SportsWrath

B-U-S-?

*SDMF*

i don't understand why everyone is having a tough time being PATIENT...ok, so eli isn't torching the league right away. he's not as good as carson palmer, i get that, but he is not a bad QB at this point.. that doesn't mean that he will not be an elite qb in the future.

Dre, the reason why nobody is patient is because to this point, Eli hasn't justified the trade, OR the salary. For three years we've had a guy eating up our salary cap who's really no better than the guy he replaced.

Meanwhile, we've got holes at just about every position on the team, and with a couple extra million dollars over the past few years, we may have been able to fill some of them.

I'm willing to give Eli one, MAYBE two more years... but like I said, I have ZERO confidence in the kid right now, and would demand he take a pay cut if he plays average football again this year.

Dre, the reason why nobody is patient is because to this point, Eli hasn't justified the trade, OR the salary. For three years we've had a guy eating up our salary cap who's really no better than the guy he replaced.

Meanwhile, we've got holes at just about every position on the team, and with a couple extra million dollars over the past few years, we may have been able to fill some of them.

I'm willing to give Eli one, MAYBE two more years... but like I said, I have ZERO confidence in the kid right now, and would demand he take a pay cut if he plays average football again this year.

Exactly. A number 1 overall pick is expected to perform at a certain level. A guy who not only was the #1 overall pick, but cost an additional 4th rounder, 1st rounder, and a 3rd rounder or something like that would be expected to to perform that much better. Not to mention, he was supposed to be further along than Peyton coming out of college. What happened to that? And don't give me the supporting cast stuff, because Eli has weapons...lot of them. So, if you ask me to define the word bust, it's easy. A bust is simply a guy who doesn't live up to reasonable expectations. Eli was expected to excel. That wasn't reasonable. Reasonable after 3 years would be above average. He's not even there. Average is right where I'd put him.

Sure, he's shown that he can make good throws here and there, but the severe lack of consistency makes me believe he'll never be considered 'elite'.

• 2 weeks later...