Hell no. But is there a chance he develops into a great QB? I believe there is. The main thing is he has to do it this year.

Is Eli gonna put a big ol' "T" at the end of that this year or what? Everyone, Put your chips onthe table and make your bets. Just let me get some opinions. I personally have no idea how he's gonna do. I wanna say he's gonna be fine and all, but I really dont seeit hppening. Past two years he has seemed to be making the same mistakes. Because he's a GIANT I wanna say he'll be fine. But if I was a betting man, which Im not much of, Id say he's done in NY after this year. Discuss. :mellow:

For what we paid for him, the T is already there in my book.

For what we paid for him, the T is already there in my book.

i don't understand why everyone is having a tough time being PATIENT...ok, so eli isn't torching the league right away. he's not as good as carson palmer, i get that, but he is not a bad QB at this point.. that doesn't mean that he will not be an elite qb in the future. it takes lots of guys a while to become acclimated to the point that they catapult themselves into that elite level. donovan mcnabb was getting a lot of shit his first couple of years if i remember correctly. the point is eli will never be considered a bust. some of you guys throw that term around way too easily. joey harrington was a bust. ryan leaf was a bust. eli is not...while he may never live up to his hype, he will never be considered a bust. he has been improving steadily over the years as lemmiwinks has already pointed out. there's no reason to think he won't continue to do so.

I was one of the idiots who wanted S-C-O-T-T BRUNNER!!!! :ph34r::unsure: So I can give O.C.P. another year of seasoning to hopefully excel.